Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Get a grip now please

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:58 am

The Mackay loyalists can dress it up as much as they like,but what ever the reasons behind the Keogh transfer that wasn't,it has to be seen as a fiasco,another example of dithering by Mackay and his recruitment team, i have no doubt that the usual excuses will be trotted out by the club by the Mackay loyalists and by Malky's pet monkeys in the media,but now im beginning to think that a growing wedge of supporters are finding these excuses hard to swallow,i also fear that this will not be the only transfer fiasco to hit the club before the window closes.................i repeat that i hope im wrong because i want City to cast off the "always the bridesmaid" tag this season,but to do that Mackay and his recruitment team must now start to get a grip,there has been far to many loose ends regarding our dealings in the transfer market this season,and these loose ends need to be tied up now,i dont know if Keogh would have made a good addition to our squad or not,but i do know this,that according to Carl the Orical and the written media, the deal was as good as done,so what went wrong?.........

......i end this posting with the following,it is vital that we put together a better squad of players this season than we had last season,some progress has been made,but nowhere near enough,i fully expect Malky's groupies to hit me hard with personal abuse on here,but thats ok,im use to it,but i urge those others on here who have doubts about our ability to tie down transfers to make their concerns known,what Hull City did today,we should be able to do tomorrow

Re: Get a grip now please

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:00 am

Para, Para, Paragraphs...

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:09 am

Tell me I Bleed Blue........is there anything in my posting that you disagree with,instead of indulging in silly comments it may help the debate if you made your point of view known...just a thought dear boy

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:19 am

why would we overspend on a squad player??? we should take him on and accepts his demands, i dont think so....leave ur malky bashing and f**k off

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 am

angelis49 wrote:Tell me I Bleed Blue........is there anything in my posting that you disagree with,instead of indulging in silly comments it may help the debate if you made your point of view known...just a thought dear boy

I'm not going to lie as days go by I do worry about our lack of activity in the transfer window, the Malky exam does annoy me but it's to bring in the right player, I would consider myself a Malky 'groupie' or whatever but sometimes it's just down to the player going for the silly option, I do think we need a Director of Football here at the club, to sell the club to the player.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:27 am

oh dear God shut up you tart.

A manager compiles a report, puts their valuation on the player, asks for the backing to that amount and then pays what they believe the player is worth. At the end of the day, Keogh's demands were way OTT. He didn't want to play RB, one of the reasons we wanted him was cover at RB. His wage demands were ridiculous and some of the things i've been told in relation to his wage demands are beyond a joke so im glad the mercenary has settled up their with Derby. Malky knew his max value and max wage and he stuck by his guns like a good manager that doesn't get taken for a ride.

If Malky had bought him for over £1m and £20k plus wages you'd have been one of the first to have come on here and gone mad if Keogh turned out shit for us.

Our fans never change, just like under DJ everyone was loving it when he brought JLloyd Samuel in and then turned out to be a load of rubbish.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:31 am

angelis49 wrote:The Mackay loyalists can dress it up as much as they like,but what ever the reasons behind the Keogh transfer that wasn't,it has to be seen as a fiasco,another example of dithering by Mackay and his recruitment team, i have no doubt that the usual excuses will be trotted out by the club by the Mackay loyalists and by Malky's pet monkeys in the media,but now im beginning to think that a growing wedge of supporters are finding these excuses hard to swallow,i also fear that this will not be the only transfer fiasco to hit the club before the window closes.................i repeat that i hope im wrong because i want City to cast off the "always the bridesmaid" tag this season,but to do that Mackay and his recruitment team must now start to get a grip,there has been far to many loose ends regarding our dealings in the transfer market this season,and these loose ends need to be tied up now,i dont know if Keogh would have made a good addition to our squad or not,but i do know this,that according to Carl the Orical and the written media, the deal was as good as done,so what went wrong?...............i end this posting with the following,it is vital that we put together a better squad of players this season than we had last season,some progress has been made,but nowhere near enough,i fully expect Malky's groupies to hit me hard with personal abuse on here,but thats ok,im use to it,but i urge those others on here who have doubts about our ability to tie down transfers to make their concerns known,what Hull City did today,we should be able to do tomorrow

Oh god! Please remove this thread, it's thr best thing to do :withstupid:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 am

could someone re-write that please?

