Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAILING to get Keogh

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Cardiff City did not bloody Fail to get him.

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

We succeeded in avoiding another of the lazy arrogant money-grabbing
Type players of the Dave Jones era.

The truth is, during negotiations with Cardiff City... Keogh failed to impress.

Well done City :ayatollah:

Re: FAILING to get Keogh

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Well said Apple, I dont know why we went for him in the first place when we have darcy who is more than capable of covering anywhere in defence.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:27 pm

taffyapple wrote:Cardiff City did not bloody Fail to get him.

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:28 pm

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

This :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Sense at last :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:13 pm

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

Couple of things I disagree with here Taff and firstly that Keogh is a "lazy arrogent money grabbing player", and one of the reasons is that he has been player of the year for the last 4 years at both Carlisle and Coventry. The other is having just watched both his interview and Nigel Clough talking about signing him on Derby County Player this was not about money.

Nigel Clough talks about how much effort everyone at the club put into getting Keogh, from the owners putting the finance in place to buy him in terms that Coventry would accept and being at Pride Park the day Keogh and his agent visited. Nigel Clough also spoke about how nervous he was waiting to hear back from Keogh because he knew the player would receive higher wage offers than the one he has accepted at Derby . NC also said how delighted he was when he got word that Keogh was going to sign and his admiration for the lad because of the way he has been 100% honest with everyone.

Keogh on theother hand said he has been flattered by being linked with a couple of big clubs with fantastic managers but it was important to him to respect Coventry City for everything they have done for him, including a fantastic new contract offer but he wants to play at the highest level possible and money was not the motivator in his wish to leave.

He said that he had returned to training with Coventry and had been working hard in pre season and only learned at the weekend that Derby were moving close to agreeing terms acceptable to Coventry, and only after he had been given permission to speak to Derby did he and his agent arrange a visit. He said it was important to him to respect Coventry City and so Derby County were the only club he had spoken to.

He said he was humbled by the way the club was sold to him from Nigel Clough to the owners who were present the day he visited and after he knew there and then this was the club he wanted to move to.

Lazy money grabbing player I really don't think so and having watched his interview, his demeanour and his attitude I can see exactly why MM was interested in signing him.

A player who would have fitted perfectly into the ethos MM has introduced to the club, but we have missed out on him not because of wages but because we couldn't agree payment terms acceptable to Coventry.

And that's bad news in my opinion.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:19 pm

castleblue wrote:

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

Couple of things I disagree with here Taff and firstly that Keogh is a "lazy arrogent money grabbing player", and one of the reasons is that he has been player of the year for the last 4 years at both Carlisle and Coventry. The other is having just watched both his interview and Nigel Clough talking about signing him on Derby County Player this was not about money.

Nigel Clough talks about how much effort everyone at the club put into getting Keogh, from the owners putting the finance in place to buy him in terms that Coventry would accept and being at Pride Park the day Keogh and his agent visited. Nigel Clough also spoke about how nervous he was waiting to hear back from Keogh because he knew the player would receive higher wage offers than the one he has accepted at Derby . NC also said how delighted he was when he got word that Keogh was going to sign and his admiration for the lad because of the way he has been 100% honest with everyone.

Keogh on theother hand said he has been flattered by being linked with a couple of big clubs with fantastic managers but it was important to him to respect Coventry City for everything they have done for him, including a fantastic new contract offer but he wants to play at the highest level possible and money was not the motivator in his wish to leave.

He said that he had returned to training with Coventry and had been working hard in pre season and only learned at the weekend that Derby were moving close to agreeing terms acceptable to Coventry, and only after he had been given permission to speak to Derby did he and his agent arrange a visit. He said it was important to him to respect Coventry City and so Derby County were the only club he had spoken to.

He said he was humbled by the way the club was sold to him from Nigel Clough to the owners who were present the day he visited and after he knew there and then this was the club he wanted to move to.

Lazy money grabbing player I really don't think so and having watched his interview, his demeanour and his attitude I can see exactly why MM was interested in signing him.

A player who would have fitted perfectly into the ethos MM has introduced to the club, but we have missed out on him not because of wages but because we couldn't agree payment terms acceptable to Coventry.

castle

we never at any time had a bid accepted by coventry so were never in a position to talk to the player

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:22 pm

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

SPOT ON :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:38 pm

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

Could not have put it any better... top man Taffy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:51 pm

the one thing which i feel we dont do well and that is when recruiting players, malky isnt always present and this def has an impact on how the player sees the club...

remember aaron ramsey? manutd advisors met him and then arsenal flew him to switzerland where arsenal were based to meet arsene personally and that is why he choose them over man utd, who were offering him the better package...

a few of our targets previous have been handled by the recruitment team which malky has put in place... and as you can see in the keogh deal, derbys efforts won him over...

im not disappointed we didnt get him, however our whole recruitment policy needs to be looked at in my personal opinion...

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Spot on. We didn't fail to get him we pulled out, MM didn't want him after starting to deal with him. We probably offered to double his wages as it is

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:11 pm

steve davies wrote:
castleblue wrote:

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

castle

we never at any time had a bid accepted by coventry so were never in a position to talk to the player

Absolutely Spot on Steve and it is obviously when you see him talking. We made the first move but didn't get agreement then Derby bid the same get agreement meet the player and sign him.

Pulled out of the deal my arse we missed out on this player.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:43 pm

castleblue wrote:
steve davies wrote:
castleblue wrote:

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

castle

Absolutely Spot on Steve and it is obviously when you see him talking. We made the first move but didn't get agreement then Derby bid the same get agreement meet the player and sign him.

Jus seen it too.

No offence but to me it was just a new player bigging up his new club
And his manager just repaid the compliment.

Cardiff City could have upped the offer. To me, the fact that we never only
Proves that Derby wanted him more. If Malky rated him at £1m plus I'm sure
He'd have been backed. The £1m plus we paid for a pretty much obscure Slovakian
Seems to prove that point.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:59 pm

taffyapple wrote:
castleblue wrote:
steve davies wrote:
castleblue wrote:

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

castle

Jus seen it too.

No offence but to me it was just a new player bigging up his new club
And his manager just repaid the compliment.

Cardiff City could have upped the offer. To me, the fact that we never only
Proves that Derby wanted him more. If Malky rated him at £1m plus I'm sure
He'd have been backed. The £1m plus we paid for a pretty much obscure Slovakian
Seems to prove that point.

Taff trust me both clubs bid exactly the same, £800k, and Coventry wanted ALL monies paid by January 2013 latest. Derby agreed to this whilst we wanted until May 2013. We lost out because we tried to stretch the payments terms to far.

I agree there is an element of both Keogh and Clough bigging it up but does Keogh look like a player with a big ego :? We've missed out on a decent player here but it won't make or break our season.

I just hope we are not messing around with the payment structure on the KIM deal he looks like a player who could make a difference.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:02 pm

You can't have players telling the manager which positions they do and don't want to play...

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:25 pm

No big deal!!! He's gone to derby so what??? He apparantley wanted to speak to all clubs interested and we never had a bid accepted, how can we talk with him??? derby kissed his arse and gave him what he wanted. Only a squad player here but i was thinking he would take superkevs' place.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm

If you think his agent didnt speak to CCFC before a bid was accepted you are deluded.

Steve, Castle.....i know you two arent that naive to actually think that the terms we would offer were not known by Keogh's agent.

"ndly, he went to Derby to play at the highest possible level.....If thats his idea of highest possible level then im very glad we didnt get him!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:45 pm

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

It's not the truth thou as Castle blue and Steve Davies have pointed out !

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 pm

So are you honestly saying my dear Taffy,that if Keogh had signed you would still have had very negative views on him signing for us............i doubt it myself,you are beging to give me the impression of being somewhat two faced,i hope its just an impression because i do find you amusing

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:53 pm

angelis49 wrote:So are you honestly saying my dear Taffy,that if Keogh had signed you would still have had very negative views on him signing for us............i doubt it myself,you are beging to give me the impression of being somewhat two faced,i hope its just an impression because i do find you amusing

He was 1 of 3 players Taffy really wanted us to sign.

"Going up as champions" if we got him he said.

We didnt get him and guess what, Taffy thinks hes average, Ford Escort type of player, and a money grabbing tw*t.

You couldnt make it up :lol:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:03 pm

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

Fully agree! Glad we did not over pay for someone who was not 100% committed to us :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:35 pm

CP76 wrote:
angelis49 wrote:So are you honestly saying my dear Taffy,that if Keogh had signed you would still have had very negative views on him signing for us............i doubt it myself,you are beging to give me the impression of being somewhat two faced,i hope its just an impression because i do find you amusing

We didnt get him and guess what, Taffy thinks hes average, Ford Escort type of player, and a money grabbing tw*t.

Whoa slow down smarty pants. where did i ever say we'd go up as champions
because we got Richard Keough? hed have been a decent signing, but he
asked for too much so f**k him. deffo a money grabbing tw*t who wants
his shirt guaranteed. not on Malkys watch!

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:30 pm

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

All I will say is Dave, its not true Keogh never walked away or asked for more, the truth will be out soon.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:32 pm

castleblue wrote:

We made an offer.

He wanted more.

We walked away.

Castleblue, I know for a fact is talking sense and we dont agree on everything on here.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:44 pm

taffyapple wrote:
CP76 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85250&p=838478#p838478

:D

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Some people cant see the wood for the tree's mate, absolute circus.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:20 pm

CP76 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Fair play, the very definition of 'owned'. :lol:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Well said Mr Apple.

So glad we have walked away. Spending silly on players not worth it will only get us into the shit. *Points at you Mr Hamman.*

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:31 pm

MayhillBoi wrote:
CP76 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Fair play, the very definition of 'owned'. :lol:

big time :lol:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Kanester wrote:Well said Mr Apple.

So glad we have walked away. Spending silly on players not worth it will only get us into the shit. *Points at you Mr Hamman.*

*Cough* Kenny Miller