Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Disgrace for our country

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Read today about a Fijian soldier who has fought for this country in Afganhistan and Iraq for over 15 years Our country was prepared for him to risk his life but have told him he must leave the country by August. Yet we allow all sorts into the country and let them stay. I love this country but sometimes our laws and politicians are just disgraceful

Re: A Disgrace for our country

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:16 pm

This country is shit mate,and the torys make it worse :evil:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:19 pm

earnieblue wrote:This country is shit mate,and the torys make it worse :evil:

This is not just a Tory thing thou Think even Labour did the same with others all a bunch of twits on this aspect

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:20 pm

At least put all the info out.

He is a convicted criminal and a foreign national and has been treated as such

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:23 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:At least put all the info out.

He is a convicted criminal and a foreign national and has been treated as such

Well did not read that and if so then fully agree and I suppose end of thread

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:31 pm

But isnt he married to a girl from the UK? Surely that makes him a citizen? Even if he was prosecuted he has fought for our country and deserves to be punished appropriatly but not have to be deported away from his family and the life he has here

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Erm....

The lad had served for 15 years.

He had a fight with a colleague after returning from Afghanistan, lost
his rag in a fight lasting seconds. The other feller lost a filling.

The border agency class that as a 'criminal offence'....

and off he goes.

Only right, we can house a few illegals in his old gaff... people who would sooner
blow this county up and will never ever contribute to our society cos their only
here to TAKE

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:40 pm

He doesnt deserve special treatment just because he served in the army.

Taffy, i agree with ur point about housing illegals but thats a different matter. 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Do i think he deserves deportation, NO....i do not however make the rules.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:43 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:He doesnt deserve special treatment just because he served in the army.

Taffy, i agree with ur point about housing illegals but thats a different matter. 2 wrongs do not make a right.

I think him serving in the BRITISH army and fighting for our country gives him enough right to live in this country more than others. The whole point of this thread is to again highlight the stupid rules for deportation

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:43 pm

I've never regarded myself as British and I'm not intending to open the debate on that but I do believe that the moment you put your countries uniform on and go into battle, risking your life, you should be granted automatic nationality.

I appreciate that the said gentleman may have committed an offence. If he has then he should be treated as a UK citizen. I have never gone into battle for my country and, in some respects, that makes him better than me

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:55 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:He doesnt deserve special treatment just because he served in the army.

I disagree.

There are millions here now that dont give a f**k for the country they are living in
and are just here to bleed it dry, many illegally.

This guy entered legally, joined our Military, fought for our country...

To me that should give him automatic citizenship

our country is a f*cking embarrassment

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 pm

discusting if you ask me. Shame the powers that be aint so stricked on all the illegal immigrants strolling into this country who offer fukall but take. The bloke serves 15years in the name of this country. Makes one mistake (not a sex crime or anything serious like that) but a stupid fight you wouldn't even bat an eyelid over usually, and gets booted out. That's the thanks he gets. Fuking joke.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Two hundred and fifty foreign criminals who should have been deported at the end of their prison sentences were allowed to stay in Britain on human rights grounds last year without their claims being challenged in court.

In each case, the Home Office accepted their argument that deporting them would breach their human rights rather than asking a judge to decide. The number has increased fivefold in four years, throwing into doubt the commitment of Theresa May, the Home Secretary, to deporting foreign criminals.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:32 pm

They tried to deny citizenship to a load of Gurkhas too. Luckily a campaign helped them out.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:38 pm

one terrorist
eight murderers
twelve rapists
twenty robbers
sixty odd other criminals
What have they all in common? I'll tell you they are not being deported because it would infringe their human rights, all because the border agency decided to let them stay and they try and throw out this ex soldier border agency ? pricks the lot of them!

Also the figures are 800 did not get deported after coming out of prison over the last 5 years

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:41 pm

earnieblue wrote:This country is shit mate,and the torys make it worse :evil:

That's right, but do you honestly believe that Labour or an all-LibDem government wouldn't f**k things up as badly as Conservative do? It's about time Britons tell the three main parties where to stick it.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I've never regarded myself as British and I'm not intending to open the debate on that but I do believe that the moment you put your countries uniform on and go into battle, risking your life, you should be granted automatic nationality.

I appreciate that the said gentleman may have committed an offence. If he has then he should be treated as a UK citizen. I have never gone into battle for my country and, in some respects, that makes him better than me

Good post.