I literally can't face it.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:23 am

I do agree to be honest. The 'Malky test' is just beyond stupid. Also fans are to gutless to admit its true.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:43 am

angelis49
You have many good points in there but do not expect the happy clappers to realise what your trying to say.
:old:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:09 am

TBH The club knew CC had to pay sell on fees so we were well aware of what we had to pay to get him,the bonkers thing is if we had got him people would have said the club are spending as they promised to get us to the PL,we didn't get him because our offer wasn't good enough.Last week there was excitement about Keogh coming,this week it's f*** him he is greedy,well if we want to challenge and buy the better players they will all come at a price which is what the rebrand is about isn't it? so if the attitude is we will not overpay then I am afraid it is mid table mediocrity.I seen Keogh as strength in depth and can someone show me where he said he wouldn't play RB :? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:13 am

dazzyt wrote:TBH The club knew CC had to pay sell on fees so we were well aware of what we had to pay to get him,the bonkers thing is if we had got him people would have said the club are spending as they promised to get us to the PL,we didn't get him because our offer wasn't good enough.Last week there was excitement about Keogh coming,this week it's f*** him he is greedy,well if we want to challenge and buy the better players they will all come at a price which is what the rebrand is about isn't it? so if the attitude is we will not overpay then I am afraid it is mid table mediocrity.I seen Keogh as strength in depth and can someone show me where he said he wouldn't play RB :? :ayatollah:

Or he wanted to go to a club closer to home, be first choice in his preferred position and as captain.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:16 am

You said it Mate Get a grip....... It's obvious that either we didn't agree with Coventrys valuation, being reported Derby paid 1m plus :o or we wouldn't meet Keoghs wage demands and gaurantee him first team football. So we move onto other targets which i'm sure Malky has lined up all i would say is have some patience 4 weeks yet before we kick off the Championship Season against Huddersfield.

If we don't get any more players in before then then you would have some valid points but IMHO by then we will have in a winger a winger/striker ;) another stiker and cover at centre back hopefully you will then come back on and say how well Malky and the Board have done :roll: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:18 am

paying over the odds guaratees you nothing except maybe more debt ......how stupid to say if we dont over pay we will be mediocre ........mason ben turner gunnarson kiss conway cowie did we over pay to get any of them .....:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: no i dont think so ... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:19 am

2blue2handle wrote:
dazzyt wrote:TBH The club knew CC had to pay sell on fees so we were well aware of what we had to pay to get him,the bonkers thing is if we had got him people would have said the club are spending as they promised to get us to the PL,we didn't get him because our offer wasn't good enough.Last week there was excitement about Keogh coming,this week it's f*** him he is greedy,well if we want to challenge and buy the better players they will all come at a price which is what the rebrand is about isn't it? so if the attitude is we will not overpay then I am afraid it is mid table mediocrity.I seen Keogh as strength in depth and can someone show me where he said he wouldn't play RB :? :ayatollah:

Or he wanted to go to a club closer to home, be first choice in his preferred position and as captain.

Fair comment but if that's the case why has it dragged out this long?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:21 am

troobloo3339 wrote:paying over the odds guaratees you nothing except maybe more debt ......how stupid to say if we dont over pay we will be mediocre ........mason ben turner gunnarson kiss conway cowie did we over pay to get any of them .....:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: no i dont think so ... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I didn't say we would be mediocre I stated it's a fact of life,if you want the best you have to pay for them and the players you listed didn't get the job done last year did they?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:24 am

dazzyt wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I don't know how long it was dragged on for tbh.
I'm not sure how much we wanted him or when derby got involved.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:25 am

dazzyt wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Your points are valid regarding us knowing about the sell on clause but to be honest mate, I don't recall reading too much excitement about him joining us. Personally, whilst I understand and accept the points made about whether we are serious enough about targets to match the valuation put on them, I for one am not sorry that on this occasion it worked against us.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:34 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Your points are valid regarding us knowing about the sell on clause but to be honest mate, I don't recall reading too much excitement about him joining us. Personally, whilst I understand and accept the points made about whether we are serious enough about targets to match the valuation put on them, I for one am not sorry that on this occasion it worked against us.

fair comment :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:35 am

just like DJ before him, Malky will never be able to please all City fans.

The player himself has got a better deal locally so he doesn't have to relocate his family. Good for him.

Personally, I think we already have better here, so Keogh would have been a squad player. Too much money to fork out for someone who will warm the bench for the majority of the season. Also, we have been interested in him for some time. The player/Coventry City have had plenty of time to do the deal. But they (quite rightly) have stuck it out, got a few clubs to bid and maybe secured more for them and more for the player as a result.

Perhaps if anything, the last point is where City of the past could of learned from. Particularly thinking of letting Ramsey go for loose change when a number of top wealthy clubs were interested.

Malky, on the player search front... continue as you're doing as I don't want just any fecker here just because it's a new signing.

On the formation front... quit playing 4-5-1 at home to bottom of the table sides, reverting to hoofball mid-season to short-arse centre forwards. Continue the "in your face" putting pressure on the ball (on the floor) that we were so successful doing up until Christmas!

Amen.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:50 am

DandoCCFC wrote:I do agree to be honest. The 'Malky test' is just beyond stupid. Also fans are to gutless to admit its true.

What's stupid about having standards and wanting to employ the right people?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:50 am

It is clear that City did not want to pay the money. The deal could have been sealed months ago when City first made contact. The bid had been dragging on and dragging on long enough for other clubs to join the 'auction'. If City met Coventry's valuation from the start then Keogh would have been playing at CCS next season. City did not want to go to that valuation and as time went on other clubs joined the race (Derby/Leeds) etc.

It is a clear case that if City want a player they should be prepared to pay the going rate (from the 'transfer 'war chest' rather than trying to negotiate a better deal all the time or if a player is not wanted that much then just back out of the deal. I think deep down City did want due to the length of time the potential transfer carried on for (2 months). A lot depends how badly you want the target I suppose, depends on what transfer fee, wages, etc. you are prepared to pay. I still think that we need strengthening in other areas at first anyway (striker/wingers).

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:33 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:It is clear that City did not want to pay the money. The deal could have been sealed months ago when City first made contact. The bid had been dragging on and dragging on long enough for other clubs to join the 'auction'. If City met Coventry's valuation from the start then Keogh would have been playing at CCS next season. City did not want to go to that valuation and as time went on other clubs joined the race (Derby/Leeds) etc.

It is a clear case that if City want a player they should be prepared to pay the going rate (from the 'transfer 'war chest' rather than trying to negotiate a better deal all the time or if a player is not wanted that much then just back out of the deal. I think deep down City did want due to the length of time the potential transfer carried on for (2 months). A lot depends how badly you want the target I suppose, depends on what transfer fee, wages, etc. you are prepared to pay. I still think that we need strengthening in other areas at first anyway (striker/wingers).

Why should we of offered more money just because we have a 'war chest'? Malky did his homework on the player (or tha Malky test as its known) good thing about this test is Malky knows how good he thinks the player is and knows how much he values the player at, he clearly didn't value him over 800k and tbh neither would I, so I'm glad Malky stuck to his guns and wasn't cornered into making a bigger bid, Coventry only want more cos part of the fee goes to Carlisle, otherwise I'm confident he would of come for 800k.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:08 am

[/quote]
Why should we of offered more money just because we have a 'war chest'? Malky did his homework on the player (or tha Malky test as its known) good thing about this test is Malky knows how good he thinks the player is and knows how much he values the player at, he clearly didn't value him over 800k and tbh neither would I, so I'm glad Malky stuck to his guns and wasn't cornered into making a bigger bid, Coventry only want more cos part of the fee goes to Carlisle, otherwise I'm confident he would of come for 800k.[/quote]

Clearly there is nothing to say that the club has a war chest because very little was spent on transfers last year and to date approx 3m has been spent. I agree that the club are looking to spend wisely in that they will only pay the money that they consider that player (fee/wages) to be worth. A lot depends on how much City want a particular player. It so happens I would rather City spend money on a decent striker and winger rather than another centre back/full back. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:54 am

