Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff no longer want Coventry defender Keogh

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:58 am

Good, Im happy we have pulled out of this deal. We only need players who really want to play for Cardiff

Re: Cardiff no longer want Coventry defender Keogh

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm

First with the story, yet second with the story gets more replies.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Good, Im happy we have pulled out of this deal. We only need players who really want to play for Cardiff

Exactly how I feel. Good luck to Keogh he has to do what is best for him but on this occasion I feel he has also done us a favour.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:19 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Good, Im happy we have pulled out of this deal. We only need players who really want to play for Cardiff

Since when do players want to play for cardiff im sure are fans think players dream of playing for us or other clubs for that matter :lol: money brings players to clubs as its irrelevant what club it is or the location. :old:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:24 pm

BLUESBLUES wrote:

Since when do players want to play for cardiff im sure are fans think players dream of playing for us or other clubs for that matter :lol: money brings players to clubs as its irrelevant what club it is or the location. :old:

I think the point Richard was making was we need hungray players who see a challenge rather than those who can just pick up a better pay day.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BLUESBLUES wrote:

I think the point Richard was making was we need hungray players who see a challenge rather than those who can just pick up a better pay day.

Again since when do players play for a challenge :?: we got players going to ipswich and lesser clubs who are better than what we got already in are first team so wheres the challenge at them clubs, its money all it is another known fact in football like i said in my first post in this thread.
:ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:39 pm

BLUESBLUES wrote:
BLUESBLUES wrote:

Again since when do players play for a challenge :?: we got players going to ipswich and lesser clubs who are better than what we got already in are first team so wheres the challenge at them clubs, its money all it is another known fact in football like i said in my first post in this thread.

Admittedly money is the main motivator but I still think that players are also sometimes sold on the Challenge. When he eventually signs Kim Bo-Kyung he is not only coming here for the money (he got £18k instead of £21k BTW) but he saw playing for Cardiff in a tough league (the Championship) as a challenge.

Also I would rate us as about the same as Ipswich in club terms and I certainly wouldn't class them as a 'lesser team'

Chopra went there for the money that's for sure but he also saw a challenge to re-establish himself as a proven goal scorer.

Which brings us back to Richard's point, Keogh was just concerned in getting a few more quid nothing else.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:22 pm

BLUESBLUES wrote:
BLUESBLUES wrote:

Admittedly money is the main motivator but I still think that players are also sometimes sold on the Challenge. When he eventually signs Kim Bo-Kyung he is not only coming here for the money (he got £18k instead of £21k BTW) but he saw playing for Cardiff in a tough league (the Championship) as a challenge.

Also I would rate us as about the same as Ipswich in club terms and I certainly wouldn't class them as a 'lesser team'

Chopra went there for the money that's for sure but he also saw a challenge to re-establish himself as a proven goal scorer.

Which brings us back to Richard's point, Keogh was just concerned in getting a few more quid nothing else.

Yep i agree thats what its about a few more quid is the main factor, as for the kim bo guy well hes not even signed yet so it wouldnt supprise me he signs for some other club when he lands in the uk for the olympics. Would be one of many many players the club brag out and then they sign for others :shock:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:35 pm

I would think that there is no reason why Keogh would not be commited to which ever team he signed for, this is just down to economics, Derby showed him that they valued him higher than us, hence offering more wages. The Cardiff board obviously felt that although worth having, Keogh as a CB is not essential at this time, which I would agree with.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:27 pm

BLUESBLUES wrote:
BLUESBLUES wrote:
BLUESBLUES wrote:

Yep i agree thats what its about a few more quid is the main factor, as for the kim bo guy well hes not even signed yet so it wouldnt supprise me he signs for some other club when he lands in the uk for the olympics. Would be one of many many players the club brag out and then they sign for others :shock:

Kimbo has been in the UK since Monday and as far as Im aware the club is waiting for international clearance before announcing him as a City player.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:32 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Kimbo has been in the UK since Monday and as far as Im aware the club is waiting for international clearance before announcing him as a City player.

I know what you mean richardblue but since when does talk on here mean anything i mean keogh was a done deal bar the clubs fee according to certain people on here the same could be said for other players who now play at other clubs so this kim bo deal is not done yet thats for sure, when its all signed and sealed then i get it no amount of who we are due to sign or bullshit names that the club spin off to the club mouth piece carl works with some fans anymore on here untill there signed up with photos going out to the public off the official ccfc site, the trouble is people take internet talk as the truth when in the real world 99% of it is laughed at . :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Agreed. Had a text saying he cancelled his medical with us to join Cardiff.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:40 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Agreed. Had a text saying he cancelled his medical with us to join Cardiff.

Lakey watch your back. :roll:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Wow I had a few inside information on Keogh thats all. I know nothing else about transfers! :lol: