Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

teams you support!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 am

an eclectic mixture! cardiff city! new york knicks , new york islanders, was a a hartford whalers fan till they went tits up!
chicago white sox! and the mighty san francisco 49ers! 31 years and counting! we are gonna kick some serious ass this year!

Re: teams you support!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:25 am

I support Cardiff City and follow Dortmund in Europe. Like their youth setup think its what britain should adopt. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:29 am

RedBluebird wrote:I support Cardiff City and follow Dortmund in Europe. Like their youth setup think its what britain should adopt. :ayatollah:

Out of interest, can you elaborate on Dortmund's youth set up?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:40 am

who are D0rtmund??? Luedenscheid-North you mean... ;)

always followed Schalke and actively supported my local team Offenbach. as I used to do groundhopping too, I have a couple of teams I look out for, but no comparison to the City...

in icehockey its the Montreal Canadiens

Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:37 pm

My second love after football is American Football. Love the game. I'm a big Green Bay Packers fan, hoping to go see a game in Nov/Dec. don't follow basketball as much but do look out for Milwaukee Bucks scores, along with baseball, I follow Milwaukee Brewers (My brother lives in Mikwaukee btw so that's the link)

Since being in Australia for the past couple of months Iv not really picked up a football team but watch loads of Rugby League and been following Brisbane Broncos. I just can't get into Aussie rules, just reminds me of a bunch of school kids chasing a football around in the school yard.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:41 pm

cardiff and pontyclun here. olympiakos and hercules lardos in greece.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:17 pm

jooshy wrote:cardiff and pontyclun here. olympiakos and hercules lardos in greece.

CARDIFF CITY and whoever is playing the jacks

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:19 pm

I don't really follow another football team. I like teams around europe (Dortmund, Ajax etc) but don't look for their results really.

American Football - Cleveland Browns, Basketball - Chicago Bulls and Baseball - Chicago Cubs.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:29 pm

City and Arsenal. Born in North London, but moved to Cardiff when I was six. Also follow the Seattle Sounders in the MLS.

Away from football, it's got to be the Memphis Grizzlies in the NBA. 8-)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Just Cardiff City and my boys team, Afan Lido FC. Hes in the under 7's at the mo but we both sometimes go to watch the first team together

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Cardiff city the bluebirds :ayatollah: I also follow the royal blues - schalke 04.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 pm

STeve_170 wrote:Just Cardiff City and my boys team, Afan Lido FC. Hes in the under 7's at the mo but we both sometimes go to watch the first team together

my mate from work mark plays up front for the lido.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Cardiff City and Blackburn Rovers. Hated the league cup tie last season and dreading the two league games this season.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:33 pm

jooshy wrote:
STeve_170 wrote:Just Cardiff City and my boys team, Afan Lido FC. Hes in the under 7's at the mo but we both sometimes go to watch the first team together

my mate from work mark plays up front for the lido.

Whos that mate?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:27 pm

mark jones

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Cardiff City and Torquay United.

Up the Gulls!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Uses to go watch the cardiff devils as a kid before they knocked down the ice rink in town and moved them to that tent down the bay! I still watch out for there results though.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Cardiff City will always be NO1 and my club.

But Bury were my Grandfathers and I saw them 7 times before I saw my first Cardiff game in 1972, so I look out for the Shakers. :ayatollah:

Always look out for Merthyr & Bradford's results.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:48 pm

jooshy wrote:mark jones

do you know leon jeanne at all?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Cardiff and Merthyr Town aren't bad. ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Football =Cardiff, Liverpool, Rangers , CF Monterrey (mexico)

American Football = big Green Bay Packers Fan

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Cardiff and Arbroath :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Cardiff City and Falkirk over here but always look out for Ajax and Napoli results too.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Never heared of Forest Green until I saw this seasons pre season fixtures.

I like their sustainable/green approach, as Im a bit of a hippy.

If I enjoy their match against us saturday then I might become a part time fan ;) :ayatollah:

Oh, and City are No1, goes without saying :lol:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:Cardiff city the bluebirds :ayatollah: I also follow the royal blues - schalke 04.

:occasion5:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:40 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:I support Cardiff City and follow Dortmund in Europe. Like their youth setup think its what britain should adopt. :ayatollah:

What do you want me to elaborate on in particular? :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:48 pm

Cardiff City of course :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Spend some time in Italy with work, so watch SS Lazio a bit.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:48 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

What do you want me to elaborate on in particular? :ayatollah:

Well, I've liked their system for years as its always produced quality talent like Eike Immel, Lars Ricken, etc. older players now.

They have an emphasis on mainly German's in their setup and always have done even before the regulations. They now and then take on Turkish or African players but by the time they come through they're eligible for Germany. Very good pro German system.

Thats why they've always produced quality players for Germany at international level. They're training ethos is brilliant but im not going into full detail here as I could write a block wall on the thing.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:52 am

theres nothing special in the Zecken youth setup. its a system all premier clubs have. they do however have a great scouting office, i give em that.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:01 am

Hofmeister wrote:theres nothing special in the Zecken youth setup. its a system all premier clubs have. they do however have a great scouting office, i give em that.

I have been to see their setup. It far surpasses a lot of premier club setups over here.