Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Cardiff City - The Season Ahead "

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:06 pm

If you guys could check out my article previewing the season ahead for Cardiff, it's mainly an analysis of the squad, strengths and weaknesses etc. that would be great, cheers :D

http://www.football-lad.com/cardiff-cit ... son-ahead/

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City - The Season Ahead

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:26 pm

All in all mate i think you have put a fair assesment together.
I can't really argue any of your star ratings without nitpicking so credit to you.
Well done.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Jes wrote:All in all mate i think you have put a fair assesment together.
I can't really argue any of your star ratings without nitpicking so credit to you.
Well done.

Thanks for the comments, tried to be as fair as I can in ratings although some players it's difficult :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Peter Schmeichel?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Snaag wrote:Peter Schmeichel?

Good spot thanks, surprised with the amount of times me/others read it that it wasn't picked up. Did you like/agree with the article then, any comments appreciated :)

Re: " Cardiff City - The Season Ahead "

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Good read and fair assessments :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:15 pm

that was a good read well done and a very good judgement :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Daniel M wrote:If you guys could check out my article previewing the season ahead for Cardiff, it's mainly an analysis of the squad, strengths and weaknesses etc. that would be great, cheers :D

excellent read :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:06 am

well written dan, enjoyed it

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 am

Daniel M wrote:If you guys could check out my article previewing the season ahead for Cardiff, it's mainly an analysis of the squad, strengths and weaknesses etc. that would be great, cheers :D

Yeah i think it's excellently written and definitely a fair and accurate assessment of the players and club :ayatollah:

I especially agree with what you've written about McNaughton, Conway and Hudson, i can't understand the people who've been criticising McNaughton for one not-so-great season when he's had about 6 great ones before that! His poor distrbution doesn't disguise the fact that he's the best defender in the Championship :ayatollah:

Can't really find anything to criticise about it at all, although i would have given Gunnarsson 4 star definitely and Whittingham 5 star as kind of like our star player :D ;)

But yeah great read mate, i'd recommend it :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:59 am

Very good read and a fair assessment of our squad well done :old: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:52 am

Well writen mate, agree with most of the ratings! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Well firstly it is a well written piece by you Daniel :D

On topic, i have to say i think the squad is taking shape, its quite clear Cardiff need reinforcements in numerous places, however once one side starts making moves many others follow suits. Also looking at Leeds, the early bird does not also catch the worm, they hade some poor signings, where as i feel Cardiff may have been slow in the market, but they have been superb and made some very key additions.