Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wasted £2m on 10 goals and few assists?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:57 am

That's what Kenny cost.

And he leaves for free with 12 months remaining on his contract?

Why I hear you ask?

Simply because it would cost us a further £1.2m in wages to keep him,
he had no resale value apparently so we cut the cord.

And to be honest , who are we to moan about it when we are currently expecting CB39 to do the same with Liverpool .

It's not good, it's not right but it's the way things are...

Re: Wasted £2m on 10 goals and few assists?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:11 am

It's great when people criticise Miller, it's a nice insight to show they know nothing about football and you can ignore their opinion completely.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:37 am

best bit of business we done this close season getting rid of miller.... 31yr olds passed there sell by date are not the future of this club.... especially if there earning 25k a week ..well done malky .....now get a couple more younger hungrier players in .....quick as you can....thats the way we like it .....by the way does anyone think malky would have let him go if he still rated him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ......thought not ......:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:38 am

RFMH wrote:It's great when people criticise Miller, it's a nice insight to show they know nothing about football and you can ignore their opinion completely.

Says the poster who claimed the Targetman was a thing of the past :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Unbelievable, after the season we just had, when half of us thought we may be in a relegation fight.

when he stopped scoring we plummeted down the league, didn't see anyone else step up.

Great stop gap though.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:37 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Great stop gap though.

Yeah, a nice 2 million pound stop gap. Great stuff.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm not criticising Kenny, I have been one of his biggest supporters this year, u worked with his old man at First bus and I wish him all the best in Canada.

The original post was Just stating actual fact.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:46 pm

aj1927 wrote:That's what Kenny cost.

And he leaves for free with 12 months remaining on his contract?

Why I hear you ask?

Simply because it would cost us a further £1.2m in wages to keep him,
he had no resale value apparently so we cut the cord.

And to be honest , who are we to moan about it when we are currently expecting CB39 to do the same with Liverpool .

It's not good, it's not right but it's the way things are...

You are totally right and that's the way it is with players since the Bosman ruling.

May be we made our mistake when we signed Miller in the first place. It hadn't worked out for him in Turkey but that wasn't our fault and it wasn't up to us to give them back the money they had spent getting him from Rangers.

We should have told Bursaspor we would take his contract over but would-not pay a transfer fee.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:00 pm

CP76 wrote:
RFMH wrote:It's great when people criticise Miller, it's a nice insight to show they know nothing about football and you can ignore their opinion completely.

Same as people misquote and straw-man arguments Image

What I said was it wasn't integral and many teams past and present have gone about their game without it.

You might want to look at how gutted I was that Jay left and how I defend Gestede before outright lying. :roll:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Really? So you have seen him play more than I have then have you? Considering I used to live in Scotland and I saw him play a lot of games for both Celtic and Rangers, as well as Scotland, my opinion on him doesn't matter just because it's different to yours?! Nice attatude! Just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't mean they don't know anything about football.

He gets a job done, but is over rated, has got one hell of a bad attatude about himself and I'm glad he's gone so we can get a real goal scorer in.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Wouldnt be the 1st time we signed a player or let them go for nothing only to lose millions along the way thats how we work these days under are pipe dream owner, what makes it worse people are saying we are due to sign some players who we let them run there contracts out with us but only this time pay for them when we let them go for nothing last season.
How daft of a club does that make us. We was told chops, jay, burke where moved on because of wages ect yet we payed 800k for a guy on more money than all of them for one season, now hes gone for nothing.

Any logic in it :shock:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:03 pm

West Ham 0 : Cardiff City 1 - great game

Worth 2m for that alone, even Gestede looked unstoppable

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:40 pm

So getting rid of Miller is great but keeping Earnie is better. Deluded be f**ked.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:52 pm

RFMH wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Same as people misquote and straw-man arguments Image

What I said was it wasn't integral and many teams past and present have gone about their game without it.

You might want to look at how gutted I was that Jay left and how I defend Gestede before outright lying. :roll:

The fact you defend Gestede says its you whos football opinion should be ignored. :thumbup: