Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Get a grip now please

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Angelis49 I can see where your coming from, but you have to think that you win some bids and some you don't. He does seem hesitant at times with transfers but atleast hes being carefull with the money. Theres 6 weeks left in the window, plenty of time to get another few good signings.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 pm

angelis49 wrote:The Mackay loyalists can dress it up as much as they like,but what ever the reasons behind the Keogh transfer that wasn't,it has to be seen as a fiasco,another example of dithering by Mackay and his recruitment team, i have no doubt that the usual excuses will be trotted out by the club by the Mackay loyalists and by Malky's pet monkeys in the media,but now im beginning to think that a growing wedge of supporters are finding these excuses hard to swallow,i also fear that this will not be the only transfer fiasco to hit the club before the window closes.................i repeat that i hope im wrong because i want City to cast off the "always the bridesmaid" tag this season,but to do that Mackay and his recruitment team must now start to get a grip,there has been far to many loose ends regarding our dealings in the transfer market this season,and these loose ends need to be tied up now,i dont know if Keogh would have made a good addition to our squad or not,but i do know this,that according to Carl the Orical and the written media, the deal was as good as done,so what went wrong?.........

......i end this posting with the following,it is vital that we put together a better squad of players this season than we had last season,some progress has been made,but nowhere near enough,i fully expect Malky's groupies to hit me hard with personal abuse on here,but thats ok,im use to it,but i urge those others on here who have doubts about our ability to tie down transfers to make their concerns known,what Hull City did today,we should be able to do tomorrow

When I saw the title of this thread I thought at last someone telling the whingers to pipe down. Imagine my surprise when I read this pile of utter bollox! How can you describe the Keogh story a fiasco? Fiasco how? Who in our club said Keogh is our number one target?

You have taken the numerous threads on message boards and stories in the Echo, put them all together and attributed them to the club. We enquired, made an offer and it was rejected. Derby have offered him big money, the captaincy and sent a loan player the other way to sweeten the deal. And they lost their main centre half with Shackell going to Burnley.

All in all they needed him whereas our need is nowhere near as great.

So please get a grip and chill out a bit!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:19 pm

I think Malky and the club are really cementing the foundations in, especially when it comes to buying players and sorting their contracts out.....there's big changes coming next season (I don't fully understand them) but its a must we get the finances right.

As for Keogh.....I felt last week that he wasn't sold on Cardiff, and I for one don't want a player who's only here for what he can get....move on....NEXT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: Slovenian ace

Postby angelis49 ยป Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:36 pm
I have just watched a video of this young striker, Etien Veiikonja,and i think Mackay has made a real gem of a signing,not only can he score spectacular goals but he seems to possess a real ability to poach goals to,reminds me very much of a taller version of Jimmy Greaves(yes im that old)....in my humble opinion, a very good signing, Malky...........................My dear taffyapple as you can see from the above i did praise Malky not just for this signing but also for the Mutch signing as well,if you would like to refer to your prised collection of my postings you might find my posting of young Mutch,i know your an honorable man unlike craig and will not hesitate to apologise for, on this rarest occasion, getting your facts wrong my dear boy

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:48 pm

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I do agree to be honest. The 'Malky test' is just beyond stupid. Also fans are to gutless to admit its true.

What's stupid about having standards and wanting to employ the right people?

Right people? Taarabt was the star of the show and was a big headed knob and had tantrums and wasn't the best person to have in the dressing room but still played the biggest role in the team sending them up so sh.