Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This will be Earnshaw's season

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:45 pm

I can see it coming. We will sign Bellers, Kimbo and another striker who suits Earnie's style of play. I've just got a feeling it will work out for him this year without Kenny here

Re: This will be Earnshaw's season

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Dont forget that a fully fit Rudy Gestede could also make a difference :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:50 pm

CantonJack wrote:I can see it coming. We will sign Bellers, Kimbo and another striker who suits Earnie's style of play. I've just got a feeling it will work out for him this year without Kenny here

I think it is very true that Earnshaw sufferred being shoved to the back of the pecking order because Miller was the main striker as he didn't like playing with Earnie.

I love Earnie and nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing him comeback to his best this season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Dont forget that a fully fit Rudy Gestede could also make a difference :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

If Rudy can stay clear of injury to his hamstring then I can see him playing a major role this season. Very unlucky last year and was rarely match fit which contributed to some fans negative opinion about him.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Dont forget that a fully fit Rudy Gestede could also make a difference :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

If Rudy can stay clear of injury to his hamstring then I can see him playing a major role this season. Very unlucky last year and was rarely match fit which contributed to some fans negative opinion about him.

Diferent country diferent league with a new team.
I think a good pre season for him and he will be a good squad player

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Earnie needs a team of 10 players all at 100% to do all the work that isn't in his game.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:03 pm

And where does young Joe fit into this?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:07 pm

With someone to do all the running for him up front

With someone to hold the ball up for him

With someone to put the ball in the net for him...

Yeh, this season has got Earnie written all over it.

seriously.. His miss against England is the Robert Earnshaw we bought.

We need to stop living in the past

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Hardly

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:13 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:

Hardly

Notice the carefull positioning of the word COULD in there ;)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:03 pm

taffyapple wrote:With someone to do all the running for him up front

With someone to hold the ball up for him

With someone to put the ball in the net for him...

Yeh, this season has got Earnie written all over it.

seriously.. His miss against England is the Robert Earnshaw we bought.

We need to stop living in the past

We need to stop living in the past? - good - Ninian Park is gone and so are the blue shirts and badge ;)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:24 pm

And Etien Velikonja..... need a few flying wingers and a spare left back.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:26 pm

CantonJack wrote:I can see it coming. We will sign Bellers, Kimbo and another striker who suits Earnie's style of play. I've just got a feeling it will work out for him this year without Kenny here

I hope so to prove alot of people on this forum wrong who don't seem to respect what he has done for us :evil:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:00 pm

come on mate be realistic.. he has passed it in this division maybe a lower league team or a top team in league 1.. but he will not fit in this season although i would love him to and score loads of goals as he is a legend down here! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:26 pm

he's not past it at all, gety his stats up and tell me when the championship got too hard for him? he didnt have a look in last year because he was 'passed it' by a few people then every other sheep follows. i swear some of you lot have never even kicked a ball sometimes aye!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Velikonja and Mason will be the ones who will be delivering.
Earnie will be gone and I hope we do get rid of him.
Can fans please stop thinking he has future hes poor at this level. League One or Two for him.
'Stats' yes from f**king 5 years ago. Hes passed it. It dosen't matter if he didn't have a chance to prove because hes a lazy s**t in training.
14k Wages for sitting on the bench and doing f**k all in training. He didnt get the chance because he does NOTHING in training.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:43 pm

jooshy wrote:he's not past it at all, gety his stats up and tell me when the championship got too hard for him? he didnt have a look in last year because he was 'passed it' by a few people then every other sheep follows. i swear some of you lot have never even kicked a ball sometimes aye!

and when he did get a chance towards the end of the season what exactly did he do????

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:46 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
jooshy wrote:he's not past it at all, gety his stats up and tell me when the championship got too hard for him? he didnt have a look in last year because he was 'passed it' by a few people then every other sheep follows. i swear some of you lot have never even kicked a ball sometimes aye!

and when he did get a chance towards the end of the season what exactly did he do????

forced two good saves out of a decent Hull keeper ;) :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Stats from f**king 10 years ago.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:50 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

even if hes not passed it hes not our answer for next season i believe we will bring in more quality than earnie. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Earnie did not get a chance towards the end of the season he had the odd 10-15 minutes in a few games. I would not call that a chance. A chance is when the manager motivates you and gives you a run in the team. Statistically he still had the best goal ration to time on the pitch at the club last year ! He was never given a fair run in the team because it does not suit the 4-5-1 game that we were playing.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Some people can be so bitter it's unbelievable. He didn't really have a chance last season because Malky loved playing Miller. He didn't seem very happy to be here either, his tweets suggested that he was unhappy to be left out of the squad every week. But now just looking at the pre season videos he seem happier in general and Malky even said he has a future here in his interview on CCPlayer.

I just think if he's given a chance he will deliver, if he doesn't produce the goods then I will eat my own words

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:20 pm

He will get his chance when he stops being a lazy pr*ck in training.
If you dont put the effort in training then he ent going to get into the team.
If Earnie wants a chance he can work hard in training. Miller needed competition and Earnshaw was no where near it.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:24 pm

I don't see any evidence that he doesn't work in training. Even Malky said in interviews when Earnie wasn't given a chance that he continues to work hard in training

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Im sorry but I think hes passed it. We got Mason and Velikonja who are both ready to go and now Miller has gone they have a chance to fill the spot in the team and give it their all. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:29 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Earnie did not get a chance towards the end of the season he had the odd 10-15 minutes in a few games. I would not call that a chance. A chance is when the manager motivates you and gives you a run in the team. Statistically he still had the best goal ration to time on the pitch at the club last year ! He was never given a fair run in the team because it does not suit the 4-5-1 game that we were playing.

best post I've read for a long time :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:31 pm

CantonJack wrote:Some people can be so bitter it's unbelievable. He didn't really have a chance last season because Malky loved playing Miller. He didn't seem very happy to be here either, his tweets suggested that he was unhappy to be left out of the squad every week. But now just looking at the pre season videos he seem happier in general and Malky even said he has a future here in his interview on CCPlayer.

I just think if he's given a chance he will deliver, if he doesn't produce the goods then I will eat my own words

I also believe that if given a chance he will score goals. Again, what evidence was there that he was not training well. He wouldn't be jumping for joy I expect if he wasn't getting a look in on the pitch.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:33 pm

So your happy spending 14k week on someone who dosen't play? Picking up 14k week not playing.
I respect your opinion but can't help laugh at them.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Stick him next to a big man and the guy will score 20+. Really hope he's given a go. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:36 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:So your happy spending 14k week on someone who dosen't play? Picking up 14k week not playing.
I respect your opinion but can't help laugh at them.

Thats because MM ignored him all season and did not give him a run in the team Look at the amount of time he had on the pitch. He did not fit into the 4-5-1 system and as stated he had the highest goal/time ratio at Cardiff. That says a lot about the team then doesn't it ?