With the two exceptions.....BluebirdCarwyn and CraigCCFC » the response to my posting was measured and constructive and added to the debate,whether the postings agreed with my input or not,i took great heart from the fact that they were free from personal abuse.......thank you

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:07 pm

[quote="angelis49"]With the two exceptions.....BluebirdCarwyn and CraigCCFC » the response to my posting was measured and constructive and added to the debate,whether the postings agreed with my input or not,i took great heart from the fact that they were free from personal abuse.......thank you[/

My measured response is this:

If Jordan Mutch, a highly rated young player, can be signed as quickly as that
Then the blueprint must work. Kim Bo would lready be signed if not for
International clearance... Both far better players than Keogh.

If one of the things Malky avoids in a player is greedy spoilt b*stard who wants
The club to bend over backwards and promise a guy a first team place......

Well done Malky I say!!

Let's be honest now... You were nowhere to be seen when we signed Mutch
And have been conspicuous by your lack of paragraphs over Kim Bo......

Are you waiting for things to go wrong before posting?

Fair comment?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 pm

angelis49 wrote:The Mackay loyalists can dress it up as much as they like,but what ever the reasons behind the Keogh transfer that wasn't,it has to be seen as a fiasco,another example of dithering by Mackay and his recruitment team, i have no doubt that the usual excuses will be trotted out by the club by the Mackay loyalists and by Malky's pet monkeys in the media,but now im beginning to think that a growing wedge of supporters are finding these excuses hard to swallow,i also fear that this will not be the only transfer fiasco to hit the club before the window closes.................i repeat that i hope im wrong because i want City to cast off the "always the bridesmaid" tag this season,but to do that Mackay and his recruitment team must now start to get a grip,there has been far to many loose ends regarding our dealings in the transfer market this season,and these loose ends need to be tied up now,i dont know if Keogh would have made a good addition to our squad or not,but i do know this,that according to Carl the Orical and the written media, the deal was as good as done,so what went wrong?.........

......i end this posting with the following,it is vital that we put together a better squad of players this season than we had last season,some progress has been made,but nowhere near enough,i fully expect Malky's groupies to hit me hard with personal abuse on here,but thats ok,im use to it,but i urge those others on here who have doubts about our ability to tie down transfers to make their concerns known,what Hull City did today,we should be able to do tomorrow

I must say I think there are a number of good points in there Angelis except for MM and his recruitment team being responsible and also the reference to Carl. Firstly Carl reported that a bid had been made and that Keogh wanted to sign but all Carl was doing was passing on information he had been given. In relation to MM I will accept I'm a fully paid up member of his loyalty club but I having said that I really don't think this is down to him.

One thing which is certain is that missing out on Keogh adds another name to a growing list of missed targets and it does beg the question, as does your post, Why are we missing out on so many targets?

Derby have paid the same,£800k, as we offered but I have been told they offered a payment structure which will see Coventry receive ALL monies by January next year, our offer would have been May next year at the earliest. Derby also put in the sweetner of a player on a season loan whilst paying 1/2 his wages.

We have already made some good signings this window and more seem to be on the way which will help put us in a strong position for next season, but we must resolve the reasons behind missing out on an increasing number of targets.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Castleblue, we didnt miss out, we pulled the plug....there is a difference.

Angelis, the only time you post is to have a dig at Malky or the club....hence my comments to you.....when we sign players you say absolutely nothing.....so again.....just f**k off :)

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:52 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Castleblue, we didnt miss out, we pulled the plug....there is a difference.

Angelis, the only time you post is to have a dig at Malky or the club....hence my comments to you.....when we sign players you say absolutely nothing.....so again.....just f**k off :)

We pulled the plug and walked away.

Brilliant.

Now players and their agents will know we cannot be held to ransom.

Problem with the clowns on here is that If we went out and spend £20m on players they
Would be saying Malky is doing another Sven and just buying any old big name and we
Will go bust and we are doomed .

If we signed a feller in one day they'd be rushing on to Wikipedia and checking out old
Injuries and if the guy breaks down Malky should be sacked for negligence.

I seriously suspect that here really are a lot of jack bastards flooding this board

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:58 pm

MALKY OUT!!!! :roll: