Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mayweather V Pacquiao

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:55 pm

I think we all accept that this fight will not happen now.
Both fighters have passed their prime days and have avoided each other.

So here's my predictions for two fights
1st just after PAC defeated Cotto

PAC is aggressive as usual and becomes the first man legitimately floor Mayweather and floyds hurt.
However Floyds recovery and outstanding defensive display proves to much and he counter punches his way to a split decision over 12.

And for a match made today

Mayweather gets caught in first and he is hurt badly,
Manny goes in hell for leather looking for a stunning stoppage and is caught flush with a crisp check hook effectively ending the fight in the 3rd round.

Re: Mayweather V Pacquiao

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Mayweather is on a different level even from Pacquiao. pacquiao is-has been a great fighter, but me personally think they could have met anytime during there careers and mayweather would have come out ontop quite comfortably. There's just no answer to that shoulder roll type defence of his. And then he has that lighting quick punch like sugar ray leonard. Mayweather is certainly the best boxer I've seen in my time.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Just watched Broner v Esubedo from last night and it's clear to see who Adrien Broner adopts the style of,I've only ever seen Floyd in real trouble and that was when he faught Jose Luis Castillo.
But after that he has destroyed everyone he's faced.
The shoulder roll has as you say Mo "No answer"

My Fav fighter in my generation has been Marco Antonio Barrera
However I don't think I've seen a more complete boxer than Floyd since Sugar Ray.

Could you imagine (in their primes) Leonard V Mayweather.. :shock:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:39 am

Agree with you mayweather would beat pacman 99 out of 100 his defence and counter punching speed are unbelievable,and to think khan was trying to get a crack at him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:28 am

Mayweather is different class to any other active boxer on the planet right now. He's a hall of fame legend. Pacquiao is too but he's not as good IMO. No one else is to be fair. The Klitscko's have dominated a poor division since Lewis left. I know they can only fight whats put in front of them but its been a bunch of bums, not proper fighters of the day.

Bradley vs Floyd is what i see soon.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:45 am

Have to agree. Money Mayweather for me too.

Agree about barrera too. Loved the feller. Stereotypical Your f*cking having it mate Mexican.

Then he boxed hameds head off :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:48 am

PAC is way overated in this country

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:50 am

I couldn't care less about this fight.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:41 pm

CP76 wrote:PAC is way overated in this country

He isn't overrated mate...

For his size you do not accomplish what he has and be dubbed overated.

He was a one dimensional slugger who under the guidance of Freddie Roach has become a illegitimate champion and pound for pound world class operator at several different weight classes.

Manny Is Class,make no doubt about it...

However Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest fighters of all time who uptil now has not faced an opponent who could better him.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:58 pm

aj1927 wrote:

He was a one dimensional slugger who under the guidance of Freddie Roach has become a illegitimate champion and pound for pound world class operator at several different weight classes.

However Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest fighters of all time who uptil now has not faced an opponent who could better him.

Yes he is class but hes not one of the greatest of all time which is what a lot of people think.

They seen him KO (A very good KO!) an average fighter in Ricky Hatton and have given him god like status.

He got beaten in his last fight, and the fight before was on the right end of one of the most shocking decisions ever.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:44 pm

CP76 wrote:
aj1927 wrote:

Yes he is class but hes not one of the greatest of all time which is what a lot of people think.

They seen him KO (A very good KO!) an average fighter in Ricky Hatton and have given him god like status.

He got beaten in his last fight, and the fight before was on the right end of one of the most shocking decisions ever.

I'll give you the Hatton jibe but what about Cotto?
Excellent fighter on his day and when he faced PAC he was in good condition , frame of mind and looked really up for the fight.

Manny dismantled him.

The Bradley result was a farce, but no worse than the decision in the Juanma fight previously.

I have watched Manny and his brother bobby through alot of their career and I do not base my decision on a single fight.
He is one of the best fighters I've ever seen and will be a hall of famer.

In my honest opinion.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:54 pm

aj1927 wrote:Just watched Broner v Esubedo from last night and it's clear to see who Adrien Broner adopts the style of,I've only ever seen Floyd in real trouble and that was when he faught Jose Luis Castillo.
But after that he has destroyed everyone he's faced.
The shoulder roll has as you say Mo "No answer"

My Fav fighter in my generation has been Marco Antonio Barrera
However I don't think I've seen a more complete boxer than Floyd since Sugar Ray.

Could you imagine (in their primes) Leonard V Mayweather.. :shock:

If only mate, if only! Along with fraser vs tyson, mayweather vs leonard would be the 2 fights I'd chose if it was possible to match up boxers from different eras :ayatollah: