Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will big signings turn anti red to acceptable red?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Just wondering about this as I have always been flexible to the idea to make the next big step.

Will one or 2 real anti change raise an eyebrow and think, ok I can go with this!!

I understand that many are uncomfortable with the red but when we batter Huddersfield 4nil with the greatest football we have ever played at the new ground. Will it turn heads?

Prob going over old ground here but we are potentially signing massive players here!!

Very exciting in my opinion

Plus we still have the :ayatollah: :ayatollah: that will be our identity!!

Also we're mad and welsh when we travel away!!! That's our identity :lol:

Re: Will big signings turn anti red to acceptable red?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Will make it worse.

We can't afford to pay our own players without loans let alone more big players on top.

See Portsmouth.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:55 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Will make it worse.

We can't afford to pay our own players without loans let alone more big players on top.

See Portsmouth.

I hear you mr magic. Respect what your saying here but surely a few big signings will get everyone buzzing.

This Kim lad must be class!! Seen a few you tube clips and very happy!!

I think he could link well with whitts!!

Bellamy,and one striker (Rhodes) will set us up nice. Also pacey defender and we have a good chance

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:58 pm

How you can say it will make it worse is beyond me, i dont think it will. People will still b upset but at end of day we are all here to support the team

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't give a fuk what color shirt we run out in. Results is all that counts for me! And if good signings bring us good results then its all good with me. A red fukin top aint gunna stop me chanting ”bluebirds”

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Of course its great to see class players at city but langston being payed off and fucked off would be worth 3 craig bellamys in my opinion,
it seems the malaysians are having one big gamble to get us up this season,hopefully itll be our year
all aboard the cardiff city rollercoaster(again) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Blue
Blue
Blue

If Pompey go under and debt turned to equity - then my perspective may alter.

watching them playing in red is gonna do a lot of heads in I think.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Just wondering about this as I have always been flexible to the idea to make the next big step.

Will one or 2 real anti change raise an eyebrow and think, ok I can go with this!!

Prob going over old ground here but we are potentially signing massive players here!!

Very exciting in my opinion

Plus we still have the :ayatollah: :ayatollah: that will be our identity!!

Also we're mad and welsh when we travel away!!! That's our identity :lol:

It would be nice to know who the "massive players are" but regardless of that I believe a lot of fans aren't really enthusiastic about this season because of the changes. I don't thing the signing of a couple of players will restore faith after losing over a hundred years of history ! The identity of the club has been changed and there may be further changes in due course.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:14 pm

See Portsmouth.

Although you are generally negative in a sense you are correct in terms of finances long term, however if you look at it in the long term the more we spend now on players although it means extra costs it increases the chances of promotion which will give us far more money and help us pay off a lot of debt.

Look at West Ham they had 100m debt coming down from the Prem, spent around 10m increasing that debt but then they got promoted so the extra costs in the short run benefited them, although it is a gamble.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:21 pm

not sure, the thing tHat will sway most is when langston is sorted IMO. once/if they get us out of debt they will deserve praise :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Daniel M wrote:

See Portsmouth.

Although you are generally negative in a sense you are correct in terms of finances long term, however if you look at it in the long term the more we spend now on players although it means extra costs it increases the chances of promotion which will give us far more money and help us pay off a lot of debt.

Look at West Ham they had 100m debt coming down from the Prem, spent around 10m increasing that debt but then they got promoted so the extra costs in the short run benefited them, although it is a gamble.

Perhaps the board do not want to 'gamble' anymore. We were a point of the top in January but we did not strengthen in the January window like West Ham, Southampton and Reading. All 3 got promoted. Saying that City have brought in a couple of players this summer but we could still do with a bit of extra quality to mount a serious challenge.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:22 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:not sure, the thing tHat will sway most is when langston is sorted IMO. once/if they get us out of debt they will deserve praise :ayatollah:

But we wil then be in debt to them. It's just switching who we owe it to.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Daniel M wrote:

See Portsmouth.

spot on
massive gamble though which does worry me
in my opinion weve got the right man for the job in malky though and as long as us the fans stick together and support the team weve got a very good chance to do well
i hate the red and the new badge but we are stuck with it for at least this season

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:25 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:not sure, the thing tHat will sway most is when langston is sorted IMO. once/if they get us out of debt they will deserve praise :ayatollah:

not if they turn it into shares, its the IF that worries me though, and cheer up are you ever exited about anything cardiff? 50 percent of your post are anti cardiff, the other 50 percent are rimming the jacks, bet youre a right laugh at games

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:25 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
Daniel M wrote:

See Portsmouth.

Perhaps the board do not want to 'gamble' anymore. We were a point of the top in January but we did not strengthen in the January window like West Ham, Southampton and Reading. All 3 got promoted. Saying that City have brought in a couple of players this summer but we could still do with a bit of extra quality to mount a serious challenge.

Middlesbrough weren't far off the top either and they spent a few million on players and they didn't even finish in the play offs. It's far from guaranteed.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:29 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

not if they turn it into shares, its the IF that worries me though, and cheer up are you ever exited about anything cardiff? 50 percent of your post are anti cardiff, the other 50 percent are rimming the jacks, bet youre a right laugh at games

But the club is worth £15m. Why would Tan write off £85m for no reason. It's 13% of his total personal wealth. When he converts his money to equity he will then own the club, so what's the point n owing yourself money? He will just make sure he gets his investment back before he walks away, whether that be selling players and keeping the transfer fees or selling real estate. But make no mistake, anything he puts in HE WILL be taking back.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Agree, signings does not guarantee success but extra quality does probably help. I think this year more than ever its's going to be a hard Division to get out of. Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton have strong squads and then there will be the regulars, Blackpool, Boro. Sheff Weds may come through and Brighton look strong this season. It's a lottery.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:33 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

But the club is worth £15m. Why would Tan write off £85m for no reason. It's 13% of his total personal wealth. When he converts his money to equity he will then own the club, so what's the point n owing yourself money? He will just make sure he gets his investment back before he walks away, whether that be selling players and keeping the transfer fees or selling real estate. But make no mistake, anything he puts in HE WILL be taking back.

hence the apparent biggest transfer budget we hav had, get in the prem and it should be fine, dont make the prem... who knows!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Big signings will in NO WAY make red acceptable.

We are the Bluebirds. We should play in blue.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:38 pm

I dont care what signings we have, as long as we still have a team......but it doesnt mean I support the red campaign either.

VT has put forward a business plan which includes the re-branding of the club. He has so far, not settled the long standing debt with Langston, he has not turned debt to equity, out debt is continiously rising on a monthly basis with 0.07% interest and I feel they havent taken a proper survey or research into the rebranding process of a football club.

If he had done it the other way around, it wont be so bad, i.e. settle debt and turn existing debt to equity first then rebrand.

I feel the owners need to repair their relationship with the fans; I believe next season they need to bring us aboard about the new badge design as well as kit design.

However, Whilst I am against the rebranding, I hope they could re-consider next season and consult with us fans. I do appreciate what they have done for the club so far in the meantime, paying our tax bills etc. Now is the time for them to shine.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:32 pm

No for me. Even if we were to get promoted I will never accept changes. No need for rebranding. Utter joke. That is both my personal view and that of every other person who I have spoke to who follows other clubs. Spoke to a wolves fan in work today. He is against stadium rebranding etc , however thought our situation just took piss.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:53 pm

northside of risca wrote:No for me. Even if we were to get promoted I will never accept changes. No need for rebranding. Utter joke. That is both my personal view and that of every other person who I have spoke to who follows other clubs. Spoke to a wolves fan in work today. He is against stadium rebranding etc , however thought our situation just took piss.

How would you feel if we cained the league mate?

Would you be celebrating? Pitch invasion, there for the open top!! Ect... Or would you be gutted that we done it in red?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

Do you also think Abramovich wil do the same at chelsea ?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:05 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

well i agree about getting back what he puts in thats simple equasion really dont need to be brain surgeon to work that out! but!!! the one thing he cannot do is sell ground! as if not mistaken the council put some sort of covenant on it because of sams dodgy dealings and they didnt trust him! but guess you willl prove different about this!! :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:37 pm

No chance.

Of course I'll be happy with a few good signings and if we get promoted but I'll never forgive the Malaysians for changing our identity.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:37 pm

NEVER

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:00 am

Not for me. Obviously I'm happy with the signings, Mutch and Kim Bo looks like they have potential but they are no where near "Massive Signings" I guess time will tell how good the players are.

Red is not acceptable to whatever player we bring in including Messi!!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:03 am

azz_ccfc wrote:I dont care what signings we have, as long as we still have a team......but it doesnt mean I support the red campaign either.

VT has put forward a business plan which includes the re-branding of the club.
He has so far, not settled the long standing debt with Langston, he has not turned debt to equity, out debt is continiously rising on a monthly basis with 0.07% interest and I feel they havent taken a proper survey or research into the rebranding process of a football club.

If he had done it the other way around, it wont be so bad, i.e. settle debt and turn existing debt to equity first then rebrand.

I feel the owners need to repair their relationship with the fans; I believe next season they need to bring us aboard about the new badge design as well as kit design.

However, Whilst I am against the rebranding, I hope they could re-consider next season and consult with us fans. I do appreciate what they have done for the club so far in the meantime, paying our tax bills etc. Now is the time for them to shine.

What business plan!? Not even board members have seen this plan! It's just Tans vision!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:43 am

azz_ccfc wrote:I dont care what signings we have, as long as we still have a team......but it doesnt mean I support the red campaign either.

VT has put forward a business plan which includes the re-branding of the club. He has so far, not settled the long standing debt with Langston, he has not turned debt to equity, out debt is continiously rising on a monthly basis with 0.07% interest and I feel they havent taken a proper survey or research into the rebranding process of a football club.

Sorry its 7% and not 0.07%!!!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:16 am

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:

VT has put forward a business plan which includes the re-branding of the club.
He has so far, not settled the long standing debt with Langston, he has not turned debt to equity, out debt is continiously rising on a monthly basis with 0.07% interest and I feel they havent taken a proper survey or research into the rebranding process of a football club.

What business plan!? Not even board members have seen this plan! It's just Tans vision!

TBH honest this 'business plan' and 'vision' thing is just splitting hairs. VT's vision is his own business plan the only difference being we don't know the exact details.