Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PCS union are a disgrace

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:19 pm

How on earth are you going to generate public support when you call a strike before the Olympics!!!! :twisted:

Re: PCS union are a disgrace

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:14 pm

you call a strike to cause maximum disruption.........not win friends.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Denzil wrote:you call a strike to cause maximum disruption.........not win friends.

they need public support and they will never get it this way

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

People who strike during the Olympics should all be sacked. Plenty of people who want to work but cant find jobs as well as loads of students. Teach them a lesson, when they return for work tell them that whilst they were striking human resources employed newer people in their positions.

Its annoying that they can just organise a strike at the drop of a hat to cause disruption to many peoples lives. Around that time im supposed to be going on a calculus seminar in London and its likely I'll be one of those disrupted so my research is going to be disrupted by idiots who think they're somehow entitled to more pay. I dont even get paid for the work I do, its all for education yet these people in jobs you barely need to be educated in to fulfil are whinging that they are owed something.

No wonder this country is going down the pan.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Denzil wrote:you call a strike to cause maximum disruption.........not win friends.

they need public support and they will never get it this way

Depends whether or not the public are mugs and just believe the media.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:25 pm

for your information you cant strike at the drop of a hat..you have to have a postal ballott which in some cases takes months to organise.
working class union members dont strike for fun by the way.......they lose money and its always a last resort.
if your grandfathers and grandmothers had not gone on strike for better pay and conditions we would still be having christmas day for a holiday and shoving kids up chimneys.........read the history books........go to a library and educate yourself about social history and the struggle of the working class over the last 200 years.
remember they may only be 30% of the working population in unions but the other 70% owe them for their decent pay and conditions............no big company gives money away that it does not have to. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:31 pm

Reminiscent of the Air Traffic Controllers Strike of 1981. They called a strike in the middle of summer, made ridiculous demands, had absolutely no support from the public, so Reagan sacked them all en masse and banned them from future employment.

History A-Level 8-)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:36 pm

ha ha ha you people are so sad........lets all drag ourselves down to the bottom fighting over the scraps that the capitalists give us. let them cut our pay.......cut our holidays.........make us work longer........cut our benefits........take away our pensions..............????????
while they pay themselves big pay rises.......big bonuses...........huge pension funds.......and early retirement.

wake up smell the coffee...........stop reading the daily mail and all those other tory rags........get a mind of your own.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Denzil wrote:ha ha ha you people are so sad........lets all drag ourselves down to the bottom fighting over the scraps that the capitalists give us. let them cut our pay.......cut our holidays.........make us work longer........cut our benefits........take away our pensions..............????????
while they pay themselves big pay rises.......big bonuses...........huge pension funds.......and early retirement.

wake up smell the coffee...........stop reading the daily mail and all those other tory rags........get a mind of your own.

"Get a mind of your own". Ironic considering you're regurgitating the same old bland, mindless, left-wing rhetoric.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Denzil wrote:for your information you cant strike at the drop of a hat..you have to have a postal ballott which in some cases takes months to organise.
working class union members dont strike for fun by the way.......they lose money and its always a last resort.
if your grandfathers and grandmothers had not gone on strike for better pay and conditions we would still be having christmas day for a holiday and shoving kids up chimneys.........read the history books........go to a library and educate yourself about social history and the struggle of the working class over the last 200 years.
remember they may only be 30% of the working population in unions but the other 70% owe them for their decent pay and conditions............no big company gives money away that it does not have to. :ayatollah:

What a load of nonsense. A lot of them do it through self fuelled greed. There are plenty of people out there who would happily take those jobs because they earn nothing. Yes they take months to organise but they still happen far too frequently and that was the point so in essence it is at a drop of a hat because they should not be sanctioned on a whim like this one as plenty of politicians have stated. They are going to cause mass disruption to other peoples lives and they always do. If they dont like their pay then quit and go and invent something, go and dedicate your time to something else in life. You are not owed anything. When people commit to contracts they fully know well growth is dependent on the economy, factors within their company so they cannot profess to be surprised at not having a pay rise.

As for you saying 'go and educate yourself', I know fully well the circumstances in relation to social history because I've studied it and have a keen interest in international politics at university and take part in debating even though im on an engineering course.

