Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lost my job today

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Got laid off from work. I've been with Everest home improvements for two and a half years as a temporary employee. If any 1 knows of any general jobs Available it would be much appreciated if you posted them here.thanks, nick. :)

Re: Lost my job today

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:45 pm

nick_strin wrote:Got laid off from work. I've been with Everest home improvements for two and a half years as a temporary employee. If any 1 knows of any general jobs Available it would be much appreciated if you posted them here.thanks, nick. :)

Sorry to hear that. I was made redundant in mid December 2011, after 19 years at the same place. Hoping to start a new job in the next 2 weeks or so. Hopefully, it won't take you as long to get a new job.

Good luck.

:thumbup:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Good luck mate - never easy. I got so fed up of being made redundant I started a business in the end.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Sorry to hear that Nick, Hope you get sorted asap :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Sorry to hear that Nick.....Hope you find something soon :ayatollah: ......may'be look further afield. I work away and although it's not ideal, It's work. I'll keep my ear to the ground fella :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Best of luck to those trying to find jobs. Im sure a few will arise with these idiots going on strike in the near future. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:43 pm

nick_strin wrote:Got laid off from work. I've been with Everest home improvements for two and a half years as a temporary employee. If any 1 knows of any general jobs Available it would be much appreciated if you posted them here.thanks, nick. :)

WWW.indeed.com

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:07 pm

The advice I always give job seekers is to play the numbers game and apply for as many jobs as possible. Also try tailoring your CV to what the ad is asking for ;)

Not 100% honest but hey this is a dog eat dog world.

Best of luck

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Sorry to hear that mate, hope u get something soon :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Lots of work at Tata Steel Port Talbot Contractors working there looking for people No4 Blast Furnace rebuild going on for 4 months labouring etc

Do a bit of digging about

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Should of mentioned if you don't mind agency work PM Angry Man (Adam Brown) he has plenty of work apparently

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Thanks for the replies. Nice to see some genuine replies instead of some sarky comments :ayatollah: I know im not the only person in this position at the moment, good to see city fans looking our for each other whether blue or red :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:00 pm

My company is taking on people. We work withing new media on it IT side providing analysis, not sure if that's any help, if so PM me.