Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: joe allen, how to make a little talent go a long way.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:09 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Gary Speed said he's the best player he's ever worked with... That includes Ramsey, Bellamy and bale.

Also 4 goals in his debut premier league season isn't bad for someone who only passes backwards, didn't he also score against us? :?

Some people astound me.

He said he is ONE of the best players so I doubt it makes him better than those lot. He is good player and good enough for Liverpool but not at those prices but this is modern football

He said THE best player, I still have the match on sky plus.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:11 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Gary Speed said he's the best player he's ever worked with... That includes Ramsey, Bellamy and bale.

Also 4 goals in his debut premier league season isn't bad for someone who only passes backwards, didn't he also score against us? :?

Some people astound me.

He said he is ONE of the best players so I doubt it makes him better than those lot. He is good player and good enough for Liverpool but not at those prices but this is modern football

He said THE best player, I still have the match on sky plus.

I thought it was savage saying what Speed said :?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 pm

You thought correct. Who is saying different?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

IncrediblyIntelligentJack wrote:The bitterness on this thread tells a thousand stories. Apart from the one or two level headed cardiff city fans on this thread the rest are extremely jealous, bitter, deluded fools. If we put a run of wins together at the beginning of the season i can see a few of them slashing there wrists :lol:

I think joe allen is a quality player myself and as for the 15 million price tag thats up to the scousers.
15 million might seem a lot but you wont get a replacement of his quality for bladders

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Went to school with Joe and to be fair, he used to pass forwards in those days :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:22 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
xajax wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Deluded, the lot of them. Some of them genuinely think they're the 'Barcelona of the Premier League'. They think they've become massive since they got promoted.

We're "deluded", and you're bitter. Get it straight its not us who have put a £15 million price tag on him, its other clubs, it seems, who are willing to pay that amount. You wouldn't expect us to ask for less would you?

You had a diamond in Adam Matthews but lost him on a free transfer, because he was treated terribly by DJ, and that cost you six or seven million. There was a similar situation with Joe Ledley.

Its quite simple, whether its a house, a car, a football club, or a football player, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay to own them, in Joe's case thats reported to be £15 million. Time will tell.

that is an excellent and very true post
these anti-allen threads are making us lot sound bitter

Only a few are bitter, most of you are above that, and even if it hurts, its best to say nothing.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:49 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Some people astound me.

so do you think he's worth £15m?

In modern English football then absolutely. Joe Allen scored as many goals in his one premier league season as Jordan Henderson could manage in 4 seasons. Not to mention more assists and better pass completion %..... He went for £20m[/quo
Sorry to correct you but henderson was 16 mil plus add ons.

If you want to start compering, heres a few of gerrards midfeild partners ,}}

Paul ince
Xabi alonso
Masscerano
Lucas
Gasgoine
Lampard

As little joey is primed to be gerrards next muse at liverpool , is there anyone on here who thinks little joey can hold a candle to any of the above players?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 pm

jama wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Some people astound me.

In modern English football then absolutely. Joe Allen scored as many goals in his one premier league season as Jordan Henderson could manage in 4 seasons. Not to mention more assists and better pass completion %..... He went for £20m[/quo

Paul ince
Xabi alonso
Masscerano
Lucas
Gasgoine
Lampard

As little joey is primed to be gerrards next muse at liverpool , is there anyone on here who thinks little joey can hold a candle to any of the above players?

But if you were to buy any of them at 22 years of age in today's market then they would be well above £15m. The point makes little sense really.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:07 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
jama wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Some people astound me.

Paul ince
Xabi alonso
Masscerano
Lucas
Gasgoine
Lampard

But if you were to buy any of them at 22 years of age in today's market then they would be well above £15m. The point makes little sense really.

You'r the one who compered players fees. So here you go}

Alonso cost 8mil for one

Compere it to allen.

I notice you didnt answer the above question, so go on, as its sunny i'll give you another go

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:19 pm

jama wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
jama wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Some people astound me.

Paul ince
Xabi alonso
Masscerano
Lucas
Gasgoine
Lampard

You'r the one who compered players fees. So here you go}

Alonso cost 8mil for one

Compere it to allen.

I notice you didnt answer the above question, so go on, as its sunny i'll give you another go

Which part of.. At 22 years of age and today's market didnt you understand?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:24 pm

xajax wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Deluded, the lot of them. Some of them genuinely think they're the 'Barcelona of the Premier League'. They think they've become massive since they got promoted.

We're "deluded", and you're bitter. Get it straight its not us who have put a £15 million price tag on him, its other clubs, it seems, who are willing to pay that amount. You wouldn't expect us to ask for less would you?

You had a diamond in Adam Matthews but lost him on a free transfer, because he was treated terribly by DJ, and that cost you six or seven million. There was a similar situation with Joe Ledley.

Its quite simple, whether its a house, a car, a football club, or a football player, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay to own them, in Joe's case thats reported to be £15 million. Time will tell.

Very true. Letting Ledley and Matthews go for nothing was imo opinion criminal, we lost close to £10million on those two players alone. So why we are complaining about Allen going for £15million is beyond me, good luck to all involved. Yes it sounds an inflated price but if liverpool want to pay it so be it..... let's get our own house in order before slagging off other teams and players.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:43 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:
xajax wrote:

Very true. Letting Ledley and Matthews go for nothing was imo opinion criminal, we lost close to £10million on those two players alone. So why we are complaining about Allen going for £15million is beyond me, good luck to all involved. Yes it sounds an inflated price but if liverpool want to pay it so be it..... let's get our own house in order before slagging off other teams and players.

Of course its not true Its bollocks.
Eg If city signed josh low today for 15mil do you honestly think people on here would say "oh if thats what the club offered thats up to them laa blaa blaa.'

They'd be murder.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:46 pm

jama wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Some people astound me.

Paul ince
Xabi alonso
Masscerano
Lucas
Gasgoine
Lampard

are you really as stupid as you come across or are you just pretending for a wind up :?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:31 pm

waddle wrote:
jama wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Some people astound me.

Paul ince
Xabi alonso
Masscerano
Lucas
Gasgoine
Lampard

are you really as stupid as you come across or are you just pretending for a wind up :?

How do rate him? Is he as good as say young brazilian boy ramírez for chelsea? Or do you think he's worth what man u paid wigan for valencia?

Are you happy with 15mil? Because if i was you i'd be f*cking estatic.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Roath tragic. I know he's 22 . How much do you think he's going to improve? He'll still be shit when he's 32.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:07 pm

jama wrote:Roath tragic. I know he's 22 . How much do you think he's going to improve? He'll still be shit when he's 32.

Good god you really are that stupid :shock:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:24 pm

waddle wrote:
jama wrote:Roath tragic. I know he's 22 . How much do you think he's going to improve? He'll still be shit when he's 32.

Good god you really are that stupid :shock:[/
quote]

I'll take that as a compliment coming from a plum like you.

Stay in the shade, drink plenty of fluids, put on sunscreen.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:50 pm

waddle wrote:

Good god you really are that stupid :shock:

Now, now, he knows more that the likes of Rodgers, Speed, Savage, and most of his fellow bluebirds ETC. ;)

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:00 pm

xajax wrote:

I'm not bitter at all, just telling the truth.
Andy Carroll was bought for £35m and anyone can tell you that he wasn't worth that much.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:52 pm

What a way to talk about one of the best Welsh players.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 am

A midfielder that just wins the ball and plays it to feet is what you would call a quality midfielder. Hes not as dynamic or have the flair that Ramsey has but hes a much better player than Ledley.

A very good player, about time Swansea produced a decent talent for the national team instead of just nicking them from Wrexham.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:20 am

Steve Van Halen wrote:A midfielder that just wins the ball and plays it to feet is what you would call a quality midfielder. Hes not as dynamic or have the flair that Ramsey has but hes a much better player than Ledley.

A very good player, about time Swansea produced a decent talent for the national team instead of just nicking them from Wrexham.

I agree that its about time but with the announcement today of a major training complex at Fairwood, Joe could be the start of the conveyor belt, anyone remember the 50's when we produced, Jack Kelsey, John Charles, Mel Charles, Ivor Allchurch, Len Allchurch, Terry Medwin, Cliffy Jones, Mel Nurse, Roy Paul, Ray Daniel, Trevor Ford, Herbie Williams

Many of the above made up Wales 1958 world cup team.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:24 am

jama wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
xajax wrote:

Of course its not true Its bollocks.
Eg If city signed josh low today for 15mil do you honestly think people on here would say "oh if thats what the club offered thats up to them laa blaa blaa.'

They'd be murder.

Well I don't care about liverpool or swansea, two teams I love seeing struggling, however I do care about is city so I can't understand why city fans have a problem with liverpool paying 15million for allen, yes it's too much as was the outrageous sum paid by liverppool for carrol. We should though be more concerned about our previous manager and chairman burning money by letting ledley and matthews PLUS burke and jay go for nothing..... as a city fan that makes my blood boil - not what liverpool pay swansea for allen.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:36 am

He's an outstanding player, a little reckless at times but some of you who think he's not any good should stop watching the game, if Modric is worth 40 :D then he's worth 15.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:46 am

tizer wrote:He's an outstanding player, a little reckless at times but some of you who think he's not any good should stop watching the game, if Modric is worth 40 :D then he's worth 15.

He's definitely not worth 15 million. Swansea just know that someone like Liverpool are dull enough to pay it.

He's a good player but dont get carried away.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:55 am

bleed_blue wrote:
tizer wrote:He's an outstanding player, a little reckless at times but some of you who think he's not any good should stop watching the game, if Modric is worth 40 :D then he's worth 15.

He's definitely not worth 15 million. Swansea just know that someone like Liverpool are dull enough to pay it.

Who's getting carried away, you guys keep saying he's not worth £15m, you may well be right but if Liverpool want him, then £15m is what its going to cost them, You keep forgetting, we don't have to sell, in fact, as said by many, its a win win situation.

I still think Man U will come in at the last minute and gazump Liverpool.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:59 am

Birchgrove wrote:
bleed_blue wrote:

Who's getting carried away, you guys keep saying he's not worth £15m, you may well be right but if Liverpool want him, then £15m is what its going to cost them, You keep forgetting, we don't have to sell, in fact, as said by many, its a win win situation.

No way Man u will come in for him. Their in enough debt as it is their not going to fork out 15 million for someone who will be nothing more than a prospect in the united squad.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 am

bleed_blue wrote:
Birchgrove wrote:
bleed_blue wrote:

No way Man u will come in for him. Their in enough debt as it is their not going to fork out 15 million for someone who will be nothing more than a prospect in the united squad.

I can feel the bitterness ;)

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Lemons , now they can be bitter

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Birchgrove wrote:
bleed_blue wrote:

Fair play jack. Your last sentance is comedy gold.