Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Etihad Stadium

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Anyone been there for a tour? Went there today for a look round Eastlands and the club shop and booked a tour for tomorrow while I was there, looks very impressive. :ayatollah:

Re: Etihad Stadium

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Not been to the Etihad but I did have a tour round the Emirates once, was very impressed by the facilities.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Aramore wrote:Not been to the Etihad but I did have a tour round the Emirates once, was very impressed by the facilities.

The Emirates is fantastic. Wherever you are in the stadium, you feel close to the pitch.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Went on a tour of the Etihad and Old Trafford a couple of years ago (when the Etihad was the City of Manchester Stadium). Really nice and I assume they've made it even better as they were doing quite a lot of construction whilst I was there. For memory I didn't pay much to go on tour and it was great value for money, much better than the old trafford tour.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:11 pm

I did Old Trafford a few years back and it was amazing. Mainly because of the size of the place and the trophy room. Eithad is one I'd like to do in a few years after they've won more inevitable silverware and the ground is bigger. Hopefully the CCS will be able to compare one day :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 pm

rememeber going there for an oasis gig about 7 yrs ago. Was more like wastelands than eastlands around the stadium, rough as a"seholes!

Stadium inside was nowt special, not gone inside the stadium though. My local stadium is kaiserslautern, very impressive inside and out. Love the fact we still have terrace here aswell!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Been to Camp Nou a few times, have to do the tour every time. Love the place. They have a pub about 800m from the ground that does a pint for 1.50. Went and watched them smash Valencia in Feb, Messi got 4 in a 5-1 win!