Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EVER HEARD THE SAYING. THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:10 pm

IF THATS THE CASE WE ARE LEAVING DEALS LATE AGAIN AND STALLING ON OUR BIG MOST IMPORTANT SIGNINGS,
NOTORIOUSLY WE ALWAYS LOSE OUR PLAYERS WHEN THEY STALL

WATFORD STRIKER, NOONE, KEOGH THATS 3 OUT OF 3 FOR US, PLUS THE REJECTION OF 2 OTHER BIG GUYS

V.TAN AND MALKY SEEM TO THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA TO BYPASS OTHER SPECULATION ON A MYSTERY STRIKER + CB + BELLAMY KIMBO AND MAYBE MC

IM TELLING YOU IF WE DONT GET OUR DEALS IN EARLY WE'L MISS OUT AND GET LEFT WITH SCRAPS AND FREE TRANSFERS FROM AVERAGE SIDES WITH JOURNEYMEN PAST THEIR BEST OR INJURY PRONE

Re: EVER HEARD THE SAYING. THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Caps lock broke, is it?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 pm

We get a thread like this EVERY single day.

Why post all the negativity AGAIN.

Read it a thousand times..

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 pm

LOUD NOISES

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:33 pm

We lost out on Sordell to a premiership team. We didn't lose out on Noone, he went nowhere. Keogh is the closest thing to losing out but we were offering him back up to our CB pairing and wanted him to play RB. Derby have just made him captain.
Last edited by Wayne S on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Yeah the signings we made last season gave us such a crap season didn't they? Idiot :roll:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:36 pm

we've signed 4 this season already u tool

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 pm

I LIKE FOOTBALL AND RIDING MY BIKE

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:00 am

I'd imagine we've spent the most in the league including the Kim Bo-Kyung transfer.

Lots of the activity at the moment is free transfer moves. Moves when sizable amounts of money changes hands usually take longer, if only because selling teams like to line up a replacement signing prior to completing a deal.

Our movement so far has been pretty good I think and I'm confident that will develop further prior to the end of August.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:36 am

look at this from a different angle. It wont be long before the premiership have to name their 25 man squads for the season. This will obviously put some fringe players in the market whether on loan or permanent deals. What would you say if several good signings became available and Malky had blown all his transfer budget on good quality championship and league one players. He knows what he's doing far better than anyone else on this site.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:47 am

pontlliwblue wrote:look at this from a different angle. It wont be long before the premiership have to name their 25 man squads for the season. This will obviously put some fringe players in the market whether on loan or permanent deals. What would you say if several good signings became available and Malky had blown all his transfer budget on good quality championship and league one players. He knows what he's doing far better than anyone else on this site.

Yes, this factor has changed the profile of the transfer window in recent years. Prem clubs/players won't make a move until after this date as they just don't know what squads they will have at their disposal.

We've made a number of signings, add a few Prem players who don't make the 25 (just like Bellers the first time) and we could be flying.

I just wish we could settle the Bellers situation now on way or the other. It has the potential to generate some real excitement, sell a few more tickets and, maybe, be the deciding factor in attracting more players but could also be a distraction if it drags on too long :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:27 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:IF THATS THE CASE WE ARE LEAVING DEALS LATE AGAIN AND STALLING ON OUR BIG MOST IMPORTANT SIGNINGS,

WATFORD STRIKER, NOONE, KEOGH THATS 3 OUT OF 3 FOR US, PLUS THE REJECTION OF 2 OTHER BIG GUYS

V.TAN AND MALKY SEEM TO THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA TO BYPASS OTHER SPECULATION ON A MYSTERY STRIKER + CB + BELLAMY KIMBO AND MAYBE MC

IM TELLING YOU IF WE DONT GET OUR DEALS IN EARLY WE'L MISS OUT AND GET LEFT WITH SCRAPS AND FREE TRANSFERS FROM AVERAGE SIDES WITH JOURNEYMEN PAST THEIR BEST OR INJURY PRONE

Noone deal was blocked by their owner .watford striker we were outbid by bigger club . Keogh demands did not meet ours . why dont you post facts

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:34 am

"THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM"

If birds could talk they'ed tell you that saying is bollox.A segull told me the best time to catch worms is when its raining. :lol:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:00 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:"THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM"

If birds could talk they'ed tell you that saying is bollox.A segull told me the best time to catch worms is when its raining. :lol:

Told me the same !

Also told me "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much."

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:57 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:IF THATS THE CASE WE ARE LEAVING DEALS LATE AGAIN AND STALLING ON OUR BIG MOST IMPORTANT SIGNINGS,

Ever heard of patience?? :roll: :roll:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 am

I was told that it is a myth that early birds catch the most worms. Birds catch worms all the time all they need is the opportunity to do.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Have you ever tried eating worms, disgusting things, even when fried :!: