Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:40 am

Ever since he has come here he has done an epic job with what he has been given !
But know with the cash put into the club enabling Malky to bring in his sort of players and bearing in mind we did make the play offs last season, I really do think with the players we have brought in so far (Etien,Mutch,Lewis and Kimbo) and saybe some more I think we have a real good shot at possible automation's !

I think Malky really knows what he is doing, he seems to bring in the right players (Player's with no ego's). And what we did not have last season was pace down the wing (Conway injured) and he has seemed to have realised that with the addition of Kimbo.

So what rating would you give him so far out of 10 ?

Re: Malky Mackay

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:43 am

JD Bluebird 4 life ! wrote:Ever since he has come here he has done an epic job with what he has been given !
But know with the cash put into the club enabling Malky to bring in his sort of players and bearing in mind we did make the play offs last season, I really do think with the players we have brought in so far (Etien,Mutch,Lewis and Kimbo) and saybe some more I think we have a real good shot at possible automation's !

I think Malky really knows what he is doing, he seems to bring in the right players (Player's with no ego's). And what we did not have last season was pace down the wing (Conway injured) and he has seemed to have realised that with the addition of Kimbo.

So what rating would you give him so far out of 10 ?

Realistically.... 7/8 out of 10.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:47 am

Me, I would say 8/9 out of 10 just because we failed in the play offs but I really don't think that was his fault - It was know one's fault we failed because we did not not have a big enough squad !

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:49 am

6/10 not the best football at times needs to spend in January.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:53 am

birchblue wrote:6/10 not the best football at times needs to spend in January.

Preferred it if he spent his money now tbh! :) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:10 am

Overthemoon wrote:
birchblue wrote:6/10 not the best football at times needs to spend in January.

Preferred it if he spent his money now tbh! :) :ayatollah:

If he has any ??

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:16 am

Well he's spent 6.4m so far :ayatollah:

Mutch 3m
Etien 1m
Kimbo 2.4m

:?: If he has any :?:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 am

JD Bluebird 4 life ! wrote:Well he's spent 6.4m so far :ayatollah:

Mutch 3m
Etien 1m
Kimbo 2.4m

:?: If he has any :?:

Mutch was £2mil
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonl ... -31383387/

Kimbo hasn't signed yet
Plus Kiss was £500k

Im not doubting he had money I think the problem is further up.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 am

And you believe everything in the paper - I have CCFC Player and all the interviewer has been going on about is "can you weigh you to your 3m price tag Jordan? " and that the official website !

Our Chief executive Alan Whiteley said : "Obviously there's work permit issues"
And did the Miller deal happen last year With work permit issues ??? uhhnh Yes

Kiss deal was all ways going to happen - old news

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:42 am

Up to Christmas last season I would have given MM 10/10. From the C Palace Semi-Final onwards it would have dropped to 7/10.

I still rate MM although this window will really test his metal when it comes to making quality signings.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:44 am

JD Bluebird 4 life ! wrote:And you believe everything in the paper - I have CCFC Player and all the interviewer has been going on about is "can you weigh you to your 3m price tag Jordan? " and that the official website !

Our Chief executive Alan Whiteley said : "Obviously there's work permit issues"
And did the Miller deal happen last year With work permit issues ??? uhhnh Yes

Kiss deal was all ways going to happen - old news

But surely that £3m is inclusive of a hatful of add on payments?

I doubt we paid much more than £500k up front.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:46 am

Totally Agree Tony