Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Snodgrass £1.5m ??

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:04 pm

apparently Leeds turned down a £1.5m bid for Snodgrass from Norwich. So now Norwich are considering upping their offer to £2-£2.5m?

Thought he was more a £3.5m - £5m player - similar to the way in which we value Whitts. The heart of the Leeds engine at present in my opinion.

Would you want to see him at CCFC and at what costs? or is it out of the question?

Re: Snodgrass £1.5m ??

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:06 pm

I would love to see him here and if we could get him for under £4Million, I think it would be a cracking deal. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Merlin wrote:apparently Leeds turned down a £1.5m bid for Snodgrass from Norwich. So now Norwich are considering upping their offer to £2-£2.5m?

Thought he was more a £3.5m - £5m player - similar to the way in which we value Whitts. The heart of the Leeds engine at present in my opinion.

Would you want to see him at CCFC and at what costs? or is it out of the question?

A player I would love to see at Cardiff but I think he has a move to the Premier League in his head, but worth every penny of £2-2.5m

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Merlin wrote:apparently Leeds turned down a £1.5m bid for Snodgrass from Norwich. So now Norwich are considering upping their offer to £2-£2.5m?

He's got 1 year left on his contract doesn't he, so 2-3m sounds about right

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Would be good to have him here but do we need him?
With Mutch and maybe Kim Bo adding to our midfield choice he would just be a waste of cash. Another striker or Defender should be next on the list anyways

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:51 pm

I would love to see him here, :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 pm

They probably wouldnt take 3.5 million paid in 35 yearly instalments of 100k :roll:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:25 pm

he was on holiday in benalmadena [holiday village] when i was there the last week in may! ... he sat by me one evening and i joked that i heard he was joining cardiff ... that would be cool if we did sign him .... he was with paul connelly! ... snodgrass was really friendly and would be a great player to have at city :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:45 pm

I'd love to have him here. 3.5 mill would be an okay price to pay imo.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:47 pm

castleblue wrote:

A player I would love to see at Cardiff but I think he has a move to the Premier League in his head, but worth every penny of £2-2.5m

Gary, Snodgrass is a player I would love to see play under Malky. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Gary, Snodgrass is a player I would love to see play under Malky. :ayatollah:

Doubt he would get on with Bellamy if we signed both players.....after what happened last time. Would be very interesting! :shock:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:58 pm

hope he stays tbh but money talks! aidy white has just signed a new 3yr deal amid talks everywhere he was going to derby/boro etc. warnock may yet get snods to stay cos our new supposedly arabian owners will want colin to build our season around him god knows whats happening up there with this due dilligence thing it could takes weeks yet for colin to get his hands on the war chest funds ...

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 pm

I seem to remember he spat at Bellamy a couple of seasons ago when Leeds played us at the CCS. For that reason alone an emphatic NO!!!!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:33 pm

SeanJr wrote:

I seem to remember he spat at Bellamy a couple of seasons ago when Leeds played us at the CCS. For that reason alone an emphatic NO!!!!

f*cking disgrace!!!