Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:27 pm

http://www.transfermarketfeed.com/ninia ... -t532.html

Cracking read

Re: MICHAEL DUBERRY'S ACCOUNT OF THE INFAMOUS LEEDS GAME

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Good read that Kev :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:41 pm

cracking read, and up there with one of the best days of being a city fan!! :ayatollah:

grass, grass, grass :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 pm

i doubt its actually him

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 pm

CP76 wrote:Good read that Kev :ayatollah:

Brings home how much i miss the place

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:05 pm

i think a 4 oclock kick off and a day in the pub helped :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:15 pm

super kev legend wrote:
CP76 wrote:Good read that Kev :ayatollah:

Brings home how much i miss the place

If Carlsber did intimidating atmospheres....

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Duberry seemed to think it was an early kick off?

How rattled was he? :lol:

What WAS the song we slaughtered Duberry with? Wasn't that thing he made up?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:23 pm

And he still gets slaughtered by Cardiff fans. He played against us for Oxford in the Carling cup last season and got stick about being a grass. Fair play he waved back when they chanted Duberry is a grass

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:38 pm

was he under oath when he said that?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:39 pm

;) was he under oath when he said that? ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:26 pm

great read. was laughing to myself reading most of it at what an opposition player made of the entire day.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Leeds were robbed IMO. :roll:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:43 pm

super kev legend wrote:http://www.transfermarketfeed.com/ninian-park-nightmare-t532.html

Cracking read

Yeah a great read, I loved the atmosphere this day, I was in the grange and nothing will ever beat this atmosphere! We were well up for it! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Good read, says it as it was.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Brings back fantastic memories of that superb game, and i dont think that atmosphere could ever be achieved again, one of those very special moments where you say with great pride "I WAS THERE" :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Brought a tear to my eye reading that ,Good result and good day out with the lads

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:48 pm

ninian park was awesome that day. i doubt i'll experience an atmosphere like that again. i've read dull jacks try to claim on here that the best atmosphere WE have seen was at their place in the carling cup 2008. them jacks need to read duberrys piece there. they don't compare!! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Makes me proud.

What a day that was. I still remember shouting at Duberry as if it was yesterday!

One day maybe just 10% of the atmosphere we created that day will be heard in CCS.... Maybe :?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:43 pm

after this the rivalry with leeds was great... the next couple of games at ninian a year or two later were superb...

i also remember the game where we finished with 9 men and still beat them.. they were tamping that night in the grange, it was buzzing that night too....

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:after this the rivalry with leeds was great... the next couple of games at ninian a year or two later were superb...

i also remember the game where we finished with 9 men and still beat them.. they were tamping that night in the grange, it was buzzing that night too....

was that when chops and simon walters (or what ever his name was) got sent off?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:59 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:after this the rivalry with leeds was great... the next couple of games at ninian a year or two later were superb...

simon walton and chops, that was the game

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

simon walton and chops, that was the game

yeah remember that day it was my 17th birthday and clattenburgh was the ref. Never hated a man as much as him

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 pm

Considering I wasn't a supporter at that time that was a great read. I seen the video of the game and heard stroies and think its crazy and just amazing to be part of!
Great to see it from a Leeds player point view says it all! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 pm

i was in the lower grand stand A block where my season ticket was and we were all standing on the seats going mental...

remember seeing the face on one leeds guy, he was tamping and threw his pie across at us...

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Call me nerdy but when I find spare time I usually look some old classic games up! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:20 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Call me nerdy but when I find spare time I usually look some old classic games up! :D :ayatollah:

used to remember last yr, cant think what channel but in the daytime there would always be a classic game on from so many yrs ago with all teams.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i was in the lower grand stand A block where my season ticket was and we were all standing on the seats going mental...

remember seeing the face on one leeds guy, he was tamping and threw his pie across at us...

That's where my s/ticket was ,a few seats went over my head towards the Leeds fans a few times

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:30 pm

On BBC2 there was a Ninian Park documentary on all of the memories there when it got knocked down..
Jason Mohammad presented it..
Wales vs Scotland where the manager had a heart attack and later died in hosiptal
Nathan Blake vs Man City
Clarke vs Real Madrid
FA Cup Leeds
Etc... :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Xcasual wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i was in the lower grand stand A block where my season ticket was and we were all standing on the seats going mental...

That's where my s/ticket was ,a few seats went over my head towards the Leeds fans a few times

and a couple of turkish delight chocolate bars if i remember!