Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHATS WRONG WITH OUR CLUB?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:51 am

castleblue wrote:I think the OP should ask this question in another way like "Is there something wrong with our club" because losing out to Derby for Richard Keogh is let's face another in what is becoming a long list of missed signings.

Whatever your opinion of Keogh as a player, of his transfer value, his wage demands or where he prefers to play the fact remains we lost out to another Championship team for his signature.

I have been told that Derby offered exactly the same as we did £800k but with a higher "Up front" figure and that's why Coventry accepted their offer and not ours. In my opinion our club releasing this "His agent was looking for more money" is bollocks because we officially never had permission to speak to this player. Why? Because we couldn't agree terms on how the transfer fee would be paid to Coventry.

Coventry are in desperate need for cash having failed to pay the rent on the Ricoh Arena for the past 2 months and the landlords threatening action if they miss this months payment. Derby were allowed to talk to this player because they agreed to provide Coventry with more cash NOW and that's the reason we lost out.

Is the hold up with Kimbo to do with how the transfer fee payments are structured is the "Problem", if we have one, that we are looking to do business but only on our terms.

In reality we are spending more money in this transfer window than any I can remember, and that's a huge positive, but I think we should be prepared to accept more disappointment because of the way we either want or need to structure payments.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gary, I have to agree with you, theres def something wrong. you only have to look at what happened in the transfer market in Jan 2011, then Jan 2012. Something just does not add up. Hmm

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:54 am

do any of you actually know what goes on in transfer discussions?

Thought not. Thats evident by the bilge in this thread.

Keogh couldnt (or wouldnt) agree to our terms - see you later and on to the next one.

Birmingham fans are up in arms that we prised Mutch away for £2m. We also brought in the highly thought of Joe Lewis We've spent over £1m on Etien Velikonja that malky has tracked for a number of seasons and whose scoring rate is significantly better than Miller's.

Malky obviouslty feels Kadeem Harris is set to make a mark this year, and I've no doubt we'll see improvements from Gestede and Ralls. Bringing your youth through the ranks is a sustainable way to run a club - Man Utd and Arsenal dont seem to have suffered from doing that.

Bellamy and Kim Bo plus 3 more and we'll have the strength in depth we missed last season. He's looking for 5 more signings at least.

the fact we are makign these signings and the first we hear about them is a formal announcement is a sign that at last we are doing our business properly. Oh and we've rebuffed 2 significant offers for Whittingham from a Premiership club - do you think that would have happened in previosu years? No, thought not.

I dont think theres anything wrong with our club based on what I've seen so far. Do you?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:54 am

CCFC are skint ..... OK Tan puts in £1.5mil per month for wages ( at 7% interest ) but that is all he does apart from build up a massive debt much bigger than Sam or Ridsdale did . I think Malky can only buy a player when we sell or move another out on loan ?? All the so called " failed bids " in my opinion are smokescrens to keep us the fans happy :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:I think the OP should ask this question in another way like "Is there something wrong with our club" because losing out to Derby for Richard Keogh is let's face another in what is becoming a long list of missed signings.

Whatever your opinion of Keogh as a player, of his transfer value, his wage demands or where he prefers to play the fact remains we lost out to another Championship team for his signature.

I have been told that Derby offered exactly the same as we did £800k but with a higher "Up front" figure and that's why Coventry accepted their offer and not ours. In my opinion our club releasing this "His agent was looking for more money" is bollocks because we officially never had permission to speak to this player. Why? Because we couldn't agree terms on how the transfer fee would be paid to Coventry.

Coventry are in desperate need for cash having failed to pay the rent on the Ricoh Arena for the past 2 months and the landlords threatening action if they miss this months payment. Derby were allowed to talk to this player because they agreed to provide Coventry with more cash NOW and that's the reason we lost out.

Is the hold up with Kimbo to do with how the transfer fee payments are structured is the "Problem", if we have one, that we are looking to do business but only on our terms.

In reality we are spending more money in this transfer window than any I can remember, and that's a huge positive, but I think we should be prepared to accept more disappointment because of the way we either want or need to structure payments.

Gary, I have to agree with you, theres def something wrong. you only have to look at what happened in the transfer market in Jan 2011, then Jan 2012. Something just does not add up. Hmm

Annis, I dont think that you really believe spending money for spendings sake is the way to run a football club. Whats wrong with doing business on our terms? Do you think Man Utd and the likes alow themselves to be dictated to? No they dont. Why shoudl we be any different?

This continuous sniping at the Malaysians is tiresome now - yes you are pissed of with the rebranding we all know that - but the way they are doing business in the close season AND spending cash in the transfer market on quality- come on you have to also give credit where it's due.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:05 am

Martyn1963 wrote:CCFC are skint ..... OK Tan puts in £1.5mil per month for wages ( at 7% interest ) but that is all he does apart from build up a massive debt much bigger than Sam or Ridsdale did . I think Malky can only buy a player when we sell or move another out on loan ?? All the so called " failed bids " in my opinion are smokescrens to keep us the fans happy :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

so skint we turned down a couple of million for Whittingham.

You, me and everyone else outside the boardroom hasnt got the first idea of what is going on. so why make ridiculous statements like we're skint?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis I have been told that Derby offered to pay the same as us for Keogh (£800K) and offered half up front with 2 further payments in October and January. We offered £250k now with further payments in January and May next year.

Our terms of payment were unacceptable to Coventry and that's why the deal got delayed it's the payments terms which are costing us. I believe it was payment terms which cost us the Noone signing in January and is almost certainly delaying the Kimbo signing.

The player has made a public statement saying he is coming to Cardiff, his club has said they have accepted the bid, International Transfer Certificates and Work Permits are not matters of negotitation but how payments of the transfer fee are structured are and in my opinion that's what is holding this deal up.

I hope we do not lose out on this player because we want to have extended terms of the payment schedule.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:16 am

RobbieS wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I dont think that you really believe spending money for spendings sake is the way to run a football club. Whats wrong with doing business on our terms? Do you think Man Utd and the likes alow themselves to be dictated to? No they dont. Why shoudl we be any different?

This continuous sniping at the Malaysians is tiresome now - yes you are pissed of with the rebranding we all know that - but the way they are doing business in the close season AND spending cash in the transfer market on quality- come on you have to also give credit where it's due.

Robbie, I'm finding agreeing with you easy.

Annis, we get you don't like the malaysians but ffs, build a bridge and get over it. This constant sniping is starting to piss people off.

The negativeness on this board is unreal.

The signings made so far, and the type of player we are trying to sign is a fine example of good business accument. (Not that the anti-red brigade would admit).

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:06 am

Waste of 6 weeks of chasing me IMO.

We knew the financial ball park weeks ago if it was deemed not what we wanted to pay we should have moved on then.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:19 am

Kim Bo Kyung - be patient, it will happen.

Richard Keogh - It's not the end of the world that he's not joining us. And if Malky withdrew from the negotiating then there must be a valid reason.

We move on.

Keep the faith.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 am

aj1927 wrote:guys you're kinda missing the point of the post.how long did the Noone saga go on for in january?
how many times were we told "we're very close" and nothing happend.

WE NEED TO SE IMPROVEMENTS MADE TO THE SQUAD ASAP!!! SURELY THAT IS NON DEBATABLE

the noone deal was agreed with the chief executive of brighton and it was the chairman of brighton who pulled the plug at the last minute.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:24 am

RoathMagic wrote:Funny how he's gone from an exciting player and coventrys player of the year..... And now he's decided to go elsewhere he's a squad player we shouldn't be too bothered about :old:

your home board of planet swamp agent dimi are saying the same things about sigi.
best thing since sliced bread last year but now he is at spurs he wasent all that. the nature of the ficlkle fans of both our clubs i'm afraid

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:38 am

If Malky has a budget then obviously he might have to juggle it a bit to get the players he wants. May be Keogh was a bit of a punt with what was left after the other targets had been catered for?

I really don't think it is unusual for targets to be missed and remember Keogh is Derby's main summer signing whilst we view him as being a simple addition to the squad.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 am

We haven't got Keogh because we refused to get fingered by his agent and Malky was the boss in this situation.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:56 pm

RobbieS wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:CCFC are skint ..... OK Tan puts in £1.5mil per month for wages ( at 7% interest ) but that is all he does apart from build up a massive debt much bigger than Sam or Ridsdale did . I think Malky can only buy a player when we sell or move another out on loan ?? All the so called " failed bids " in my opinion are smokescrens to keep us the fans happy :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

so skint we turned down a couple of million for Whittingham.

You, me and everyone else outside the boardroom hasnt got the first idea of what is going on. so why make ridiculous statements like we're skint?

Brilliant. And so true.

Under the previous regime Whitts would have been whisked away on a helicopter by now
Or advertised on E Bay

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:03 pm

aj1927 wrote:guys you're kinda missing the point of the post.how long did the Noone saga go on for in january?
how many times were we told "we're very close" and nothing happend.

WE NEED TO SE IMPROVEMENTS MADE TO THE SQUAD ASAP!!! SURELY THAT IS NON DEBATABLE

Noone was in the bag until the Brighton chairman pulled the plug, personally flying
Back from holiday to scupper the deal. So how the f**k can you point any fingers?
The classic line was. " we went in too early" ...... A week later, Bolton jump the
Sordelly transfer last minute offering premiership football and a huge wage. the the
Club were actually accused of leaving it to late to make a counter offer :lol:

Whitts staying. Much signing. Kim Bo. Jelanyika. Probably Bellamy. Definitely
A new striker else we wouldn't have let Miller go.... Yeh, the club are letting us
All down as usual :?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 pm

taffyapple wrote:Keogh prostituted himself to the Club that offered him the most. He had
An opportunity to come here, HE blew it, Cardiff City didn't!!!!

Kim Bo and Mutch are brilliant signings. Mackay has been after Veronica
For two years......

We know there is another striker coming in. Probably Bellamy too...

But f**k it eh. We should have offered Keogh 50k a week and an apartment
Block down the bay. Shown our intent!,,,

Spot on . Some people on here are clueless.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 pm

RobbieS wrote:this year, and I've no doubt we'll see improvements from Gestede

You was talking a lot of sense up to this point then you ruined it. :old:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:15 pm

CP76 wrote:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

We should do with Rudy what Frank did with Earnie - send him up to Scotland to get the shit kicked out of him for a year.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:21 pm

CP76 wrote:Waste of 6 weeks of chasing me IMO.

We knew the financial ball park weeks ago if it was deemed not what we wanted to pay we should have moved on then.

WHO said we were chasing him for six weeks?

For all anybody knows, we met him once offered him terms, offered Coventry terms
And left it there. Wales online? Are they the clubs official spokespeople now?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:48 pm

We're not skint, whos saying Malky hasnt got a better defender lined up?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:58 pm

taffyapple wrote:
CP76 wrote:Waste of 6 weeks of chasing me IMO.

WHO said we were chasing him for six weeks?

For all anybody knows, we met him once offered him terms, offered Coventry terms
And left it there. Wales online? Are they the clubs official spokespeople now?

Oh come on Taffy you must be dizzy with all this spinning.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:59 pm

RobbieS wrote:
CP76 wrote:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

We should do with Rudy what Frank did with Earnie - send him up to Scotland to get the shit kicked out of him for a year.

Only send him up there on a single ticket so he dont come back