Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

joe allen, how to make a little talent go a long way.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Run round like a demented idiot. Soon as you get the ball pass it 10 yards backwards to a team mate. Run round like a demented idiot again. Repeat for 90 minuets whilst trying to not go outside your own half.

This will make liverpool offer 15mil for you, brain dead jacks think you'r like xavi, whilst opounents look on bemused wondering " what the f**k is that little jack doing."

Re: joe allen, how to make a little talent go a long way.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Deluded, the lot of them. Some of them genuinely think they're the 'Barcelona of the Premier League'. They think they've become massive since they got promoted.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:36 pm

jama wrote:Run round like a demented idiot. Soon as you get the ball pass it 10 yards backwards to a team mate. Run round like a demented idiot again. Repeat for 90 minuets whilst trying to not go outside your own half.

This will make liverpool offer 15mil for you, brain dead jacks think you'r like xavi, whilst opounents look on bemused wondering " what the f**k is that little jack doing."

Think thats unfair the lad has got talent

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:38 pm

a good player but a few jacks i know reckon he is as good as aaron ramsey. :lol:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:49 pm

While I think most the Swansea squad are massively overrated and will be caught out this season I like Allen.
I dont think he is as good as Rambo but looking forward to them linking up for Wales with a holding player behind them.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:53 pm

He's a overated little jack prick.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:09 pm

My mate who's a jack fan, went to liberty stadium sat night I think it was, paid £100 a ticket for an evening there, there was players and staff mingling with fans, and one of the coaches was talking to my mate, I'm sure he said he's a scouser or used to play for Liverpool, well anyway he said that Liverpool have bid £15 million for Allen and if it was up to him he'd snap their hand off for it. Coz he's knowhere near worth that,, this is what he told me this afternoon

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:22 pm

it seems that the Jacks can make money just as quick as we can lose it ;)

free council ground, prem money, transfer fees for managers and players

and what do we have.....

a cloud of mistrust and still in debt. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Good player but not worth £15m. Madness when you think we sold Ramsey for £5m that is nothing in today's market when you see players like Wickham and Oxlade-Chamberlain going from the lower leagues for massive fees.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Robbie savage said the other night on MOTD when they were comparing allen and ramsey "before gary (speed) died he told me allen was one of the best players he had ever worked with" can't be that overated then, you are just blinkered as he is a jack I think ramsay is top class and hope the pair of them are at the centre of wales midfield for a long time to come.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 am

BadaBing wrote:Robbie savage said the other night on MOTD when they were comparing allen and ramsey "before gary (speed) died he told me allen was one of the best players he had ever worked with" can't be that overated then, you are just blinkered as he is a jack I think ramsay is top class and hope the pair of them are at the centre of wales midfield for a long time to come.

Don't often agree with a Jack and although i think Allen is over priced at 15M :o you are worth whatever a club (Liverpool) are stupid enough to pay for you but i hope both Allen & Ramsey progress and become a regular feature in the Welsh midfield with Bellamy & Bale playing wide that looks quite tastey :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:52 am

JonCCFC wrote:Deluded, the lot of them. Some of them genuinely think they're the 'Barcelona of the Premier League'. They think they've become massive since they got promoted.

We're "deluded", and you're bitter. Get it straight its not us who have put a £15 million price tag on him, its other clubs, it seems, who are willing to pay that amount. You wouldn't expect us to ask for less would you?

You had a diamond in Adam Matthews but lost him on a free transfer, because he was treated terribly by DJ, and that cost you six or seven million. There was a similar situation with Joe Ledley.

Its quite simple, whether its a house, a car, a football club, or a football player, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay to own them, in Joe's case thats reported to be £15 million. Time will tell.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:59 am

The price is £15m, if anyone doesn't want to pay that we are more than comfortable with Joe staying put, win win

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:00 am

xajax wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Deluded, the lot of them. Some of them genuinely think they're the 'Barcelona of the Premier League'. They think they've become massive since they got promoted.

We're "deluded", and you're bitter. Get it straight its not us who have put a £15 million price tag on him, its other clubs, it seems, who are willing to pay that amount. You wouldn't expect us to ask for less would you?

You had a diamond in Adam Matthews but lost him on a free transfer, because he was treated terribly by DJ, and that cost you six or seven million. There was a similar situation with Joe Ledley.

Its quite simple, whether its a house, a car, a football club, or a football player, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay to own them, in Joe's case thats reported to be £15 million. Time will tell.

that is an excellent and very true post
these anti-allen threads are making us lot sound bitter

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:20 am

The bitterness on this thread tells a thousand stories. Apart from the one or two level headed cardiff city fans on this thread the rest are extremely jealous, bitter, deluded fools. If we put a run of wins together at the beginning of the season i can see a few of them slashing there wrists :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 am

IncrediblyIntelligentJack wrote:The bitterness on this thread tells a thousand stories. Apart from the one or two level headed cardiff city fans on this thread the rest are extremely jealous, bitter, deluded fools. If we put a run of wins together at the beginning of the season i can see a few of them slashing there wrists :lol:

dont think so pal. we hate you because your a horrible lot, but we certainly aint bitter.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:56 am

IncrediblyIntelligentJack wrote:The bitterness on this thread tells a thousand stories. Apart from the one or two level headed cardiff city fans on this thread the rest are extremely jealous, bitter, deluded fools. If we put a run of wins together at the beginning of the season i can see a few of them slashing there wrists :lol:

IncrediblyStupidJackBastard, you've got an extreme case of obsession, go see your local doctor or aren't you allowed out of the gypsy camp? You're showing your bitterness by just being on our board :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:06 am

murphy wrote:

dont think so pal. we hate you because your a horrible lot, but we certainly aint bitter.