'Shoving kids up chimneys', What a drama queen. :lol: Society as a whole has moved on since then or do you propose strikes are also the reason for a more accepted approach to sexualisation on the TV as well? Society moves forward as newer generations come through and more inventions and so forth are found which make life easier. Thats a fact. Society learns from education, not from striking and disruption.

No big company should have to give money away either. These people CHOOSE to take said position within a company and they therefore should take it on board that there may not always be a pay rise.

But yes, let everyone keep striking but then dont moan when Eastern European immigrants come in and walks into a job because he's willing to do whats needed to live a normal life. The problem in this country is people want so much, they want to live a massive consumerist lifestyle for next to nothing.

If strikes are so amazing then please, oh wise one, tell me why the steel industry, ship building, engineering, car manufacturing suffered, over a period of years, from continuing strikes from a variety of issues?

And they wonder why so many children in this god forsaken country cant even spell or do basic arithmetic when teachers are bloody striking all the time to suit their own selfish needs. Set a good example by teaching kids, not by striking. Im only in my early 20's but the attitude towards work in this country is a disgrace. In America or Canada if you had such an attitude so often you'd be told to get lost because their attitude to work is working, not 'lets see what i can squeeze out of this one'.

Do you think these advances wouldn't have been made if it wasn't for strikes? If you do then you are more blinkered than one can simply comprehend.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Employers are SHITTING all over there employees because they do not recognise unions within organisations anymore. How can one person stand up against his company? I am sick of hearing....'If you don't like it then feck off and I will get someone else in to do your job'. Consequently people will do anything to keep their job no matter how unpallatable!!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:02 pm

RedBluebird wrote:People who strike during the Olympics should all be sacked. Plenty of people who want to work but cant find jobs as well as loads of students. Teach them a lesson, when they return for work tell them that whilst they were striking human resources employed newer people in their positions.

Its annoying that they can just organise a strike at the drop of a hat to cause disruption to many peoples lives. Around that time im supposed to be going on a calculus seminar in London and its likely I'll be one of those disrupted so my research is going to be disrupted by idiots who think they're somehow entitled to more pay. I dont even get paid for the work I do, its all for education yet these people in jobs you barely need to be educated in to fulfil are whinging that they are owed something.

one of the reasons they are striking is alot of them have been made redundant and brought back on a temporary basis for the olympics also new staff taken on who have not had the correct training (putting our country at risk) just for the olympics. if the goverment hadnt cut the staff so drastically when they were needed we wouldnt be in this mess. As you stated plenty of people want jobs but look what happened when G4 promised people jobs those that were lucky enough to get a reply and an offer are not even trained correctly

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:11 pm

bluecyw wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:People who strike during the Olympics should all be sacked. Plenty of people who want to work but cant find jobs as well as loads of students. Teach them a lesson, when they return for work tell them that whilst they were striking human resources employed newer people in their positions.

one of the reasons they are striking is alot of them have been made redundant and brought back on a temporary basis for the olympics also new staff taken on who have not had the correct training (putting our country at risk) just for the olympics. if the goverment hadnt cut the staff so drastically when they were needed we wouldnt be in this mess. As you stated plenty of people want jobs but look what happened when G4 promised people jobs those that were lucky enough to get a reply and an offer are not even trained correctly

Call me cynical.......................but weren't G4S given a £300 million contract to provide security? Did they not have enough time to take staff on? Or are they just like many Greedy b*stard employers who tried to do things on the cheap to make more profit (undoubtedly for their SHAREHOLDERS). This is the EPIDEMIC that we suffer from in this country. I have no problem with Profit for shareholders.....I have a problem with the DISGUSTING profit that these companies make at the detriment of the rest of us. CLASSIC Fat Cats getting fatter while the rest of us feed off the scraps. WHO needs the sort of money that these greedy twats earn? Share the wealth about for Christ sake!!!!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:12 pm

skybluebird wrote:Employers are SHITTING all over there employees because they do not recognise unions within organisations anymore. How can one person stand up against his company? I am sick of hearing....'If you don't like it then feck off and I will get someone else in to do your job'. Consequently people will do anything to keep their job no matter how unpallatable!!

