BBC sports personality of the year 2012

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Bradley Wiggins :ayatollah: :headbang: :headbang:

Re: BBC sports personality of the year 2012

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Agree with you JPCCFC :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Its only July! Although he has done something near enough stupidly impossible! Not just by winning the tour but by being the first track cyclist gold medal Olympian to do it. but lets see what the Olympics produce yet! Or if somehow Murray does win a Slam at the US Open thats even bigger for me considering the 3 above him.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:52 am

If farah wins the 5000 and 10000 olympic titles I'd give it to him! ... Yes bradley won the tour de france but he was helped by a team and if froome tried harder he might have actually beaten him! ... So farah for me IF he wins the double!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:14 am

got to be tan .....magicaly turned blue to red .....and nobody knows how he done it.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:54 am

AHERNE wrote:If farah wins the 5000 and 10000 olympic titles I'd give it to him! ... Yes bradley won the tour de france but he was helped by a team and if froome tried harder he might have actually beaten him! ... So farah for me IF he wins the double!

I'm pretty sure Farah has a massive team behind him too.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:49 am

AHERNE wrote:If farah wins the 5000 and 10000 olympic titles I'd give it to him! ... Yes bradley won the tour de france but he was helped by a team and if froome tried harder he might have actually beaten him! ... So farah for me IF he wins the double!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Now that's what I'm hoping for. He always comes across as a really nice bloke as well - unlike a lot of top sports people, who seem to have egos the size of houses.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:50 am

JPCCFC wrote:Bradley Wiggins :ayatollah: :headbang: :headbang:

No.1 contender at the moment - and rightly so - but could well change in the coming months.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:53 am

Chris Froome should be

How many of us would have though Fcuk it I am going to go for it up the mountains and pull a few minutes on Wiggo, but he waited and shouted encouragement to Wiggins.... A true champion.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Chris Froome should be

How many of us would have though Fcuk it I am going to go for it up the mountains and pull a few minutes on Wiggo, but he waited and shouted encouragement to Wiggins.... A true champion.

I think the fact Wiggins stopped the race after the crash further back tops that

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17 pm

And he always does a perfect Ayatolla when he crosses the line as the winner

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Listened to talk shite this morning Alan Brazil said he wasn't sure about wiggo being maybe the biggest British sporting achiever . Fair comment . His reason was he wasn't sure cycling was a sport rather a pastime. !!!!!!!!!!!!! TAXI !!!!!!!!!!! No Alan you just turn up for the tour It's easy as f**k. He then wouldn't stop talking about the golf. Bumbling baffoon :old:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 pm

We could have anyone from the olympics

given the 50+ sporting events, it really blows open preportion
could be a true underdog story or a record breaking double gold record break, or anything

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Surely a nailed on banker :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:41 pm

bradley wiggins defo for me and hopefully chris froome the year after.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Deserves it!!!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Straight battle between Wiggins and Murray.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Straight battle between Wiggins and Murray.

Why would Murray get it for being a loser :?:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 pm

BOWMAN wrote:

Agree hes done nothing.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:06 pm

weza 65 wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

Agree hes done nothing.

Hiya mate why aren't you out it is dark outside and they will all be eating so go and cleanup :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:12 pm

BOWMAN wrote:
weza 65 wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

Agree hes done nothing.

Hiya mate why aren't you out it is dark outside and they will all be eating so go and cleanup :lol: :lol:

:lol: was my intention to work tonight mate but im knackered from golf this morning,will have to do a doubler tomorrow.going to do a long one friday as well and try to stay awake on the bus to forest green :old: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Wiggo has a good chance with Millar and Stannard, getting the Manx missile Cavendish across the line for road gold and could get gold with vroom silver in the time trial. Fabian Spartacus Cancellera and Tony Martens are the only opposition.surely if successful he will be no1 choice . Mo Farrah could get a shout as well

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:57 am

I think Wiggins deserves it but on the basis that british sport has been rubbish this year. I dont think winning the TDF is anything special. For the last 90+ years someone who's not British has won it. Therefore its quite a common occurrence.

I would though however give it to Wiggins this year on the basis of sportsmanship. When he stopped the race for the crash to make sure everything was ok, that takes a good person and proper respect for your fellow man. That is why I would give it to him, not winning the TDF, but sportsmanship.

You rarely see it in other sports and thats quite sad. Chisora and Haye have made a mockery of British boxing, Khan has too by running his gums then getting KO'd.

If Wiggins by some miracle dont get it then it should go to Farah. What Froome did was great but thats the way cycling works. He'll get his shot next year and had he just went as a lone ranger this year and lost he would have lost the backing from Team Sky most likely for next year scuppering his chances. The only reason Froome waited was because he knew he'd get his shot at the YJ.