Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam Vokes

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Sam Vokes is set to leave Wolves after boss Stale Solbakken said it was in the striker's best interests to find a new challenge.

Solbakken confirmed talks had resulted in agreement that the striker would benefit from a move.
The 22-year-old Wales international has found starts difficult to come by in his four years with Wolves, having initially chipped in with a number of crucial goals from the bench during his first campaign which saw the team win promotion to the Premier League.
He has had several loan spells, with Leeds, Bristol City, Sheffield United, Norwich, Burnley and Brighton, and has now been made available for transfer - at the right price.
"For Sam I think it is best to find a new challenge," Solbakken told the club's official website. "I have spoken to him about that and we have had an honest, open discussion.
"If an offer is right and Sam is happy and we are happy he will be allowed to leave on a permanent basis. We haven't had any offers to date, just an open chat with Sam about what is best for him and for us."

Anyone be interested in him as a bluebird?

Re: Sam Vokes

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Wouldn't mind him but I wouldn't want him to be the mystery striker, but he would be a good signing :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Didnt realise he was only 22 seems to have been around for years.

Wouldnt mind him as a squad player but not our first choice hitman.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Wattsy1983 wrote:Sam Vokes is set to leave Wolves after boss Stale Solbakken said it was in the striker's best interests to find a new challenge.

Solbakken confirmed talks had resulted in agreement that the striker would benefit from a move.
The 22-year-old Wales international has found starts difficult to come by in his four years with Wolves, having initially chipped in with a number of crucial goals from the bench during his first campaign which saw the team win promotion to the Premier League.
He has had several loan spells, with Leeds, Bristol City, Sheffield United, Norwich, Burnley and Brighton, and has now been made available for transfer - at the right price.
"For Sam I think it is best to find a new challenge," Solbakken told the club's official website. "I have spoken to him about that and we have had an honest, open discussion.
"If an offer is right and Sam is happy and we are happy he will be allowed to leave on a permanent basis. We haven't had any offers to date, just an open chat with Sam about what is best for him and for us."

Anyone be interested in him as a bluebird?

I think he's a better player than a lot of people realise, that said i don't think Malky will go in for him :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:08 pm

I think he'd be a good squad player. Like to see him coming off the bench and causing some damage. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Oppsss just did a similar thread :(

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Can't believe he's so young, 22 yet it feels like he's been in the game for ages, not for me, grabs a goal there and then, not really someone who actually scores a lot of goals, never been able to settle at Wolves and always goes out on loan. Not for me sorry, I expect Burnley will make a bid for him to replace Jay Rodriguez

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:53 am

Excellent player, take him on anyday