Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Greatest Player You Never Saw

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:47 pm

With everything that's been going on recently. I've been looking back at City's history to try and get excited for the new season.

Just got these made up this week featuring the greatest player I never saw. Only wish I could've been around to see him play.

Who knows, with the weather picking up, we might even be able to wear them outside!

http://www.fblockclothing.com/en/42-robin-friday-t-shirt.html

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The Greatest Player You Never Saw

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Be interesting to know who owns the trademark to

There are better quality versions, I got just the whie on a black t-shirt, looks great.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Like you I wasn't around to witness him! But I've heard a good few storys about him including the one where he apparently kicked Mark Lawrenson in the head and shit in his kitbag! I'd have loved to be around to witness him kick that gremlin in the head lol

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:00 pm

RFMH wrote:Be interesting to know who owns the trademark to

There are better quality versions, I got just the whie on a black t-shirt, looks great.

I searched to see if the picture was copyrighted, but couldn't see any ownership of it.

I still find it amazing how someone managed to capture that picture. I wonder if he did anything else like that.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Being only 30 its hard to see some of the old best....but I was down the Arms Park when Wales beat Brazil and they had some half decent players in there side.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 pm

a genius who would make vinny jones look like mother theresa

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:57 pm

I've got a book about Robin Friday written by the Oasis drummer i pissed myself from start to finish RIP Robin truly crackers fair play!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:04 pm

The V sign picture is copyright Western Mail and Echo !

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:10 pm

One of my favourite memories of Friday was Wolves at home !

He arrived late as usual and was only sub !

We were 2-0 down and he was sent on to try and save the game, the Wolves players faces were a picture as he came out onto the pitch, suffice to say he tore them apart and we drew 2-2 with two goals in the last two minutes !

I saw every home game he played for the club, his debut was awesome, but the Luton game will live with me forever, I was a kid and season ticket holder in the Canton, the the incident before the v-sign happened in front of me !