Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Harry kewell

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Championship teams seem to be sniffing about him at the moment. He's back in the country and looking for a club? At 33 would anyone think he would be worth a 1 yr deal with us. I understand the injuries he has had, but I'd hate to see his name on the opposing team sheet. Think he would kill most right backs for fun at this level or play up top for us.

Would initially seem a risk as I doubt many here have seen him play in the 'a' league back in auss, so would be relying on wiki stories which can be deceiving either way.

Re: Harry kewell

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Both Kewell and surprisingly Brett Emerton were flops in the A-League last year so I suspect he probably won't cut it in The Championship. He will want to stay up North I suspect as he cut his contract short with Melbourne to return to the UK because his wife's mother or father is very sick I think.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Championship teams seem to be sniffing about him at the moment. He's back in the country and looking for a club? At 33 would anyone think he would be worth a 1 yr deal with us. I understand the injuries he has had, but I'd hate to see his name on the opposing team sheet. Think he would kill most right backs for fun at this level or play up top for us.

Would initially seem a risk as I doubt many here have seen him play in the 'a' league back in auss, so would be relying on wiki stories which can be deceiving either way.

My mate traveled australia earlier in the year and watched him play, said he was slow and shit :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:37 pm

I'd guess he'd stay north BBC state it's boro and Blackburn leading the chase. For reasonable wages though I think he is worth a punt, can play left right off th shoulder of the last man or in the hole. Could help mason out in his progress for a year. Not many better to learn from.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:43 pm

I wouldn't bother, he is now past it

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:I'd guess he'd stay north BBC state it's boro and Blackburn leading the chase. For reasonable wages though I think he is worth a punt, can play left right off th shoulder of the last man or in the hole. Could help mason out in his progress for a year. Not many better to learn from.

Of course Blackburn are going to interested :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:31 pm

I'd rather have harry ramsden!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Slated as a lazy player during his spells at Leeds and Liverpool.

I can't imagine he's improved that aspect of his game at 33.

No ta.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:51 pm

No thanks he lost it years ago and is more injury prone than Louis Saha :shock:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:54 pm

gpbluebird1927 wrote:I'd rather have harry ramsden!

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: