Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Will big signings turn anti red to acceptable red?

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:07 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:I dont care what signings we have, as long as we still have a team......but it doesnt mean I support the red campaign either.

VT has put forward a business plan which includes the re-branding of the club.
He has so far, not settled the long standing debt with Langston, he has not turned debt to equity, out debt is continiously rising on a monthly basis with 0.07% interest and I feel they havent taken a proper survey or research into the rebranding process of a football club.

If he had done it the other way around, it wont be so bad, i.e. settle debt and turn existing debt to equity first then rebrand.

I feel the owners need to repair their relationship with the fans; I believe next season they need to bring us aboard about the new badge design as well as kit design.

However, Whilst I am against the rebranding, I hope they could re-consider next season and consult with us fans. I do appreciate what they have done for the club so far in the meantime, paying our tax bills etc. Now is the time for them to shine.

What business plan!? Not even board members have seen this plan! It's just Tans vision!

TBH honest this 'business plan' and 'vision' thing is just splitting hairs. VT's vision is his own business plan the only difference being we don't know the exact details.

Does that not worry you? That our club is being run by someone's vision? Granted he's a successful business man but he's running a football club which is a different kettle of fish and he has got a business plan in place? The mind boggles!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:37 am

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:I dont care what signings we have, as long as we still have a team......but it doesnt mean I support the red campaign either.

He has so far, not settled the long standing debt with Langston, he has not turned debt to equity, out debt is continiously rising on a monthly basis with 0.07% interest and I feel they havent taken a proper survey or research into the rebranding process of a football club.

If he had done it the other way around, it wont be so bad, i.e. settle debt and turn existing debt to equity first then rebrand.

I feel the owners need to repair their relationship with the fans; I believe next season they need to bring us aboard about the new badge design as well as kit design.

However, Whilst I am against the rebranding, I hope they could re-consider next season and consult with us fans. I do appreciate what they have done for the club so far in the meantime, paying our tax bills etc. Now is the time for them to shine.

What business plan!? Not even board members have seen this plan! It's just Tans vision!

TBH honest this 'business plan' and 'vision' thing is just splitting hairs. VT's vision is his own business plan the only difference being we don't know the exact details.

Does that not worry you? That our club is being run by someone's vision? Granted he's a successful business man but he's running a football club which is a different kettle of fish and he has got a business plan in place? The mind boggles!

Every business is run with somebody's vision and they don't all disclose their business plans!

I think it's clear to even the most fickle of fans, that VT has got a business plan, whether the change of colour is necessary for him to make his business plan and vision successful only time will tell, as he doesn't appear to have told anybody else about it, except for TG perhaps!

TBH, if he did disclose his full business plan as he disclosed some of his intents and commitments a few weeks ago, I'd be disappointed in him, as if his plan is any good, there could well be a lot of other clubs thinking it'd be a good idea for them to adopt as well!

Whether we think his vision or plan will work or not is irrelevant, as he's chosen to go down this path and we've got no chance of changing his mind, at least for the forthcoming season, so what's the point in worrying!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:
northside of risca wrote:No for me. Even if we were to get promoted I will never accept changes. No need for rebranding. Utter joke. That is both my personal view and that of every other person who I have spoke to who follows other clubs. Spoke to a wolves fan in work today. He is against stadium rebranding etc , however thought our situation just took piss.

How would you feel if we cained the league mate?

Would you be celebrating? Pitch invasion, there for the open top!! Ect... Or would you be gutted that we done it in red?

I would obviously be happy however what has happened to this club in the last 3 months has really jaded my opinion of both the club and fanbase and in truth , taken away a massive amount of enthusiasm I have for the club and watching football in general to be honest. Usually can't wait for the season kick off but this yr can take or leave it.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Personally no, it wouldn't make red acceptable to me. I want the club's identity back more than any signing. Not that we should expect big signings, Fake Tan is playing people for mugs.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:31 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:

The thing people fail to understand also is his intention is to now get his money back. That and success don't go hand in hand. There comes a point where paying £20m a season just to avoid us going under and have another gamble at promotion isn't cost effective anymore... With his investment already, knowing how little the club is worth, and the likely price he will get for us should we be sold IF we ever get promoted.... You would have to think that time is soon.

People automatically think that because he has a vision/business plan then that's a positive... In all likely hood it's probably quite the opposite.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:43 pm

NEVER COULDNT CARE LESS IF MESSI SIGNED, WE MUST FIGHT ALL THE WAY TO GET BLUE BACK TO HOME GAMES :ayatollah: