Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tim Cahill to New York Red Bulls!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:46 pm

:shock:

Didn't see that one happening!

Re: Tim Cahill to New York Red Bulls!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:50 pm

The quality of the MLS seems to be getting better and better now. My guess is that in a few years it will be one of the main challengers to the PL. They'll have to get rid of the salary cap first though

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:52 pm

It's perceived that they just sign all the Premiership old boys or the premiership rejects, but Cahill is quality!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 pm

pauly_gee wrote:It's perceived that they just sign all the Premiership old boys or the premiership rejects, but Cahill is quality!

A certain Kenny Miller :D

But they do have some good players out there who can still perform to a good standard like Beckham, Kris Boyd, Henry, Cahill. Rio Ferdinand has been linked with Chicago Fire or Columbus Crew (can't remember).
I reckon they have some sort of 10 year plan to lure more American football fans with the big names who are cheaper now, then when there is more money in the kitty they go for the better players. My bets are that Messi is playing in the MLS in 15 years

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:04 pm

CantonJack wrote:
pauly_gee wrote:It's perceived that they just sign all the Premiership old boys or the premiership rejects, but Cahill is quality!

But they do have some good players out there who can still perform to a good standard like Beckham, Kris Boyd, Henry, Cahill. Rio Ferdinand has been linked with Chicago Fire or Columbus Crew (can't remember).
I reckon they have some sort of 10 year plan to lure more American football fans with the big names who are cheaper now, then when there is more money in the kitty they go for the better players. My bets are that Messi is playing in the MLS in 15 years

When hes in his late 30s :lol:

No different Pele, Beckenbaur and Georgie Best.etc. playing in the MLS 30-40 years ago.

Doh!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:08 pm

CP76 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

Yes, in his late 30's. He'll continue to dominate Europe untill he's in his mid 30's then the money will speak and he'll be off to America

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:10 pm

CantonJack wrote:
CP76 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

Yes, in his late 30's. He'll continue to dominate Europe untill he's in his mid 30's then the money will speak and he'll be off to America

Hardly a new plan then :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Never said it was :roll:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Only 1m apparently, bargain!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:20 am

seriously, usa and china are going to be big contenders in football soon!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:33 am

Messi will be long retired by then, probably through injury

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:35 am

CantonJack wrote:Never said it was :roll:

You said it was a 10 year plan :roll:

Same plan as 40 years ago :lol:

Paying stupid money for over the hill players.