Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Allen close to Liverpool switch

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:40 pm

£15m apparently which I think is fair game considering Henderson cost £20m.

I know people will say Arsenal only paid £5.6m for Ramsey but transfer fees weren't as inflated then and we got ripped off at a time we needed to sell and bring in the money. If this was now and we had Ramsey he'd command the same type of fee in my honest opinion.

I dont think thats an inflated fee. His passing last season was amazing and only going to get better with the likes of Gerrard next to him.

Could be good for the future of Welsh football too if Allen is playing alongside Gerrard and Lucas and Ramsey is playing alongside Arteta and Song in similar attacking and fluid setups.

Lets not have a go at the move just because hes a Jack, lets be realistic here. Its a good move for Welsh football.

Re: Joe Allen close to Liverpool switch

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Yes it is

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Hes a nice little player. Strange one though they got a number of neat players in the same mould - Lucas, Henderson, Adam, Spearing.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Yes but their not Rodgers players , he likes the comfort factor of having someone who won't talk back to him if it goes tits up

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:58 pm

CP76 wrote:Hes a nice little player. Strange one though they got a number of neat players in the same mould - Lucas, Henderson, Adam, Spearing.

Henderson, Adam and Spearing are all not as good as Allen or Ramsey IMO. Henderson should have cost Liverpool £12m max which is why I think £15m for Allen is fair game.

He'll probably go with a three in the middle of Gerrard Lucas Allen then up front Suarez that Borini guy and whoever else they got. Cant see them using Downing as hes rubbish. :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:59 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
CP76 wrote:Hes a nice little player. Strange one though they got a number of neat players in the same mould - Lucas, Henderson, Adam, Spearing.

Henderson, Adam and Spearing are all not as good as Allen or Ramsey IMO. Henderson should have cost Liverpool £12m max which is why I think £15m for Allen is fair game.

He'll probably go with a three in the middle of Gerrard Lucas Allen then up front Suarez that Borini guy and whoever else they got. Cant see them using Downing as hes rubbish. :lol:

Andy Caroll :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:14 pm

CP76 wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

Andy Caroll :lol:

He'll either be sold or on the bench. The front 3 will have flair and loads of energy to press like Suarez and Borini. I dont know who else they'll sign, will probably depend on if they get rid of the likes of Adam and Carroll. I doubt anyone will buy them for anything significant tbh. :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:45 pm

In todays Football 15Mil isn't that much to a club like Liverpool really. Good player but I'm not sure about the price tag. He's not fit to lace Ramseys boots IMO.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Oh and One good thing, The heart of Swansea's team has been ripped out. Sigurdson, Allen and Bironi All gone. :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Kanester wrote:Oh and One good thing, The heart of Swansea's team has been ripped out. Sigurdson, Allen and Bironi All gone. :lol:

Try and keep up Borini wasn't ours and never played last year , siggy again a loanee, and if Joe goes he's already been replaced , and we're 13 million to the good , :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
Kanester wrote:Oh and One good thing, The heart of Swansea's team has been ripped out. Sigurdson, Allen and Bironi All gone. :lol:

Try and keep up Borini wasn't ours and never played last year , siggy again a loanee, and if Joe goes he's already been replaced , and we're 13 million to the good , :lol:

I know they were loaned players, But the team that done so well last year is not that same team.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Kanester wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

I know they were loaned players, But the team that done so well last year is not that same team.

To be fair, Britton was their best player by far. He is still there. Sinclair had a quietish season. Dyer was brilliant when i saw them on TV against Arsenal and Liverpool. He is still there. They've brought in this new guy with a name like a Pokemon and he's a good decent player as i've seen him playing in Spain. He will slot in quite nicely in the void left by Allen. Graham isn't as good as Borini and I think most Jacks will admit that but he was never their's and Graham did a good enough job last season for his first spell in the Prem. Their main problem is a sigurdsson replacement. With £13m left over expect them to spend about £6-8m on that player.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:03 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
Kanester wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

To be fair, Britton was their best player by far. He is still there. Sinclair had a quietish season. Dyer was brilliant when i saw them on TV against Arsenal and Liverpool. He is still there. They've brought in this new guy with a name like a Pokemon and he's a good decent player as i've seen him playing in Spain. He will slot in quite nicely in the void left by Allen. Graham isn't as good as Borini and I think most Jacks will admit that but he was never their's and Graham did a good enough job last season for his first spell in the Prem. Their main problem is a sigurdsson replacement. With £13m left over expect them to spend about £6-8m on that player.

I believe the player they signed today, michu? Is the same type of player as sigurddsson, could be wrong though

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:07 pm

I thought there was a clause saying Brenda couldn't rape the jack squad for a year or so??

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:
Kanester wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

I believe the player they signed today, michu? Is the same type of player as sigurddsson, could be wrong though

Correct. 15 goals in La Liga from midfield last season signed for £2m.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:50 pm

bluecityblue wrote:I thought there was a clause saying Brenda couldn't rape the jack squad for a year or so??

Gentlemans agreement. The agreement is that whatever valuation Swansea put on a player Liverpool must honour if they want that player. Swansea put a £15m valuation on Joe Allen knowing there is a chance Liverpool would pay that and now Liverpool will pay around that figure.

All this nonsense about 12 months is exactly that, nonsense. Also, there is no need for a transfer bid from another club, that is nonsense too.

It was a basic honourable gentleman's agreement. The agreement was 'you put a price on a player and we'll honour it'. Swansea never said £25m because they knew Rodgers wouldn't pay that so they stuck a realistic fee on him knowing they could cash in on Allen.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:37 pm

As much as I hate to say it the Jacks have thus far signed some really good players, especially Michu, mark my words the lad could prove to be an early contender for siging of the season. £2m is an absolute steal, 15 La Liga goals laast season from midfield plus a number of assists in a very poor Rayo team. De Guzman and Chico are also good signings, as long as they adapt to English football quickly the Swans will be very comfortable in mid-table.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:30 am

Allen is one of few Swansea players who ain't massively overrated

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:32 am

Fusilier52 wrote:

Bitter be f**ked

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:35 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

Bitter be f**ked

On what possible planet was that post bitter? :?

Apart from Mars of course. The RED planet :lol:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:36 am

NJ73 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

Bitter be f**ked

On what possible planet was that post bitter? :?

Apart from Mars of course. The RED planet :lol:

He loved them players they was his favourites!

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:40 am

2blue2handle wrote:Allen is one of few Swansea players who ain't massively overrated

I know you're a mod so I'll word this carefully but come on, he was arguably their second best player last year and he performed very well in a GB team that was just finding its feet. He's been exceptional of recent. Stop being blinkered by the CCFC lights and have a realistic view of football. As much as hurts to say because he is a jack he has been class.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:42 am

RedBluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Allen is one of few Swansea players who ain't massively overrated

I know you're a mod so I'll word this carefully but come on, he was arguably their second best player last year and he performed very well in a GB team that was just finding its feet. He's been exceptional of recent. Stop being blinkered by the CCFC lights and have a realistic view of football. As much as hurts to say because he is a jack he has been class.

That's why I said he isn't massively overrated :shock:
I think he is a cracking player.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:44 am

2blue2handle wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

Sorry, I need to learn to read things twice over. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:50 am

RedBluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

Sorry, I need to learn to read things twice over. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: it's fine.

I'm
Excited to see Ramsey and Allen for Wales especially if we can get a decent holding midfielder. Mayber Ledders could.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:24 am

A very good player but I think £15 million is way too much but I supposed if you pay £20 million for Henderson :roll: Still think Ramsey is better but the injury really put him back but hopefully he will get back to his best next season. My only thing with Allen is whether he can cut it outside of that swansea squad just like the rest of their players

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:32 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:A very good player but I think £15 million is way too much but I supposed if you pay £20 million for Henderson :roll: Still think Ramsey is better but the injury really put him back but hopefully he will get back to his best next season. My only thing with Allen is whether he can cut it outside of that swansea squad just like the rest of their players

15m is certainly silly.