Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

General question?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:47 pm

I apologize in advance if this has been asked already.
With this re-branding would you rather stay blue or be in pompey's shoes?

Not going to lie either I don't know if this question is relevant. Was just thinking that's all. :)

Re: General question?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 pm

I'd rather the club stay alive in Red

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Yeah exactly what I was thinking. Might not be happy about the colour change but at least we're still alive.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:56 pm

I'd defo rather be in pompeys shoes! Can't see how any cardiff city fan wouldn't want to be in the shit like pompey.....

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:57 pm

It's like Ground hog day :roll: ,this has been debated a million times ffs.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:00 pm

CMorgans93 wrote:I apologize in advance if this has been asked already.
With this re-branding would you rather stay blue or be in pompey's shoes?

Not going to lie either I don't know if this question is relevant. Was just thinking that's all. :)

Yes it has been asked already.

Every possible question with every possible variation has been asked already.

It has all been discussed, argued, debated and fought over to death - all in the first 3 weeks.

Now every thread on the rebrand issue (or however it is described) is a re-run. It's like watching UK Gold!

Someday soon the football will start again.

I can't wait.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Curiousity killed the cat.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:29 pm

At the moment I would obviously prefer to play in Red rather go through the shit Pompey are in.

However, everyday another Arab, Russian, Malaysian or American billionaire appears from nowhere and take control of clubs which seem f**ked (e.g. Reading, Nottingham F etc)

So who is to say Pompey won't find a benevolent billionaire and continue to play in Blue?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:29 pm

we are changing to red ?????

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:40 pm

NIBluebird wrote:we are changing to red ?????

The OP is asking what everyone's personal preference would be, play in Red or stay Blue and bankrupt like Pompey.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:01 pm

the problem with this debate is that the choice we are presented with is "lets go with £100000 trillion billion pounds" or alternatively "financial oblivion and the end of the club". We are very quickly seeing that the investment isnt bringing the immediate player riches that many anticipated. The argument that the window isnt closed yet is a fair one so Ill wait and see.

The biggest problem i have is that i dont accept the alternative was no club at all. No one has demostrated that to be the case. It was all scare mongering as far as i can see in a cynical attempt to get people to buy into this absolute nonsense of changing colours.

Personally (and i realise im in a minority) Id take Div 2 and play in blue with our badge and try to get promoted in time rather than take the Malaysian dollar and (maybe) be promoted as Cardiff Asian Dragons. But thats just me.