Nonsense. The average wage in the UK is very fair and enough to get by on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... alary.html

The woman in question is deluded. Her salary is £21,176

My husband earns about £29,500 a year, and we're ticking over. We're certainly not living the most comfortable life. Rent is £320 a month and shopping is at least £300 a month because of nappies.

So between them they earn £50,000 per year gross, roughly £38,000 after tax and this stupid woman is trying to tell us they cant live on that.

£320 per month for rent = £3840
£300 per month for food = £3600
£200 per month on petrol = £2400

Im ignoring the child realistically. If they were so financially unstable why did the MORON's have a child? But lets factor in the child just for arguments sake. £4500 for care. Now the total is up to just shy of 15k. So we're saying that there is around 23k for their student loans to be paid which is a mere 9% of what they earn above the threshold. That woman earns next to nothing over £15k so it wont be high. His will be higher. Then bills as well - electricity, water rates, gas etc.

OH BUT THE £5000 honeymoon on the credit card aye? I SURE AS HELL KNOW IF I WAS STRUGGLING I WOULD NOT BE PUTTING 5K ON A CREDIT CARD. Therefore im guessing its all nonsense because that is exactly what it is.

'What we earn, we're spending'. Well you're clearly wasting a lot of it on luxuries and not necessities then. This is the problem with modern Britain, there is a 'WANT, WANT, WANT'. People think they are more important than they are when they should be fortunate that there is a world class level of education at university standard in place that gives them the opportunity to do such jobs.

As for them thinking the job they do is worth more, they knew the salary before going into education or training for that profession so they knew what they were getting into. If they wanted to live a life of luxury why didn't they study law, get into banking or set up a business themselves?

Look further down and another story where two financially unstable people have had children and are complaining about money. These people who think the state should support their kids are beyond a joke. Take responsibility for your actions. If you have to go without a TV because your child needs frigging nappies then so be it, I'd do it if I brought a kid into the world. The thing is, im not that frigging stupid and im going to wait until im financially able to support a kid. It isn't hard, just be responsible.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:19 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
Denzil wrote:for your information you cant strike at the drop of a hat..you have to have a postal ballott which in some cases takes months to organise.

What a load of nonsense. A lot of them do it through self fuelled greed. There are plenty of people out there who would happily take those jobs because they earn nothing. Yes they take months to organise but they still happen far too frequently and that was the point so in essence it is at a drop of a hat because they should not be sanctioned on a whim like this one as plenty of politicians have stated. They are going to cause mass disruption to other peoples lives and they always do. If they dont like their pay then quit and go and invent something, go and dedicate your time to something else in life. You are not owed anything. When people commit to contracts they fully know well growth is dependent on the economy, factors within their company so they cannot profess to be surprised at not having a pay rise.

As for you saying 'go and educate yourself', I know fully well the circumstances in relation to social history because I've studied it and have a keen interest in international politics at university and take part in debating even though im on an engineering course.

'Shoving kids up chimneys', What a drama queen. :lol: Society as a whole has moved on since then or do you propose strikes are also the reason for a more accepted approach to sexualisation on the TV as well? Society moves forward as newer generations come through and more inventions and so forth are found which make life easier. Thats a fact. Society learns from education, not from striking and disruption.

No big company should have to give money away either. These people CHOOSE to take said position within a company and they therefore should take it on board that there may not always be a pay rise.

But yes, let everyone keep striking but then dont moan when Eastern European immigrants come in and walks into a job because he's willing to do whats needed to live a normal life. The problem in this country is people want so much, they want to live a massive consumerist lifestyle for next to nothing.

If strikes are so amazing then please, oh wise one, tell me why the steel industry, ship building, engineering, car manufacturing suffered, over a period of years, from continuing strikes from a variety of issues?

And they wonder why so many children in this god forsaken country cant even spell or do basic arithmetic when teachers are bloody striking all the time to suit their own selfish needs. Set a good example by teaching kids, not by striking. Im only in my early 20's but the attitude towards work in this country is a disgrace. In America or Canada if you had such an attitude so often you'd be told to get lost because their attitude to work is working, not 'lets see what i can squeeze out of this one'.

