Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

early exits from the cups this season?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:27 am

do you all think it would be better to exit the various cup competitions early this season?.perhaps we can then focus solely on promotion without any distractions.

Re: early exits from the cups this season?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:37 am

No, not at all...... It's an opportunity for the youth players to make a mark!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:41 am

No mate :ayatollah: ...Love a cup run I do :D :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:23 am

Anything other winning a major cup final will now be a backwards step :old:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:44 am

2blue2handle wrote:Anything other winning a major cup final will now be a backwards step :old:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cant lose our first game at Northampton. Wembley here we come :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:46 am

No chance! The early rounds of the Carling Cup at the CCS were quality last season, love our cup games. I think 'exiting' the cups are for the teams who have been promoted to the Prem.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:40 am

Be nice to get through some of the early rounds but if we are looking good in the league and right in the mix then I'd prefer not to have the distraction of any cup games after xmas.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 am

JonCCFC wrote:No chance! The early rounds of the Carling Cup at the CCS were quality last season, love our cup games. I think 'exiting' the cups are for the teams who have been promoted to the Prem.

I love the early rounds of the League Cup at home. They are a throw back to years gone by and the entry fee is usually only a tenner and not to mention that the Huddersfield game in last years LC was the best game at CCS all season.

Great value, great entertainment.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:09 pm

An excellent opportunity for the under 21's and reserve players to get some game time.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:18 pm

Not only does it give the under 21's/fringe players a good chance to get some games under their belt, but the financial implications of a good cup run is outstanding. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:00 am

Including Burnley and Blackburn the extra games we played in was in our unbeaten run so it didnt effect us! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:56 am

Not at all, cup runs are amazing. I would like us to get to at least the 4th round of the League cup and 5th Round of the FA Cup

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:58 am

Booked my hotel for fa cup final and the league cup (whatever form it takes this season lol ) :roll: So no.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 am

droopy wrote:Not only does it give the under 21's/fringe players a good chance to get some games under their belt, but the financial implications of a good cup run is outstanding. :ayatollah:

You mean benefits? ;)