Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Derby land Richard Keogh

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Considering our win rate vs Derby is quite good in past few seasons I hope we stuff them as always! :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Taffs Well Blue wrote:Derby can offer him first team football, whilst a squad player for us and he does not have to uproot his family, makes sense but does show a lack of ambition

He will also be Derby captain and most likely play CB his preferred position.
BBC suggests the deal is 1m+ :shock:

They were desperate for a defender after Schakell went Burnley. In all honesty I'm kinda glad we didn't start a bidding war because we could have ended up spending stupid money.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:34 pm

I'm personally happy it fell through - something wasn't right from the off.

I also personally believe that Darcey Blake is a better player than Keogh. So we still have cover until we find a suitable replacement for Gerrard. (who we assume is off!)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:36 pm

derby have bought keogh to replace shackell,hell be starting CB for them and possibly captain
hed have been a permanent fixture on the bench for us so you can see where the player is coming from

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Do I look bothered

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:43 pm

I feel he never wanted to join us and always wanted a move on solely his turns, only wanting to play certain positions and we do not need players like that we can get better imo but que the "malaysians are not doing shit" keogh obviously was making it awkward for himself, feck him

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:17 pm

castleblue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Quite annoyed that he cancelled his medical and joined Derby.

There never was any medical booked because Coventry NEVER gave us permission to talk to the player.

Smoke and Mirrors here pure and simple. As I see this his agent rang the club today and said Derby have made an offer which is acceptable to the player if you really are interested you had better get on and make an offer to Coventry that is acceptable to them. We didn't and the club leak information saying the player was looking for more money. As I say smoke and mirrors.

With the budget MM has alledgedly at his disposal, and he said he was massively impressed by it, we should be looking at our main targets.

We've been outbid by Derby for one of our main targets. How does that work. :?
Thank you Castleblue for confirming my answer to Carl Curtis saying the Club pulled out. Coventry turned our offers down (2)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thank you Castleblue.
Coventry ignored Cardiffs offer's (2) I understand so the player never even discussed terms with us never mind have a medical
arranged. As i said much earlier in Carl Curtis's post saying we pulled out, that depends how you look at it.
In reality we were never close as we never spoke to the player to make him an offer for him to be greedy or otherwise.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Derby offered first team football and Keogh got what he wanted as Cardiff wont offer first team football plus if keogh was that good bigger clubs than us and Derby would be after him. I was not that impressed that we were signing him to be honest as we can get cheaper and as good

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:49 pm

It's no big deal we didn't get keogh as our defence is strong enough and there are other targets on malkys list I'm sure, plus the keogh money and wages can be used towards strengthening elsewhere like using more money on wingers or strikers so chill out people

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:30 pm

I agree with the majority of the posts on here. Keogh is not all that.....time to move on

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:42 pm

This is getting beyond a joke now.Why ain't we strengthening? No ambition,a load of bollocks.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:10 pm

almaff wrote:This is getting beyond a joke now.Why ain't we strengthening? No ambition,a load of bollocks.

Seems to be steady progress and sensible decisions to me.