Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Stadium modifications and expansions thread

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 am

What is the max capacity we could go up to?

Is there any chance of putting a retractable roof in place?

What else can be done to make this our own home or historic venue?

Also, is it possible to rename it because Cardiff City Stadium just sounds lazy and as if someone hasn't even put any thought into naming it. Those attending meetings should ask for the name to be associated with something from our history.

Lets get creative. What can be done to the stadium? :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City Stadium modifications and expansions thread

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:14 am

RedBluebird wrote:What is the max capacity we could go up to?

Also, is it possible to rename it because Cardiff City Stadium just sounds lazy and as if someone hasn't even put any thought into naming it. Those attending meetings should ask for the name to be associated with something from our history.

why you english build such poor stadium i just look at your on google look like plasticy toy bricks

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 am

Haha, history? Our history has gone down the pan after the rebrand! Nothing remains of our past.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:22 am

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:

Haha, history? Our history has gone down the pan after the rebrand! Nothing remains of our past.

Exactly. Might as well call it The Dragons Lair. :roll:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:24 am

CP76 wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:

Good idea. I'll phone Vince in the morning get the ball rolling. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:28 am

RedBluebird wrote:
CP76 wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:

Good idea. I'll phone Vince in the morning get the ball rolling. :ayatollah:

Just text him now Gwyn

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:37 am

Mr Huang wrote:

why you english build such poor stadium i just look at your on google look like plasticy toy bricks

Why you Siapaneee eat dog !?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:08 am

Mr Huang wrote:

Agree
Championship stadium from B&Q - basic set up for a stadium, you look at the MLS stadiums all of a similar size 25/30k
yet all different and unique to each team a bit like the old days no stadium looked the same

A few changes though the extra tier would make ours alot better - outside looks so cheap a similar stadium like Leicester could learn a few things from them

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:49 am

Tailgunner wrote:Agree
Championship stadium from B&Q - basic set up for a stadium, you look at the MLS stadiums all of a similar size 25/30k
yet all different and unique to each team a bit like the old days no stadium looked the same

A few changes though the extra tier would make ours alot better - outside looks so cheap a similar stadium like Leicester could learn a few things from them

You're totally right, just take a look at New York Red Bulls stadium -

Just over 25,000 but looks hundred times better than our shit ground......

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:56 am

PoOH wrote:
Tailgunner wrote:Agree

You're totally right, just take a look at New York Red Bulls stadium -

Just over 25,000 but looks hundred times better than our shit ground......

yes, but the new york stadium cost over $200 million to build!! ccs 48mil..... theres the difference!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:11 am

I believe Sam Hammam's original design & vision for for the CCS project was one of, & in his words, "the Rolls Royce" of a stadium.

Over the years, due to a tight budget, the original plans were scaled & cut back,,,too what we have today.

Don't forget the original budget was for the build only,,,their was no money for the fit out.

Over to Mr Ridsdale.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:16 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
yes, but the new york stadium cost over $200 million to build!! ccs 48mil..... theres the difference!

I see your point but come on, a bit of imagination and we could've had a more unique stadium.

Even Brightons wipes the floor with ours....

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:10 am

Exactly what I was thinking. Our stadium has no unique feel whatsoever. Its just like any generic modern ground which is quite sad. Look at these stadiums below which are near our capacity plus expansion. All better than our stadiums and most cost less than 60m euros. The Volkswagen Arena one is 10 times better than ours and cost 53m euros and has a capacity of 30,000.

http://www.stades-spectateurs.com/image ... laga-2.jpg - Estadio La Rosaleda

http://blog.webexpedition18.netdna-cdn. ... a-Lviv.jpg - Arena Lviv

http://www.footballzz.com/img/estadios/ ... tadium.jpg - Karaiskakis Stadium

http://theworldcupingermany.com/FiG/wor ... 80x350.jpg - Volkswagen Arena

Our stadium cost £48m (61m euros) and looks a heap of shit compared to that Volkswagen arena. :oops: :oops: :oops:

We paid 8m euros more and have a smaller capacity and it looks crap. :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... eblock.JPG

^ awesome.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:59 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:

???? Where has it gone ??? Explain

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 pm

I love CCS and apart from an expansion I wouldn't change a thing.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:11 pm

Come on guys. You really are being a bit harsh on the CCS.

No doubt it could have been improved with more money, but I think it's pretty neat. It certainly holds up well compared for example to Reading, and our friends down west. Walking form Canton for an evening game, all lit up, it looks fine.

Now, Ninian Park - that was a shit stadium!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Tradition is still there, the Bluebird is in white if I'm correct? In a sea of blue seats and the stadium seats won't be changing colour hopefully.

The Ninian Park gates are still there as you make the way to the ground, the stadium when lit up on a midweek fixture looks brilliant.

It's unique in itself, it may look like Legoland but do other clubs have a stadium with that as an outside?

I agree that it could have had been designed better etc but the stadium was rushed and we only had 50m on a stadium like that, Brighton's cost about 100m if I'm correct? With a wealthy business man.

With an expansion it would look a lot better, we need a second tier on the Ninian Stand and if the club progress to an either further level, the Canton and Family Stand would need it too, with a second tier the stadium would look a lot better

The re-naming of bars would help it feel more of a home and the iconic images and the suggestions fans have suggested on the survey will go a long way on helping the stadium become more of a home to us :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Quick note on expansion, if its expanded will they removed the roof on top of the stadium and build up? If so, our stadium will look amazing just like building up with lego blocks. :lol:

Im trying to picture how the expansion would be implemented.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djleekee/5 ... /lightbox/

Just my opinion but i think it'd look much nicer if more of the panels lit up blue so it was a glowing blue stadium. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Tradition is still there, the Bluebird is in white if I'm correct? In a sea of blue seats and the stadium seats won't be changing colour hopefully.

The Ninian Park gates are still there as you make the way to the ground, the stadium when lit up on a midweek fixture looks brilliant.

It's unique in itself, it may look like Legoland but do other clubs have a stadium with that as an outside?

I agree that it could have had been designed better etc but the stadium was rushed and we only had 50m on a stadium like that, Brighton's cost about 100m if I'm correct? With a wealthy business man.

With an expansion it would look a lot better, we need a second tier on the Ninian Stand and if the club progress to an either further level, the Canton and Family Stand would need it too, with a second tier the stadium would look a lot better

The re-naming of bars would help it feel more of a home and the iconic images and the suggestions fans have suggested on the survey will go a long way on helping the stadium become more of a home to us :ayatollah:

Good points. Nice to get an opinion rather than abuse on this forum for a change. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Mr Huang wrote:

Mr huang , why you no go hold cock in right hand because you are w@&£er, and we no English you little all American boy.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:17 pm

Mr Huang wrote:

WE are NOT ! english , we are Welsh ! and it may have been an english firm who did build it I'm not really sure.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:21 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
http://theworldcupingermany.com/FiG/wor ... 80x350.jpg - Volkswagen Arena

Our stadium cost £48m (61m euros) and looks a heap of shit compared to that Volkswagen arena. :oops: :oops: :oops:

We paid 8m euros more and have a smaller capacity and it looks crap. :oops: :oops: :oops:

^ awesome.

I do wish they would AT LEAST remove all the clear plastic from the corners and around the top, get some friggin glass like the Volkswagen stadium, will look tonnes better with coloured lights blazing out at night.

I don't mind our stadium but the corner cladding is cheap and awful