Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MICHAEL DUBERRY'S ACCOUNT OF THE INFAMOUS LEEDS GAME

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:37 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:On BBC2 there was a Ninian Park documentary on all of the memories there when it got knocked down..
Jason Mohammad presented it..
Wales vs Scotland where the manager had a heart attack and later died in hosiptal
Nathan Blake vs Man City
Clarke vs Real Madrid
FA Cup Leeds
Etc... :ayatollah:

Blake's goal against Man City ,one of the best I've seen at Ninian Park .Ninian erupted :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiTKbNxG ... ata_player

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:44 pm

The way he put the arms in the air and just stood there made it! :) :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:06 am

ayahtolla wrote:Brings back fantastic memories of that superb game, and i dont think that atmosphere could ever be achieved again, one of those very special moments where you say with great pride "I WAS THERE" :ayatollah:

Ps, I got it on homemade dvd which i watch again and again :lol:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:34 am

DandoCCFC wrote:The way he put the arms in the air and just stood there made it! :) :ayatollah:

You werent even born then :roll:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Great read. Note to City Board on the importance of atmosphere to players performance: "Any player will tell you it is great to play at a ground with an atmosphere because it’s easier then to motivate yourself. Yes there should be self -motivation and motivation to win but it is far better to do it in a ground with an atmosphere."

The lack of atmosphere absolutely has to be addressed at CCS............... :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Did I say I was? Just watched few clips from old games whats your f**king problem.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:Great read. Note to City Board on the importance of atmosphere to players performance: "Any player will tell you it is great to play at a ground with an atmosphere because it’s easier then to motivate yourself. Yes there should be self -motivation and motivation to win but it is far better to do it in a ground with an atmosphere."

The lack of atmosphere absolutely has to be addressed at CCS............... :ayatollah:

Check out the Blue Army threads mate.

I would link one but I don't know how. Check out my post history and you'll find them or look up TrueBlue7 and CardiffCityHD

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:09 am

My dad didn't introduce me to Cardiff City until I was 10 in 2005 but that was a great read. My only memory of Duberry was at that game in Reading in 2008 when their keeper scored, the banter with him was great that day and you could tell he loved it. :lol: