Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DO U AGREE WITH THIS ? "

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:02 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86926

I def dont, I believe if they had bought in January 2011 and 2012, we would of been promoted.

Even Malky said at the last meeting I went to a few weeks ago, those who spent heavily in January reaped the rewards.
Southampton, Westham and Reading.

Re: " DO U AGREE WITH THIS ? "

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:13 am

Do you honestly think you'll get promoted this season, despite some of the sides that will be fighting for promotion this season?

I don't fancy your chances.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:18 am

IncrediblyIntelligentJack wrote:Do you honestly think you'll get promoted this season, despite some of the sides that will be fighting for promotion this season?

Uve asked for my honest opinion, No I dont think we will, with our current squad, much to small.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:24 am

I think this Year the quality that has joined the league from league 1 and the prem makes it the hardest year to get promoted. I believe we've added good players. But not one stands out as a game changer. I think 10th-6th place finish is about it for us this year. Need about 4 more players and 2 of them need to be game changers. Bellers Will hopefully be one of them.

Not spending in jan hurt us, because the squad was already to small, and it didn't help the atmosphere within the fans as we all expected new signings.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:32 am

What we witnessed on the 3rd & the 7th of May was a City team playing on "empty". Our energy levels were low, & up against a very good West Ham team, who in fairness, should have waltzed the Championship, we were made to look average.

Of course the addition of one or two "key" players last January would have made all the difference, but that's history now,,,,,let hope we learn from it this season, but i'm not holding my breath on that!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:37 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:What we witnessed on the 3rd & the 7th of May was a City team playing on "empty". Our energy levels were low, & up against a very good West Ham team, who in fairness, should have waltzed the Championship, we were made to look average.

Of course the addition of one or two "key" players last January would have made all the difference, but that's history now,,,,,let hope we learn from it this season, but i'm not holding my breath on that!

Spot on Rick.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:38 am

Ramstein blue wrote:I think this Year the quality that has joined the league from league 1 and the prem makes it the hardest year to get promoted. I believe we've added good players. But not one stands out as a game changer. I think 10th-6th place finish is about it for us this year. Need about 4 more players and 2 of them need to be game changers. Bellers Will hopefully be one of them.

Not spending in jan hurt us, because the squad was already to small, and it didn't help the atmosphere within the fans as we all expected new signings.

At the moment I will say 10th finish for us, I said 12th last season and was proved wrong. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:40 am

I disagree with it. We were a side running on empty.

This year I think we'll make playoffs again. :ayatollah: No chance of automatic unless Bellars comes and stays super fit for more games than we expect.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:I think this Year the quality that has joined the league from league 1 and the prem makes it the hardest year to get promoted. I believe we've added good players. But not one stands out as a game changer. I think 10th-6th place finish is about it for us this year. Need about 4 more players and 2 of them need to be game changers. Bellers Will hopefully be one of them.

At the moment I will say 10th finish for us, I said 12th last season and was proved wrong. :ayatollah:

We just don't have a big enough squad this year again. Numbers talk in this league. We have a hard working starting 11 with witts as our class player. Need another 2 class players to keep our team going. Relying on witts is killing him later in the season? Witts best season came with bellers, chops and bothroyd around him (off the top of my head) think he plays better when he doesn't have the burden of having to win games himself.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:53 am

I think top 6 will be Bolton, Blackburn, boro, Brighton, Leeds and hull. No particular order. We're in the mix with derby Leicester, Watford and Blackpool looking to crash the play offs. Mope im hugely wrong and we at least make the play offs and get back to our London home! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:53 am

IncrediblyIntelligentJack wrote:Do you honestly think you'll get promoted this season, despite some of the sides that will be fighting for promotion this season?

I think top six again at the moment. Never bothered about the new teams coming in every year. Every season people think it's going to be hard this year. If you show any consistent form teams do well because everybody beats each other in the championship.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86926

I def dont, I believe if they had bought in January 2011 and 2012, we would of been promoted.

Even Malky said at the last meeting I went to a few weeks ago, those who spent heavily in January reaped the rewards.

Cant say 100% if we would have. Not sure why we didnt bring in a few players in january i wish we had but even if we did we would have only given ourselves a better chance it woudnt have guaranteed anything.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:23 am

Squad as it stands - Mid Table.

1-2 decent players top 10.

3-4 decent players and maybe a few loans and we could make the play offs.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86926

Those teams also bought the right players. We got Liam Lawerence on loan and basically it was a duff signing when you compare it to Jason Roberts going to Reading.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:50 am

Too early to predict yet, with the squad we have now top six ! But who else will come in to strengthen? Which I think Malky's not finished yet ! More quality players will come in.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 am

Reading didn't spend much in January, some freebies and loans but they definitely strengthened and that's what we should have done.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:40 pm

Too early to predict yet, with the squad we have now top six ! But who else will come in to strengthen? Which I think Malky's not finished yet ! More quality players will come in.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:05 pm

bspark wrote:Reading didn't spend much in January, some freebies and loans but they definitely strengthened and that's what we should have done.

That is the exact point I made. Last January it was dead bleeding obvious we needed some width and probably a targetman. I understand we went for Noone and got guzumped by Brighton's Chairman but any good planning would have involved a back up plan.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:21 pm

The malaysians spent well with jones and failed maybe they wanted to see what malky can do before backing him properly?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Uve asked for my honest opinion, No I dont think we will, with our current squad, much to small.

Pointless committing yourself at the moment though Annis.....plenty of time to go in the transfer market. If Malky gets another 4 quality signings it's a completely different picture. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Nobody has mentioned that we bid over a million for Craig Noone, had the
offer accepted... then had their Chairman personally scupper the deal.

Nobody has mentioned the was it three million bid for Sordell where we
got gazzumped by Bolton at the last minute.

So it was not a question of the Club unwilling to spend the money, or of
Malky being backed.. he obviously was.

Had those two come on board we might well be a Premiership side right now.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:36 pm

taffyapple wrote:Nobody has mentioned that we bid over a million for Craig Noone, had the

Also no one's mentioning Middlesbrough. They were comfortably in the top four during January, spent a few million on Lukas Jutciewicz and ended up not even finishing inside the play offs let alone top two. This idea that spending in January is a gurantee of success is miles off. And lets say we did get our two targets. That would have meant five teams had spent money for three promotion spots.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Nobody has mentioned that we bid over a million for Craig Noone, had the

Also no one's mentioning Middlesbrough. They were comfortably in the top four during January, spent a few million on Lukas Jutciewicz and ended up not even finishing inside the play offs let alone top two. This idea that spending in January is a gurantee of success is miles off. And lets say we did get our two targets. That would have meant five teams had spent money for three promotion spots.

JEEESUS!!

imagine if we'd have done that.

Malky's family would have been murdered in their beds and the graves of
his ancestors ransacked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bspark wrote:Reading didn't spend much in January, some freebies and loans but they definitely strengthened and that's what we should have done.

That is the exact point I made. Last January it was dead bleeding obvious we needed some width and probably a targetman. I understand we went for Noone and got guzumped by Brighton's Chairman but any good planning would have involved a back up plan.

Thought that Noone was the back up plan, as we'd already put a bid in for Matty Phillips beforehand, whether that bid was derisory or not!

Brighton strung us along for far too long IMO, which left us with little time to bring in somebody of a similar standard, which is perhaps why Malky then went for Sordell, who's agent then touted him around the Prem! :ayatollah: