Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Malaysians are targeting China

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:47 pm

China's national team plays in red. Their flag is red.

Most of China's clubs play in red, green and white, yellow or light blue. Most chinese fans support european clubs like Arsenal, Manchester, Liverpool, Milan, Madrid. Madrid have a red kit that they frequently use in Asia for appeal purposes. Why else would they have it? They are a marketing club. They bought Beckham to sell the Madrid brand and boost their income stream. They've tapped every avenue for income. Granted they have success but they're still milking it elsewhere.

Yes they are successful but they are also respectful and play in red because they know it appeals to the red chinese communist government and major businesses affiliated with the corrupt government.

If every Chinese club played in red, kits would clash. Thats pretty self explanatory. Light blue isn't looked down upon in the same way a dark blue or navy is. Our badge was dark blue and our kit was fairly dark too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_in_Chinese_culture

Read that.

Red, corresponding with fire, symbolizes good fortune and joy. Red is found everywhere during Chinese New Year and other holidays and family gatherings. A red envelope is a monetary gift which is given in Chinese society during holiday or special occasions. The red color of the packet symbolizes good luck. Red is strictly forbidden at funerals as it is a traditionally symbolic color of happiness.[1]

In modern China, red remains a very popular color and is affiliated with and used by the Communist government.

The government in China that Tan is affiliated are red. They are a communist party that have red colours. Red will represent their party so why would blue appeal to them? Please tell me why blue would appeal to them when it does not represent their colours? Why do you think Kenny Huang was interested in Liverpool?

Those in financial power are affiliated massively with the chinese communist party and we all know of the term 'favours for the boys'. Corruption is massive in China and many businessmen stay loyal to their party in order to get pardons from the government in question. As that so happens at the time its the communist party who's colours are red. Obviously there will be other companies in China with no affiliation to the government but the main companies are and its fact. Just do some research on the topic of corruption in China. So the real question should be do we want such corrupt organisations potentially being involved with our club? Risky, but thats modern China for you and we dont need to worry until it happens, if it does.

The champions play in red at home and yellow away. Yellow is looked upon as a beautiful colour in china but its not red. Red is far more favoured over any other colour. Obviously there will be people who will wear dark blue just like there are people over here who do not believe in horoscopes or that nonsense but there are a lot who do and in a country like China that has a population over 1bn that is one hell of a lot of people.

Most Chinese clubs that play in blue play in a lighter blue. Shanghai Shenhua are the only team that play in a dark blue close to our colour and they have red stripes on the kit for neutrality but this still isn't looked upon as greatly as just red.

Dalian Aerbin have only just joined the league in 2012 so there is nothing to suggest fans will get behind them. Attendances at games in China do not count as support. Many people will just go to games to see football but really support European clubs.

Obviously there will be more than just red in China otherwise the world would be a boring place and people's views are different however the general feeling towards blue is immortality and death. Why would anyone use a colour that symbolises death to attract a Chinese investor? Its the equivalent of smearing yourself in excrement before going on the pull. When you go on the pull you dress to appeal to the current market and the current market in Chinese is red because of culture as well as politics. Red is a warm and welcoming colour in China so thats what you use.

The only place in the world where dark blue symbolises anything good is Iran. So unless we get an Iranian investor then it wont appeal to anyone.

Thats the truth on the matter, from a Chinese friend at my university who supports Liverpool FC. He says in time fans will get behind Cardiff City but his main concern is no tour has been looked at for China this summer. He said stuff like that should have been sorted first.

Re: The Malaysians are targeting China

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:53 pm

So why don't they support the likes of Bristol City or Barnsley?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:58 pm

The chineese only support them clubs because they are some of the biggest and most succesful teams for ages. If united went spiraling down the leagues and ended up playing league two football for years the ammount of shirts will decrease. Anyway thats very unlikely to happen so i just wasted my time saying that :lol:.

Why cant they just surport there local sides these people anyway :lol:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:So why don't they support the likes of Bristol City or Barnsley?

This is for the potential of growth. There is no point building infrastructure once the demand is there. You put some in place then as growth continues you add to it. If you do not place the necessary infrastructure in place at the start you have nothing to capitalise on when the demand boom occurs. Simple business ethics. The reason they dont support Bristol City etc is because they're not marketed there. We will be on TV, in shops because of Tan's relations in business. We'll also most likely do a tour of asia like QPR and gain popularity and we've already been in the media for this in China and Malaysia.

Tell me when Bristol toured Asia? or any of the other clubs. We also have the dragon and a welsh national symbol which will work to our advantage whichever way you look at it.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Aren't we Cardiff City though. A local club that has a tradition of playing in blue ?????

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:So why don't they support the likes of Bristol City or Barnsley?

This is for the potential of growth. There is no point building infrastructure once the demand is there. You put some in place then as growth continues you add to it. If you do not place the necessary infrastructure in place at the start you have nothing to capitalise on when the demand boom occurs. Simple business ethics. The reason they dont support Bristol City etc is because they're not marketed there. We will be on TV, in shops because of Tan's relations in business. We'll also most likely do a tour of asia like QPR and gain popularity and we've already been in the media for this in China and Malaysia.

Tell me when Bristol toured Asia? or any of the other clubs. We also have the dragon and a welsh national symbol which will work to our advantage whichever way you look at it.

Simple buisness or not. Nobody is going to support a Championship side in Asia. And most certainly not going to buy our shirt. How the hell do you think wer going to compete with the teams that you have mentioned? It will takes us atleast 3 decades to even be on par with some of them.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 pm

TheHunter! wrote:The chineese only support them clubs because they are some of the biggest and most succesful teams for ages. If united went spiraling down the leagues and ended up playing league two football for years the ammount of shirts will decrease. Anyway thats very unlikely to happen so i just wasted my time saying that :lol:.

There is more too it than that. Liverpool still have a massive Asian following and are no longer as successful. Haven't won the league for 20 odd years. Its not as simple as what you are saying. A lot of their fans stick after successful periods because thats the way they are. Blue sides do not take off as massively over there and Liverpool still have a bigger following than Chelsea even though Chelsea have been more popular over recent years. Kids love Liverpool in Asia, its fact.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 23594.html

Its not just older generations from their glory days, more kids are supporting them more than ever.

My mate has told me straight from his mouth so im going to believe him. However next season if we dont go on a tour somewhere in Asia I will be annoyed because the whole point is to capitalise on these marketing moves.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:13 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
TheHunter! wrote:The chineese only support them clubs because they are some of the biggest and most succesful teams for ages. If united went spiraling down the leagues and ended up playing league two football for years the ammount of shirts will decrease. Anyway thats very unlikely to happen so i just wasted my time saying that :lol:.

There is more too it than that. Liverpool still have a massive Asian following and are no longer as successful. Haven't won the league for 20 odd years. Its not as simple as what you are saying. A lot of their fans stick after successful periods because thats the way they are. Blue sides do not take off as massively over there and Liverpool still have a bigger following than Chelsea even though Chelsea have been more popular over recent years. Kids love Liverpool in Asia, its fact.

Its not just older generations from their glory days, more kids are supporting them more than ever.

My mate has told me straight from his mouth so im going to believe him. However next season if we dont go on a tour somewhere in Asia I will be annoyed because the whole point is to capitalise on these marketing moves.

So what about that Shanghai team. Just signed Anelka and Drogba. From what Iv read they are the most supported team in china. Have a stab in the dark to which colour they play in.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:13 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

Simple buisness or not. Nobody is going to support a Championship side in Asia. And most certainly not going to buy our shirt. How the hell do you think wer going to compete with the teams that you have mentioned? It will takes us atleast 3 decades to even be on par with some of them.

THATS THE WHOLE POINT. ITS FOR THE FUTURE. :roll:

You put the marketing techniques in place then you execute them so when the demand comes you have the infrastructure in place to cope. Would there be any point in Microsoft putting out a small server when they are getting 2m users for xbox live? NO. They put the right infrastructure in place to meet the demand. Over time demand will increase.

Chelsea have been more successful of recent yet they still have to make 4+ trips to Asia each year. Liverpool make 1 and far exceed them in terms of fanbase. Yes Liverpool have over history been more successful but fans stick once a team becomes successful, they dont just jump ship at the drop of a hat. Liverpool fans have stuck even though they havent been that successful of recent and thats the point.

With our knowledge base growing its more likely investors will jump on board which is the whole point. Investment means more transfer funds and more transfer funds often means better players and moving up. Thats the aim and im sure as hell going to believe my Chinese mate over a bunch of people from Wales with no knowledge of Chinese culture or football whatsoever.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:15 pm

Good luck to you and your Chinese friend!

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:16 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

So what about that Shanghai team. Just signed Anelka and Drogba. From what Iv read they are the most supported team in china. Have a stab in the dark to which colour they play in.

So some research on their owner Zhu Jun as to why they play in blue. He has no respect for Chinese culture and is a ruthless businessman. Most supported means nothing also as in China fans go to games even if they really support the likes of China. My mates a liverpool fan and has been to games to China in his liverpool kit as do many others in their united kits etc.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:16 pm

RedBluebird wrote:

Cheers, i didnt think about liverpool to be honest. Im still against the red change. But do agree if we are going to play in red then we might aswell take advantage of the market and a tour is must needed. Wasnt we ment to go on one about 2/3 season ago but never? :lol:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:24 pm

TheHunter! wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

Cheers, i didnt think about liverpool to be honest. Im still against the red change. But do agree if we are going to play in red then we might aswell take advantage of the market and a tour is must needed. Wasnt we ment to go on one about 2/3 season ago but never? :lol:

Yes which is one of the things worrying me. Its good to have the infrastructure but you need to use it and I just hope the Malaysians do that like QPR are doing now in Malaysia. Also to the person saying about Shanghai, does he not realise they have red stripes down their top for neutrality? Thats the point. They play in red and blue, not blue. Also, add to that fact that their badge is similar in colours to ours. Red, Blue, etc.

Im just looking at the positives until next season. Didn't really want the rebrand but lets try and think positive. If there is no tour next summer then lets start to seriously worry that this is some move is done on a whim.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:38 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
TheHunter! wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

Yes which is one of the things worrying me. Its good to have the infrastructure but you need to use it and I just hope the Malaysians do that like QPR are doing now in Malaysia. Also to the person saying about Shanghai, does he not realise they have red stripes down their top for neutrality? Thats the point. They play in red and blue, not blue. Also, add to that fact that their badge is similar in colours to ours. Red, Blue, etc.

Im just looking at the positives until next season. Didn't really want the rebrand but lets try and think positive. If there is no tour next summer then lets start to seriously worry that this is some move is done on a whim.

I think Tan is now waiting until we get premiership football before we tour over there. Maybe after our first year of it because they would see Manchester United V Cardiff City etc. but if we dont get there soon. I sense big trouble ahead for us and back to square one.

Nice picture by the way :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Cheers. Sounds a good move. Lets hope 2013 is our year. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:47 am

you are fooling yourselfs here in China we don't know Cardiff City or Wales let alone your little football club.

Arsenal play Man City at the bird nest Friday and we all go watch Ballotelli in Blue

they no way you ever big big club in China we will just laugh at you chumpies

stop dreaming as China not like at all and never heard i afraid you all dreaming too much.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:01 am

Mr Huang wrote:you are fooling yourselfs here in China we don't know Cardiff City or Wales let alone your little football club.

Arsenal play Man City at the bird nest Friday and we all go watch Ballotelli in Blue

stop dreaming as China not like at all and never heard i afraid you all dreaming too much.

:lol:

Yet you magically ended up on a Cardiff City forum. Im guessing you got here through a magic portal then, not looking up 'Cardiff City' which proves you do in fact know of Cardiff.

Or maybe the more logical explanation, this is a WUM account. Thought so. Cheers, bye. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:06 am

RedBluebird wrote:
Mr Huang wrote:you are fooling yourselfs here in China we don't know Cardiff City or Wales let alone your little football club.

:lol:

Yet you magically ended up on a Cardiff City forum. Im guessing you got here through a magic portal then, not looking up 'Cardiff City' which proves you do in fact know of Cardiff.

Or maybe the more logical explanation, this is a WUM account. Thought so. Cheers, bye. :ayatollah:

I google English football China and this website came up why not check my IP you see I in Pudong district what is a WUM

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:11 am

Redbird talk lot of shitty cardiff football fan man should not listen to this Chumpie

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:24 am

Mr Huang wrote:Redbird talk lot of shitty cardiff football fan man should not listen to this Chumpie

What a virgin.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 am

RedBluebird wrote:
Mr Huang wrote:Redbird talk lot of shitty cardiff football fan man should not listen to this Chumpie

What a virgin.

You talk shit about China you not understand at all

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:31 am

Mr Huang wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

What a virgin.

Ok Baker. I see you're drunk on CCMB and decided to come here and be an arse. Its ok, dont worry.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:30 pm

RedBluebird wrote:China's national team plays in red. Their flag is red.

Most of China's clubs play in red, green and white, yellow or light blue. Most chinese fans support european clubs like Arsenal, Manchester, Liverpool, Milan, Madrid. Madrid have a red kit that they frequently use in Asia for appeal purposes. Why else would they have it? They are a marketing club. They bought Beckham to sell the Madrid brand and boost their income stream. They've tapped every avenue for income. Granted they have success but they're still milking it elsewhere.

Yes they are successful but they are also respectful and play in red because they know it appeals to the red chinese communist government and major businesses affiliated with the corrupt government.

If every Chinese club played in red, kits would clash. Thats pretty self explanatory. Light blue isn't looked down upon in the same way a dark blue or navy is. Our badge was dark blue and our kit was fairly dark too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_in_Chinese_culture

Read that.

Red, corresponding with fire, symbolizes good fortune and joy. Red is found everywhere during Chinese New Year and other holidays and family gatherings. A red envelope is a monetary gift which is given in Chinese society during holiday or special occasions. The red color of the packet symbolizes good luck. Red is strictly forbidden at funerals as it is a traditionally symbolic color of happiness.[1]

In modern China, red remains a very popular color and is affiliated with and used by the Communist government.

The government in China that Tan is affiliated are red. They are a communist party that have red colours. Red will represent their party so why would blue appeal to them? Please tell me why blue would appeal to them when it does not represent their colours? Why do you think Kenny Huang was interested in Liverpool?

Those in financial power are affiliated massively with the chinese communist party and we all know of the term 'favours for the boys'. Corruption is massive in China and many businessmen stay loyal to their party in order to get pardons from the government in question. As that so happens at the time its the communist party who's colours are red. Obviously there will be other companies in China with no affiliation to the government but the main companies are and its fact. Just do some research on the topic of corruption in China. So the real question should be do we want such corrupt organisations potentially being involved with our club? Risky, but thats modern China for you and we dont need to worry until it happens, if it does.

The champions play in red at home and yellow away. Yellow is looked upon as a beautiful colour in china but its not red. Red is far more favoured over any other colour. Obviously there will be people who will wear dark blue just like there are people over here who do not believe in horoscopes or that nonsense but there are a lot who do and in a country like China that has a population over 1bn that is one hell of a lot of people.

Most Chinese clubs that play in blue play in a lighter blue. Shanghai Shenhua are the only team that play in a dark blue close to our colour and they have red stripes on the kit for neutrality but this still isn't looked upon as greatly as just red.

Dalian Aerbin have only just joined the league in 2012 so there is nothing to suggest fans will get behind them. Attendances at games in China do not count as support. Many people will just go to games to see football but really support European clubs.

Obviously there will be more than just red in China otherwise the world would be a boring place and people's views are different however the general feeling towards blue is immortality and death. Why would anyone use a colour that symbolises death to attract a Chinese investor? Its the equivalent of smearing yourself in excrement before going on the pull. When you go on the pull you dress to appeal to the current market and the current market in Chinese is red because of culture as well as politics. Red is a warm and welcoming colour in China so thats what you use.

The only place in the world where dark blue symbolises anything good is Iran. So unless we get an Iranian investor then it wont appeal to anyone.

Thats the truth on the matter, from a Chinese friend at my university who supports Liverpool FC. He says in time fans will get behind Cardiff City but his main concern is no tour has been looked at for China this summer. He said stuff like that should have been sorted first.

This is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read :lol:

You even say Real Madrids red away kit is so they can tap into China?

Why else? You say!,

Erm...why not? It's their away kit

Your friend in university wants to stay off the lentils wine

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Mr Huang wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

What a virgin.

f**k off back to your caravan u jack b*stard

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:47 pm

This sort of thread is such a load of stereotypical bordering on racist nonsense.

The Chinese are intelligent free thinking people. They don't decide who they support due to a club wearing a certain colour. If they did then Middlesbrough, Wales, stoke, Sunderland and Southampton would be Chinese superpowers. Why aren't they? Because they aren't very good, don't have world class players. Dont play in the champions league and don't win anything.

As has been said several times. Shanghai shenua are chinas biggest and most popular side with Chinese moneymen driving them to be the biggest club in asia with signing the likes of drogba and anelka...l they are blue from head to toe.

The Chinese are not like magpies to a shiny object when it comes to the colour red ffs the way some talk it's as if as soon as we change to red we will get a mass of Chinese buying all our stuff ''mmmmm reeeeed''

Unbelievable :?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:52 pm

This just has to be the dumbest load of shite I've ever read.

It never occured to you that the Chinese only care about the top of Europe? So as long as Cardiff City doesn't belong to the top 20 of European football clubs these gloryhunters don't give the slightest bit about the club. I don't see the current owners invest as much as the investors of Manchester City or Chelsea. So changing to red without any big succes in football, these people won't give a f**k about the club.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:02 pm

why cant you stupid jacks get it into your silly heads that vt isnt basing his strategy on shirt sales in china!! he has never said anything of the kind! so piss off back to you boreing site called out of this planet or whatever its called!! :lol:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:why cant you stupid jacks get it into your silly heads that vt isnt basing his strategy on shirt sales in china!! he has never said anything of the kind! so piss off back to you boreing site called out of this planet or whatever its called!! :lol:

Care to share what its about?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:09 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:why cant you stupid jacks get it into your silly heads that vt isnt basing his strategy on shirt sales in china!! he has never said anything of the kind! so piss off back to you boreing site called out of this planet or whatever its called!! :lol:

Care to share what its about?

share what??? if you mean reason for rebrand no dont know! like all people on here its just speculation same as you or do you know what vt is planning as he has told you so in person!

ps was this directed at you? unless you are a jack! i dont see why you should reply do you??? :D

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:34 pm

In modern china they force Women who are over 6 Months pregnant to have terminations. They Run Students over in there Tanks. And Redbird (pathetic user name but hey its a free country) you want them running our Club ?