Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOR ALL YOU DOUBTERS ON THE KIM DEAL

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:19 am

Cardiff City hope to seal Kim Bo-Kyung transfer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18895067

Cardiff City say they will complete the signing of South Korea international Kim Bo-Kyung in the next few days.

The 22-year-old midfielder is expected to cost around £2m from Japanese side Cerezo Osaka.

Kim is currently preparing to compete for South Korea in the football tournament at the London Olympics.

"We're hopeful we'll be able to close that [deal] within the next few days," said Cardiff City chief executive Alan Whiteley.

"We think we've made good progress on the negotiations.

"Like all these things you always hesitate to say too much until the ink is on the paper.

"Obviously there's work permit issues as well but I think we've made pretty good progress this week."

Cardiff have already recruited goalkeeper Joe Lewis , midfielder Jordon Mutch and striker Etien Velikonja during the pre-season.

But they have been beaten to the signature Coventry City defender Richard Keogh, who has joined Championship rivals Derby County for a fee believed to be in excess of £1m.

Cardiff have also been linked with Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy, who spent the 2010-11 season on loan with club.

But manager Malkay Mackay has refused to be drawn on the possibility of the former Wales captain returning to the club.

Striker Kenny Miller has left the club for MLS side Vancouver Whitecaps but Cardiff have rejected two bids from Premier League side Fulham for Peter Whittingham.

Re: FOR ALL YOU DOUBTERS ON THE KIM DEAL

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:30 am

Glam this was known Friday of last week.

Theyve been expecting to announce it....

But still no signing!!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:30 am

While I do not doubt the transfer will take place, they have been saying this for the last week. Nothing has happened as yet...

I will wait until it is official (hopefully sooner rather than later eh?) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:31 am

aj1927 wrote:Glam this was known Friday of last week.

But still no signing!!

They cant announce it, if there are still loose ends to tie up

which i imagine is the work permit which does take a while to go through :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:34 am

glammy74 wrote:

But still no signing!!

which i imagine is the work permit which does take a while to go through :ayatollah:

Work permit should take no more than 48 hours really, its been 120 hours. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:44 am

Like keogh

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:48 am

droopy wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

But still no signing!!

Work permit should take no more than 48 hours really, its been 120 hours. :ayatollah:

work permits can take up to 2 weeks, esp if its not cut and dried

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:04 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
droopy wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

But still no signing!!

Why wouldn't it be cut and dried - all the signs are that he is fine? He matches all the criteria.

I dont think I have ever seen a work permit take this long to come through :? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:11 am

droopy wrote:
Why wouldn't it be cut and dried - all the signs are that he is fine? He matches all the criteria.

I dont think I have ever seen a work permit take this long to come through :? :ayatollah:

Try playing Football manager :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:12 am

glammy74 wrote:
droopy wrote:

Try playing Football manager :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: Deffo doesnt take this long on fifa. I just signed William Gallas for Cardiff and he was in the Starting XI the next day :D

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:15 am

droopy wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
droopy wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

But still no signing!!

so he has played in 75% of south koreas matches last season......no...thought not so its not cut and dried.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:24 am

Problem's in Japan, maybe Euro to Yen exchange rate not so good ?????

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:27 am

nojac wrote:Problem's in Japan, maybe Euro to Yen exchange rate not so good ?????

:lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:58 am

It's not about doubting the Kim deal it's about our clubs inability to lock in transfers that are relatively straight forward for other clubs.

Something, and I have no idea what, but something isn't right to continually fail to begin talks., lock in talks and agree terms and get players signed off.

We probably will sign Kim, but no one here would be surprised if it went pear shaped because that's how our club's reputation.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:51 am

RFMH wrote:It's not about doubting the Kim deal it's about our clubs inability to lock in transfers that are relatively straight forward for other clubs.

Something, and I have no idea what, but something isn't right to continually fail to begin talks., lock in talks and agree terms and get players signed off.

We probably will sign Kim, but no one here would be surprised if it went pear shaped because that's how our club's reputation.

Not like you to be so negative Butty! :)

Kim Bo only met up with our club officials on Monday and by all accounts, talks went into Tuesday at least!

I'd imagine that the paperwork necessary to finalise the deal would have required Kim Bo's signature on it, which wouldn't have been forthcoming, until he'd agreed terms!

I've no idea how long it takes to tie up these type of international transfers, but the 120 hours quoted in this thread seems very optimistic!

As Malky appears to have now publicly stated his confidence in the deal going through, then I think we should accept that Kim Bo has signed and that we are merely waiting for any work permit and other international clearance matters to be cleared up! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 am

Overthemoon wrote:
RFMH wrote:It's not about doubting the Kim deal it's about our clubs inability to lock in transfers that are relatively straight forward for other clubs.

Not like you to be so negative Butty! :)

Kim Bo only met up with our club officials on Monday and by all accounts, talks went into Tuesday at least!

I'd imagine that the paperwork necessary to finalise the deal would have required Kim Bo's signature on it, which wouldn't have been forthcoming, until he'd agreed terms!

I've no idea how long it takes to tie up these type of international transfers, but the 120 hours quoted in this thread seems very optimistic!

As Malky appears to have now publicly stated his confidence in the deal going through, then I think we should accept that Kim Bo has signed and that we are merely waiting for any work permit and other international clearance matters to be cleared up! :D :ayatollah:

International Transfer Certificates can take anything from a couple of days to a month to receive depending on the complexity of the transfer.

In the case of Kim a work permit is required and this would, in my experience, have to be included with the documentation requesting the ITC.

Because of the timescales involved clubs normally announce the transfer agreement subject to medical, ITC, Work Permit etc prior to the completion of all paperwork. ITC cannot be refused unless there are financial considerations like monies still owing to the players previous club by his current club but these type of problems are very rare.

Because of previousissues with 3rd party ownership of foreign players the monies due on this transfer, transfer fees and agent fees will actually be made via a special FA business account controlled by the FA. This again could cause a delay but a minimal one I would think 2 days maximum.

This is the reason I believe completing this deal is more to do with the structure of payments for the transfer fee than any medical, ITC, Work permit etc. Maybe we are playing hardball with the payment structure maybe even harder hardball than is wise. :?

Still a huge positive that our club has agreed a fee for this player and apparently agreed personal terms and we should recognise and appreciate that.

But why o why is it taking so long to get to the stage where the club can announce he has signed "Subject" to all the other stuff.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 am

Be great exposure for our club if kim bo has signed for us by the time he runs out for his country at the Olympics! will be one in the bag for us everytime a commentator mentions kim bo kyung of Cardiff city :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:39 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:Be great exposure for our club if kim bo has signed for us by the time he runs out for his country at the Olympics! will be one in the bag for us everytime a commentator mentions kim bo kyung of Cardiff city :ayatollah:

Be even better if they play Team GB and our other new player Craig Bellamy is playing. ;)

But your point is spot on great exposure for both our club and the player.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: