Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PREMIER CLUB DIAMOND MEETING

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:38 pm

They are not making any changes to the diamond package.

They are splitting the 3rd floor into a bar and separate resturant area. The bar area to be exclusive to diamond members and I guess their guests. If you have a seat anywhere else but dine in the resturant then before the game starts you have to go back to your seat. You then are not allowed back on the 3rd floor.

Previous to this you had your table for the whole day. This will now only apply to diamond members.

The bar area will also have a hot food area where non diners can still pick up some food without having to go to level four.

New diamond members will also be asked to pay a joining fee. No mention of what this will be.

Only 30 or so Diamond members turned up and in all seriousness only 5 or so were fans. Disappointing but I guess but many of the members do not actually care about the football or the club. As one told me, "I use the club to network". I was thinking tosser but for once kept quiet. The rest were just interested in not allowing people to wear trainers and can we have free bisuits at half time.

The concourse area on level two of the grandstand is to be named the EDDIE MAY BAR. I also spoke to Dennis Tabbot the catering manager about pricing and he said its arranged by Compass bigwigs and nothing to do with him. He mentioned that Compass pay CCFC £30,000 a month for the contract. I guess that all adds upto the prices charged. They are supposedly going to be doing a "cottage pie" that is going to be bigger and tastier than the Peters version they currently sell. It was sampled at last weeks convention and it went really well. Guess you can tell from my pictue I am not a small chap so food is also important to me.

At the Julian did say that CCFC did not uphold their side of the agreement that the original founders signed up for. He told us that the meeting was very difficult for level 4 members. A few diamond members pointed out what was said about having access to a premier club manager to handle enquiries. Having ccfc organise tickets for other events etc. Basically he said sorry and said we are now drawing a line in the sand and this is what we are going to offer from now on.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the new season brings and hope that things not only improve off the pitch but also on it. Unlike the majority who turned up for yesterday's meeting I am a fan first and foremost. My business was doing ok so thought lets treat myself. Lesson learned for me. Should have stayed with the real fans.

Anyway, two more seasons and then back to sit with the real fans.

Ps. Asked Alan whitley about Kimbo. He said the deal is not quite done.

Re: PREMIER CLUB DIAMOND MEETING

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks for that interesting read giving an insight to the Prawn Sandwhich brigade :lol:

Is the £30k p/m just for the diamond area or the whole Compass contract?

Re: PREMIER CLUB DIAMOND MEETING

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Thanks for that interesting read giving an insight to the Prawn Sandwhich brigade :lol:

Is the £30k p/m just for the diamond area or the whole Compass contract?

I think it was for the whole of the ground.