You're devastated at our success, it gives most of you sleepless nights. You beat your wives and husbands when match of the day comes on, on a Saturday/Sunday night.

Those claims years ago about how we would never play you again, well i think you could be right there.

Another season where you think you'll go up only to be laughed at beckons only this time you'll have sold your souls and be playing in Red :lol: ...Yes Red :lol: You are the laughing stock of football, your only saving grace is not many people in the world have heard of you :mrgreen:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:10 am

IncrediblyIntelligentJack wrote:
murphy wrote:

You're devastated at our success, it gives most of you sleepless nights. You beat your wives and husbands when match of the day comes on, on a Saturday/Sunday night.

Those claims years ago about how we would never play you again, well i think you could be right there.

Another season where you think you'll go up only to be laughed at beckons only this time you'll have sold your souls and be playing in Red :lol: ...Yes Red :lol: You are the laughing stock of football, your only saving grace is not many people in the world have heard of you :mrgreen:

:shock: Mateo, enjoy it while you can, not long ago you nearly went out of business, it can happen again ;)

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:21 am

IncrediblyIntelligentJack wrote:
murphy wrote:

This post is the definition of delusional :lol: Bitter that we're the biggest club in Wales and the Capital of Wales, jealousy is cute :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:28 am

Gary Speed said he's the best player he's ever worked with... That includes Ramsey, Bellamy and bale.

Also 4 goals in his debut premier league season isn't bad for someone who only passes backwards, didn't he also score against us? :?

Some people astound me.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:30 am

RoathMagic wrote:Gary Speed said he's the best player he's ever worked with... That includes Ramsey, Bellamy and bale.

Also 4 goals in his debut premier league season isn't bad for someone who only passes backwards, didn't he also score against us? :?

Some people astound me.

so do you think he's worth £15m?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:35 am

JonCCFC wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Gary Speed said he's the best player he's ever worked with... That includes Ramsey, Bellamy and bale.

Some people astound me.

In modern English football then absolutely. Joe Allen scored as many goals in his one premier league season as Jordan Henderson could manage in 4 seasons. Not to mention more assists and better pass completion %..... He went for £20m

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:42 am

RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Some people astound me.

In modern English football then absolutely. Joe Allen scored as many goals in his one premier league season as Jordan Henderson could manage in 4 seasons. Not to mention more assists and better pass completion %..... He went for £20m

Pass completion means nothing when it comes to Swansea, just because of their style of football. Liverpool spend too much money on players who are worth no where near how much they buy them for.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:52 am

JonCCFC wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Some people astound me.

Pass completion means nothing when it comes to Swansea, just because of their style of football. Liverpool spend too much money on players who are worth no where near how much they buy them for.

But that's who are buying him. The premier league has a massively over inflated market for British players because of the home grown rule. That's whynthelikes of downing go for £20m and unproven players like chamberlain and Rodriguez all go for close to or around £10m and they were both in the championship.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:36 pm

And, as said, the price is £15m, no one has to pay it, but we don't need the money so I can't see us dropping our price, if in the end Liverpool think its a bit rich for us and we keep Joe then its good news for Swansea City.

Have a sneaky suspicion Man U are lurking, Joe is similar to Scholes but 15 years younger.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:48 pm

xajax wrote:
JonCCFC wrote: You had a diamond in Adam Matthews but lost him on a free transfer, because he was treated terribly by DJ, and that cost you six or seven million.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Adam Matthews was massively overated, a very poor defender, not bad going forward but 7 million. :lol:

But hey its too easy to blame Jones. Not the fact that when Matthews got dropped because the game were Jones did have a pop at the defence Matthews was absolutely shocking.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:58 pm

CP76 wrote:
xajax wrote:
JonCCFC wrote: You had a diamond in Adam Matthews but lost him on a free transfer, because he was treated terribly by DJ, and that cost you six or seven million.

Adam Matthews was massively overated, a very poor defender, not bad going forward but 7 million. :lol:

But hey its too easy to blame Jones. Not the fact that when Matthews got dropped because the game were Jones did have a pop at the defence Matthews was absolutely shocking.

From what I remember, he singled out Matthews, who may well have been shocking but you don't do that to an 18 years old... or do you?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Some people astound me.

He said he is ONE of the best players so I doubt it makes him better than those lot. He is good player and good enough for Liverpool but not at those prices but this is modern football

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Birchgrove wrote:
CP76 wrote:
xajax wrote:

From what I remember, he singled out Matthews, who may well have been shocking but you don't do that to an 18 years old... or do you?

Why not? Footballs a tough business. Matthews was a big time Charlie who had started to believe his own hype but his performances were not backing it up. So Jonesy took him back down a peg or two, big deal.