Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHATS WRONG WITH OUR CLUB?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:46 pm

OUR OWNER SAY'S "WE'RE TARGETING THE TOP 2 THIS SEASON" OUR MANAGER THEN CONCURS WITH THIS STATEMENT.

Yet we cannot even close the deal for RICHARD KEOGH :?

I accept that his agent got his client a better offer and Cardiff were not willing to match it, but how long did the saga drag on for. They knew Coventry wanted £1m to cover a sell on clause but we stalled at £800k :?:
CB39 wanted his future sorted asap but Cardiff want to wait until after Olympics so it helps a marketing strategy.
Kimbo wants it asap,but his club are yet to fwd the documentation.

lots of rumors, stories and speculation about other players at our club and other clubs.

BUT STILL NO MOVEMENT.......STILL WE WAIT.......STILL WE HAVE A SQUAD THAT IS'NT GOOD ENOUGH

i used to wonder why im 31 and bald?

i think i know........

and its not because i shave my head :D

Re: WHATS WRONG WITH OUR CLUB?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Sorry mate Richard Keogh was not a player to get at all costs. The club set a budget for him and once that was exceeded we did the right thing and withdrew.

TBH I would be more annoyed if we had got into a bidding war.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Sorry mate Richard Keogh was not a player to get at all costs. The club set a budget for him and once that was exceeded we did the right thing and withdrew.

Totally agree.
It would be a disaster to pay over the odds for a squad player like him.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:03 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Sorry mate Richard Keogh was not a player to get at all costs. The club set a budget for him and once that was exceeded we did the right thing and withdrew.

im glad the club wasnt held to ransom for his wages but still we let KM walk away for nothing and refuse to pay £200k ontop of £800k to secure the deal weeks ago.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:04 pm

They were asking more than what we payed for Hudson and he wouldnt even start

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Dead right.

I would be very upset if we had (as is alleged for Derby):

- Paid £1.2m

- Agreed £12-13k per week

- Made him captain

- Allowed him to decide where he plays (CB not full back)

- Guaranteed him a starting position

- Offered a loan player for a year to sweeten the deal.

It was right to back out - not that we had ever really backed in (made a bid of about £800k for the player weeks back, but not accepted by Coventry and no negotiations with either Keogh or his agent, I understand)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:17 pm

guys you're kinda missing the point of the post.how long did the Noone saga go on for in january?
how many times were we told "we're very close" and nothing happend.

WE NEED TO SE IMPROVEMENTS MADE TO THE SQUAD ASAP!!! SURELY THAT IS NON DEBATABLE

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:20 pm

aj1927 wrote:guys you're kinda missing the point of the post.how long did the Noone saga go on for in january?

WE NEED TO SE IMPROVEMENTS MADE TO THE SQUAD ASAP!!! SURELY THAT IS NON DEBATABLE

So you want things to happen at the drop of a hat :lol: We were going to sign noone but the chairman stopped the transfer so completely irrelavent.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Funny how he's gone from an exciting player and coventrys player of the year..... And now he's decided to go elsewhere he's a squad player we shouldn't be too bothered about :old:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:22 pm

aj1927 wrote:OUR OWNER SAY'S "WE'RE TARGETING THE TOP 2 THIS SEASON" OUR MANAGER THEN CONCURS WITH THIS STATEMENT.

Yet we cannot even close the deal for RICHARD KEOGH :?

I accept that his agent got his client a better offer and Cardiff were not willing to match it, but how long did the saga drag on for. They knew Coventry wanted £1m to cover a sell on clause but we stalled at £800k :?:
CB39 wanted his future sorted asap but Cardiff want to wait until after Olympics so it helps a marketing strategy.
Kimbo wants it asap,but his club are yet to fwd the documentation.

lots of rumors, stories and speculation about other players at our club and other clubs.

BUT STILL NO MOVEMENT.......STILL WE WAIT.......STILL WE HAVE A SQUAD THAT IS'NT GOOD ENOUGH

i used to wonder why im 31 and bald?

i think i know........

and its not because i shave my head :D

Couldn't care less about Keogh. Not good enough to get into a bidding war over. Glad we didn't get him. What will you say if we get Bellamy, Kimbo and a couple of others? Too negative by far. Still 6 weeks to go until transfer deadline. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:23 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Funny how he's gone from an exciting player and coventrys player of the year..... And now he's decided to go elsewhere he's a squad player we shouldn't be too bothered about :old:

He would have been a squad player end of and used as a rotation but not worth spending the price wanted by Coventry and the wages. Your normally the one criticising if the club so much as spend so you can see the reason why we arent sooo dissapointed

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Overspending on mediocre players does not work, ask Liverpool how they feel about spending £20m on Downing :lol:

Rather we bought wisely just like Rodgers is doing with them. Its a patience game but once the season kicks off, if things dont go to plan, it dont look so bad and a massive waste of money. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:33 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Funny how he's gone from an exciting player and coventrys player of the year..... And now he's decided to go elsewhere he's a squad player we shouldn't be too bothered about :old:

He is still Coventry's player of the year 2011-12. That hasn't changed.

He is still a player that would have been CB/RB cover if Cardiff had signed him.

So this is not an outcome we should get too bothered about - no!

I hope he enjoys life at Derby and we stuff them next season (Gerrard header - back post!)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Whatz the problem ? We've got Ralls , Harris , the beermat & are now allegedly targetting the Dulwich wonderkid Lawson !? Meanwhile , Keogh plumps for Derby County ( this is the same Keogh certain people we're raving about last week and now seems unworthy of a place in our starting line-up ! ) Kim is nowhere to be seen ! Bellamy ?? Velikonja - on the bench for Maribor this week and tbh I'm not sure how good he is - maybe quality ,maybe not ! Millertime gone ! Cant offload - Gerrard , yet ! Hope MM aint fiddling a la Nero again this season - we need some quality players in otherwise I really fear for our season !Tan's Business Plan - YAWN ! KTF :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:38 pm

I didnt want him to sign in the first place. The only 2 players I've cared about us signing really are Velikonja and Kim Bo. The Bellamy deal, well I'll just wait and see if it materialises.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 pm

I can understand the frustration but are any of these announcements, regarding being close to this signing or that signing, coming out of the club (officially)?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:03 am

aj1927 wrote:guys you're kinda missing the point of the post.how long did the Noone saga go on for in january?

You are missing the point. If we signed every player we are linked with our wage bill would be bigger than the governments! Do you think Derby will finish above us as a direct result of signing Keogh?

Thought not!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 am

Coco wrote:Whatz the problem ? We've got Ralls , Harris , the beermat & are now allegedly targetting the Dulwich wonderkid Lawson !? Meanwhile , Keogh plumps for Derby County ( this is the same Keogh certain people we're raving about last week and now seems unworthy of a place in our starting line-up ! ) Kim is nowhere to be seen ! Bellamy ?? Velikonja - on the bench for Maribor this week and tbh I'm not sure how good he is - maybe quality ,maybe not ! Millertime gone ! Cant offload - Gerrard , yet ! Hope MM aint fiddling a la Nero again this season - we need some quality players in otherwise I really fear for our season !Tan's Business Plan - YAWN ! KTF :ayatollah:

Wow. It's upbeat stuff like this we need. You should become a fans spokesman. Anyone second that?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:15 am

I don't expect Cardiff to clinch every deal they are in for...
Nor do I want them to overspend on mediocre players ,
Nor do I want them to do what Leicester did last season.

However I am yet to see a "Statement of intent" by our heirachy that would suggest they mean buisness this season,
Because at the moment we're not a top 2 club.
Kimbo is clearly a marketing strategy for the far east as to is CB39, Ettien is an unknown quantity at this point.
I'm delighted we've signed Mutch and Lewis as I believ they will add better competition to the areas the play in.

But we are still lacking the strength in depth that has cost us every season prior .

You can call this negative/scaremongering or any thing else you want to call it, I'm not bothered.
But I've been told we will sign quality this year, even marquee.

Still waiting ..........

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:01 am

Keogh prostituted himself to the Club that offered him the most. He had
An opportunity to come here, HE blew it, Cardiff City didn't!!!!

Kim Bo and Mutch are brilliant signings. Mackay has been after Veronica
For two years......

We know there is another striker coming in. Probably Bellamy too...

But f**k it eh. We should have offered Keogh 50k a week and an apartment
Block down the bay. Shown our intent!,,,

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:44 am

taffyapple wrote:Keogh prostituted himself to the Club that offered him the most. He had

For two years......

Has Kim Bo finally signed yet then..? :?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:29 am

aj1927 wrote:I don't expect Cardiff to clinch every deal they are in for...
Nor do I want them to overspend on mediocre players ,
Nor do I want them to do what Leicester did last season.

However I am yet to see a "Statement of intent" by our heirachy that would suggest they mean buisness this season,
Because at the moment we're not a top 2 club.
Kimbo is clearly a marketing strategy for the far east as to is CB39, Ettien is an unknown quantity at this point.
I'm delighted we've signed Mutch and Lewis as I believ they will add better competition to the areas the play in.

But we are still lacking the strength in depth that has cost us every season prior .

You can call this negative/scaremongering or any thing else you want to call it, I'm not bothered.
But I've been told we will sign quality this year, even marquee.

Still waiting ..........

Who told you marquee signings? I ain't seen anything from the club about that.
It's up to MM how he spends his money, he has been given a budget he is happy with and he has said he plans to spend it all.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:32 am

Aj theres a simple answer to everything even the blagg the club tell certain people to keep the fans onside, Its MONEY thats all it boils down to i bet the red clappers are wondering what the hell this rebrand was about because as we stand we got a worse squad with less players than last season. Plus we are no better off than last season or the season before it. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:43 am

First of all I agree that Keogh was not a priority signing but the statement that Cardiff pulled out of the deal an hour before he signed for Derby .... Really ! And now this "red tape" b@ll@x with Kymbo. I worked with Japanese folk for 25 years and I can tell you the hold up will not be at their end. The problem lies with us , again most likely not willing to meet their terms or conditions. If we can't match what the club or player are asking for then move on ! Why are we dragging it out and giving other clubs the opportunity to jump in ?
I have no confidence in that we will seal either the Kymbo or Bellamy deal .

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:45 am

Angry Man wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Keogh prostituted himself to the Club that offered him the most. He had

For two years......

FINALLY signed?

It's been about a week. He's Coming from Japan.

Or are Cardiff City the only club who deliberately bog ourselves down with
International red tape?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:00 am

taffyapple wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

For two years......

FINALLY signed?

International red tape?

Don't believe this propaganda b@ll@x like "red tape" and "we pulled out of the deal" If all parties were in agreement the deal would be done , simples !

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:15 am

I think the OP should ask this question in another way like "Is there something wrong with our club" because losing out to Derby for Richard Keogh is let's face another in what is becoming a long list of missed signings.

Whatever your opinion of Keogh as a player, of his transfer value, his wage demands or where he prefers to play the fact remains we lost out to another Championship team for his signature.

I have been told that Derby offered exactly the same as we did £800k but with a higher "Up front" figure and that's why Coventry accepted their offer and not ours. In my opinion our club releasing this "His agent was looking for more money" is bollocks because we officially never had permission to speak to this player. Why? Because we couldn't agree terms on how the transfer fee would be paid to Coventry.

Coventry are in desperate need for cash having failed to pay the rent on the Ricoh Arena for the past 2 months and the landlords threatening action if they miss this months payment. Derby were allowed to talk to this player because they agreed to provide Coventry with more cash NOW and that's the reason we lost out.

Is the hold up with Kimbo to do with how the transfer fee payments are structured is the "Problem", if we have one, that we are looking to do business but only on our terms.

In reality we are spending more money in this transfer window than any I can remember, and that's a huge positive, but I think we should be prepared to accept more disappointment because of the way we either want or need to structure payments.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:22 am

taffyapple wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

For two years......

FINALLY signed?

International red tape?

Is he walking then or driving..? opps don't tell me he catching the trans siberia :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:12 am

castleblue wrote:I think the OP should ask this question in another way like "Is there something wrong with our club" because losing out to Derby for Richard Keogh is let's face another in what is becoming a long list of missed signings.

Whatever your opinion of Keogh as a player, of his transfer value, his wage demands or where he prefers to play the fact remains we lost out to another Championship team for his signature.

I have been told that Derby offered exactly the same as we did £800k but with a higher "Up front" figure and that's why Coventry accepted their offer and not ours. In my opinion our club releasing this "His agent was looking for more money" is bollocks because we officially never had permission to speak to this player. Why? Because we couldn't agree terms on how the transfer fee would be paid to Coventry.

Coventry are in desperate need for cash having failed to pay the rent on the Ricoh Arena for the past 2 months and the landlords threatening action if they miss this months payment. Derby were allowed to talk to this player because they agreed to provide Coventry with more cash NOW and that's the reason we lost out.

Is the hold up with Kimbo to do with how the transfer fee payments are structured is the "Problem", if we have one, that we are looking to do business but only on our terms.

In reality we are spending more money in this transfer window than any I can remember, and that's a huge positive, but I think we should be prepared to accept more disappointment because of the way we either want or need to structure payments.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree!
Buyer : enquiry to club
Seller : Club evaluate enquiry and send quotation / term and conditions
Buyer : Club evaluates quote and decides to place bid / purchase order
Seller : verifies bid matches quote and acknowledges or rejects
Only then should the player be able to speak with the buying club.

Keogh - drags on for weeks and then they announce 1 hr before that they pull out.... Laughable

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:46 am

We skint