Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY PULL OUT OF DEAL FOR . . . .

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Cardiff City have this morning pulled out of a deal to sign Richard Keogh.

The players agent got a bidding war going and have managed to convince Derby to offer Keogh more wages than City valued his wages at.

On to the next target.

Re: CITY PULL OUT OF DEAL FOR . . . .

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City have this morning pulled out of a deal to sign Richard Keogh.

The players agent got a bidding war going and have managed to convince Derby to offer Keogh more wages than City valued his wages at.

On to the next target.

Are/Were you aware of any other similar targets in the same position?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City have this morning pulled out of a deal to sign Richard Keogh.

On to the next target.

Carl whats the news on kim?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 pm

good hes been dragging his feet anyway so obviously not keen to come here a bit of a mercenary methinks :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Keep up at the back ;)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Good news because if a player and his agent start playing the field to get a bidding war going then forget them and move on to our alternative targets :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 pm

dont think keogh was commited to us anyway.... surprised malky let him mess us about as long as he did.... his loss not ours... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Well done Cardiff City

The daft c**t will get skinned alive by our forwards this season

Oh how we shall titter

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:36 pm

On to the next target.

Good news! We don't want players that are chasing the money, especially if they aren't worth it.

Well done City!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:37 pm

f**k him then i say, good that we are keeping to a budget and it dosent say a lot of keogh if he goes to derby for more money rather than go to a championship team who are always up there challenging for promotion to the premiership, next target cant wait to smash derby next season if he goes there now though ha

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 pm

On to the next target.

Well if this is the case carl, good, we,ve had too many mercenaries down here in the past.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 pm

About time. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Im happy with that. The player either wants to sign for us or he doesnt.

Lets put it another way. He either wants to play for a side aiming for the Premiership or a side who will hold their own in the Championship.

This sends the right message to other clubs who think they can "use us".

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 pm

As cilla black said many times "SUPPRISE SUPPRISE" :roll:
Last edited by BLUESBLUES on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Well done cioty - shows we won't be held to ransom. He's shite anyway.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Im happy with that. The player either wants to sign for us or he doesnt.

Lets put it another way. He either wants to play for a side aiming for the Premiership or a side who will hold their own in the Championship.

This sends the right message to other clubs who think they can "use us".

That is one way of looking at it but Keogh is the same as any worker, he is looking for the best deal he can get.

He has now got it at Derby so good luck to him.

Personally I see this as a blessing in disguise as CB is the one area I wouldn't be looking at to strengthen and would prefer to see the buget spent else where.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:11 pm

oh my dear What a surprise?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:14 pm

On to the next target.

Please TBH, don't like the idea of players dictating which positions they play in.

Bit gutted we didn't make a move for Luke Chambers when he was available, he's a better player than Keogh, just as versitile and was free!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:16 pm

SeanJr wrote:

On to the next target.

Please TBH, don't like the idea of players dictating which positions they play in.

Bit gutted we didn't make a move for Luke Chambers when he was available, he's a better player than Keogh, just as versitile and was free!

Just checked Chambers' wikipedia to see who he's playing for and in both the pictures he's playing against us. Useless information I know... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Chambers

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Pity that Reading snapped up Gunter now ?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:42 pm

CantonJack wrote:
SeanJr wrote:

On to the next target.

Just checked Chambers' wikipedia to see who he's playing for and in both the pictures he's playing against us. Useless information I know... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Chambers

He joined Ipswich last week, good signing for them!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:12 pm

City had the chance to close this deal moths ago. After the initial contact with Coventry City sat back and tried to generate the best possible delay. The lengthy delay as similar to the Noone saga has allowed other clubs to enter the fray (Derby/Leeds) and eventually provide a better option. I think City have themselves to blame sometimes for sitting back and not closing deals.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:16 pm

glad we pulled out and not other way round, so people cant say same old story, blah blah blah :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:City had the chance to close this deal moths ago. After the initial contact with Coventry City sat back and tried to generate the best possible delay. The lengthy delay as similar to the Noone saga has allowed other clubs to enter the fray (Derby/Leeds) and eventually provide a better option. I think City have themselves to blame sometimes for sitting back and not closing deals.

What more do you want them to do? They agreed a fee and offered the player a contact they thought was reasonable. Its soley down to the player and his agent

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:44 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:City had the chance to close this deal moths ago. After the initial contact with Coventry City sat back and tried to generate the best possible delay. The lengthy delay as similar to the Noone saga has allowed other clubs to enter the fray (Derby/Leeds) and eventually provide a better option. I think City have themselves to blame sometimes for sitting back and not closing deals.

What more do you want them to do? They agreed a fee and offered the player a contact they thought was reasonable. Its soley down to the player and his agent

I'm pleased in some ways we haven't signed him, from what I've seen of him he isn't good enough to get into out starting XI and i'm not even convinced he's better than Darcy Blake. Combined with the transfer fee, wages and his poor attitude I think this may be a blessing in disguise. Move onto a better player I say!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:26 pm

On to the next target.

It was mentioned last night that Cardiff's offer never met Coventry's valuation and they apparently were not allowed to talk terms with the player.Also that Cardiffs payment terms (time factor) to Kimbo's Club Cerezo Osako have again not met with the selling clubs wishes, but apparently not a million miles apart. Permit clearance and personal terms are not a problem.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Whats the panic when Darcy is well and capable of playing RB, CB or LB.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:33 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Whats the panic when Darcy is well and capable of playing RB, CB or LB.

Exactly, I'm not even convinced he's better than Darcy either, certainly doesn't warant spending £1,000,000 or whatever it was on a defender who would probably end as a sub.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Dissapointing given the time and effort.

Coventrys player if year two years in a row. Who are people kidding when they say hes no better than Darcy.

Sour grapes

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

CP76 wrote:Dissapointing given the time and effort.

Coventrys player if year two years in a row. Who are people kidding when they say hes no better than Darcy.

Sour grapes

To be honest IF bellamy did come home and got the captains band then I could have seen Keogh starting in front of hudson