Do you think these advances wouldn't have been made if it wasn't for strikes? If you do then you are more blinkered than one can simply comprehend.

unfortunately i never went to university so i never debated any of this there......but i have maneaged to hold down 2 jobs and never claimed any benefits while educating myself through local colleges and finally the open university. I am not a drama queen or a lefty........simply a working man.My grandfather was put to work in the coal mines of south wales at 13 years of age because his family was poverty striken due to pay cuts from mine owners and increases in food from the shops they again owned and the houses they rented out.when he went on strike for 7 months in 1926 he was starved back to work with malnutrition........then told he would work a longer day for half the pay.But he fought and fought for every holiday and right we have today...........and people like you who have no stomach for the fight.........no backbone........no sence of morality want to see all that taken away. It really saddens me that we have come to this..........beware!!!! all of you because you never know who is next........and if you have not helped your brother he may not be there for you.
Check the history books and you will find that increases in public holidays and company holidays only increased after the introduction of free trade unions and collective bargaining. Some people in the farming industry never even had one day of a year ?????????

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:21 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
skybluebird wrote:Employers are SHITTING all over there employees because they do not recognise unions within organisations anymore. How can one person stand up against his company? I am sick of hearing....'If you don't like it then feck off and I will get someone else in to do your job'. Consequently people will do anything to keep their job no matter how unpallatable!!

My husband earns about £29,500 a year, and we're ticking over. We're certainly not living the most comfortable life. Rent is £320 a month and shopping is at least £300 a month because of nappies.

So between them they earn £50,000 per year gross, roughly £38,000 after tax and this stupid woman is trying to tell us they cant live on that.

Im ignoring the child realistically. If they were so financially unstable why did the MORON's have a child? But lets factor in the child just for arguments sake. £4500 for care. Now the total is up to just shy of 15k. So we're saying that there is around 23k for their student loans to be paid which is a mere 9% of what they earn above the threshold. That woman earns next to nothing over £15k so it wont be high. His will be higher. Then bills as well - electricity, water rates, gas etc.

OH BUT THE £5000 honeymoon on the credit card aye? I SURE AS HELL KNOW IF I WAS STRUGGLING I WOULD NOT BE PUTTING 5K ON A CREDIT CARD. Therefore im guessing its all nonsense because that is exactly what it is.

'What we earn, we're spending'. Well you're clearly wasting a lot of it on luxuries and not necessities then. This is the problem with modern Britain, there is a 'WANT, WANT, WANT'. People think they are more important than they are when they should be fortunate that there is a world class level of education at university standard in place that gives them the opportunity to do such jobs.

As for them thinking the job they do is worth more, they knew the salary before going into education or training for that profession so they knew what they were getting into. If they wanted to live a life of luxury why didn't they study law, get into banking or set up a business themselves?

Look further down and another story where two financially unstable people have had children and are complaining about money. These people who think the state should support their kids are beyond a joke. Take responsibility for your actions. If you have to go without a TV because your child needs frigging nappies then so be it, I'd do it if I brought a kid into the world. The thing is, im not that frigging stupid and im going to wait until im financially able to support a kid. It isn't hard, just be responsible.

I think you have missed my point I am not arguing individual cases. What I am saying is that since the Unions were decimated (and I know that they had too much power) it has now become far too easy to treat your employees abysmally. It seems that LOTS of employers know the state of the employment market out there/lack of jobs and use this as an opportunity to 'bully' their staff. I believe if you treat a person decently they will repay you more than if you treat them like shit. Kick a dog and he will bite you.......treat him well and he will do anything for you.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:23 pm

RedBluebird wrote:

My wife loves you now................ha ha ha ha because I just gave her a big kiss and thanked the lord i married her and not someone like you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Denzil wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

My wife loves you now................ha ha ha ha because I just gave her a big kiss and thanked the lord i married her and not someone like you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lassic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Denzil wrote:
unfortunately i never went to university so i never debated any of this there......but i have maneaged to hold down 2 jobs and never claimed any benefits while educating myself through local colleges and finally the open university. I am not a drama queen or a lefty........simply a working man.My grandfather was put to work in the coal mines of south wales at 13 years of age because his family was poverty striken due to pay cuts from mine owners and increases in food from the shops they again owned and the houses they rented out.when he went on strike for 7 months in 1926 he was starved back to work with malnutrition........then told he would work a longer day for half the pay.But he fought and fought for every holiday and right we have today...........and people like you who have no stomach for the fight.........no backbone........no sence of morality want to see all that taken away. It really saddens me that we have come to this..........beware!!!! all of you because you never know who is next........and if you have not helped your brother he may not be there for you.
Check the history books and you will find that increases in public holidays and company holidays only increased after the introduction of free trade unions and collective bargaining. Some people in the farming industry never even had one day of a year ?????????

Im not saying those things aren't bad, they obviously are, but the people of today ARE NOT in the same position your grandfather was unfortunately in today. Poverty in Britain today is minimal. You see a few people on streets here and there but never like in the old days because the minimal level of a satisfactory life has increased. If there were people in your grandfathers position where malnutrition is happening, where people are struggling, I would back the strikes. The simple fact is that these people striking are quite comfortable when it comes to the requirements for a basic life but they want extra money so they can have the luxuries or spend an extra £500 on their child at christmas. People can easily live a basic life with a few luxuries and get by on todays wages but instead they'd rather scream that they want more whilst disrupting the lives of others.

Most Britain's dont know what real poverty is. We've been fortunate to be brought up in a part of the world we're it rarely occurs in this day and age. There is greed at the top but that isn't resolved by being greedy at the bottom. We resolve that over the years of education about politics and economics. Two wrongs dont make a right and people striking just because they want more luxuries they think they are owed for the job they do puts them on the same level as those at the top who are greedy.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Denzil wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:

I wouldn't marry her either. British birds are damn ugly and have disgusting teeth. :D

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:35 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
Denzil wrote:

Im not saying those things aren't bad, they obviously are, but the people of today ARE NOT in the same position your grandfather was unfortunately in today. Poverty in Britain today is minimal. You see a few people on streets here and there but never like in the old days because the minimal level of a satisfactory life has increased. If there were people in your grandfathers position where malnutrition is happening, where people are struggling, I would back the strikes. The simple fact is that these people striking are quite comfortable when it comes to the requirements for a basic life but they want extra money so they can have the luxuries or spend an extra £500 on their child at christmas. People can easily live a basic life with a few luxuries and get by on todays wages but instead they'd rather scream that they want more whilst disrupting the lives of others.

Most Britain's dont know what real poverty is. We've been fortunate to be brought up in a part of the world we're it rarely occurs in this day and age. There is greed at the top but that isn't resolved by being greedy at the bottom. We resolve that over the years of education about politics and economics. Two wrongs dont make a right and people striking just because they want more luxuries they think they are owed for the job they do puts them on the same level as those at the top who are greedy.

Red I do not disagree with the point you make......what I am sure people would like is the opportunity to work (there will always be slackers) for an employer who treats them fairly. I believe that this has become quite a rare commodity and when the Unions try to stand up for people that are being treated unfairly it bugs me that SOME can't wait to slag them off.We have very little Union power in Corporate Britain and I think the hard working person IS suffering because of this. I repeat why can we not have a fairer distribution of this countries wealth. If the money was spread out a lot more then perhaps more jobs could be created. Perhaps I suffer from oversimplification syndrome?????

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:46 pm

RedBluebird wrote:
Denzil wrote:

they are not fighting for money for luxuries they are fighting to keep their jobs some have been made redundant and taken back on for the olympics only. About the poverty it is getting worse in every town there are food shops cropping up and its not just the homeless using them its working families too.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:49 pm

bluecyw wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:
Denzil wrote:

they are not fighting for money for luxuries they are fighting to keep their jobs some have been made redundant and taken back on for the olympics only. About the poverty it is getting worse in every town there are food shops cropping up and its not just the homeless using them its working families too.

Wonder if those 'working families' are Bankers Politicians and heads of Industry? :roll:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:53 pm

bluecyw wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:
Denzil wrote:

Surely they should be thankful that they are getting offered a return to work for the Olympics only even if it is temporary? Loads of people would jump at that opportunity. I would do that work now if it was offered to me and id cancel my holiday to do it, there is no question about that. Sometimes cuts need to be made. That may not be through the fault of the employer but sanctions imposed on the employer by those in higher power. However, those in higher power wont get bothered by this disruption, I can assure you of that because i've witnessed it in the construction industry. Those who do get it the worst are the middle men and those at the bottom. It has always been the case and will remain the same until something is done at the top.