Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good news on Peter Whittingham soon?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:03 am

Cardiff City and Whitts'agent are in talks on a new improved deal

The word is both parties are happy and a signature is imminent

Excellent news for the club and some of the doubting?

Re: Good news on Peter Whittingham soon?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:08 am

Christ he only signed an extension last year. He must really love it here :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:09 am

Good news indeed, though he signed a new deal last season though didn't he??

It's the Kimbo deal being announced that will stop some doubting

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:09 am

CityGent wrote:Cardiff City and Whitts'agent are in talks on a new improved deal

isnt he here til 2014 anyway? Fair play though he must like it here :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 am

I've heard they've offered him a deal that could basically see him finish his career at Cardiff?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 am

neeball wrote:Good news indeed, though he signed a new deal last season though didn't he??

It's the Kimbo deal being announced that will stop some doubting

The latest I've heard there is the paperwork has been completed our end- just waiting for the documents from Japan, which is causing the delay

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 am

Good news, love Whitts, be gutted if he went :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Let's slap a £30m price on his head if Joe Twatty Allen is worth £15m :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:27 am

Mr Rivers ,are you doing the bar in your boozer in the red kit :D I notice the lounge part is the nice blue kit ;)
Casual Clobber :old:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:33 am

CantonJack wrote:Christ he only signed an extension last year. He must really love it here :ayatollah:

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:48 am

Xcasual wrote:Mr Rivers ,are you doing the bar in your boozer in the red kit :D I notice the lounge part is the nice blue kit ;)

You must be 'kin joking . I'd rather put a red welsh rugby shirt on the wall :-)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:56 am

CityGent wrote:
Xcasual wrote:Mr Rivers ,are you doing the bar in your boozer in the red kit :D I notice the lounge part is the nice blue kit ;)

You must be 'kin joking . I'd rather put a red welsh rugby shirt on the wall :-)

:lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 pm

when a player gets sold he gets a signing on fee at the new club.

when a player signs a new deal he also gets a signing on fee with his existing club.

therefore, when other clubs are interested, the existing club sometimes offers a new contract to the player to keep him, which not only means increased wages, but also another signing on fee even if they only signed a new contract the year before

so basically another new contract would mean increased wages and another lumper as a sweetener!

so regardless of him "loving it" or "liking it" at Cardiff - money talks!

flip side to the above is that the longer the contract has left in place - the higher the fee would be if sold.

Anyway, we gotta keep him - quality!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Great news. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:51 pm

CityGent wrote:Cardiff City and Whitts'agent are in talks on a new improved deal

On the Whitts front it's brilliant, to sign a new deal I think it was just after the end of 09/10 or beginning of 10/11? Shows his real commitment to the club.

On the Craig Bellamy front how confident are you that he'll sign, I'm sure you said that it'd be next week? Is that the deal being done or the deal being announced and are we going to pay his wages from Tuesday onwards? He also says in this interview that he's come solely to focus on Team GB. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18868381

Sorry for sounding a pest :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Danish wrote:when a player gets sold he gets a signing on fee at the new club.

when a player signs a new deal he also gets a signing on fee with his existing club.

therefore, when other clubs are interested, the existing club sometimes offers a new contract to the player to keep him, which not only means increased wages, but also another signing on fee even if they only signed a new contract the year before

so basically another new contract would mean increased wages and another lumper as a sweetener!

so regardless of him "loving it" or "liking it" at Cardiff - money talks!

flip side to the above is that the longer the contract has left in place - the higher the fee would be if sold.

Anyway, we gotta keep him - quality!

Of course he is signing because of the increase in wages, no-one really believe those love the club claims...

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:24 pm

CityGent wrote:

Good Man :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:27 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:

On the Whitts front it's brilliant, to sign a new deal I think it was just after the end of 09/10 or beginning of 10/11? Shows his real commitment to the club.

On the Craig Bellamy front how confident are you that he'll sign, I'm sure you said that it'd be next week? Is that the deal being done or the deal being announced and are we going to pay his wages from Tuesday onwards? He also says in this interview that he's come solely to focus on Team GB. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18868381

Sorry for sounding a pest :lol:

This is what Lakey tweeted anyway: ‪#CCFC‬ deals for CB39 and Kim-Bo Kyung edging closer. Bellamy by next Tuesday. Japanese paperwork holding up the KBK announcement. ‪#CCFC‬ :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Of course Whittingham loves the club. The guy is a model pro and deserves an increase in wages. Its only what any of us would do if we were in his position. Its not like hes asking for £50,000 is it? He could have easily left after that wonder season on the wing but he stuck around. He's also been the first to always say 'im happy at Cardiff' whenever speculation comes along which shows his loyalty.

I hope he gets his wage increase because he deserves it and I hope he finishes his career here. He could have easily moved to a prem club but he chose to stay loyal to the side that had faith in him. That is something rare in todays game. The guy is a class act.

He could have easily come out and said like Dempsey has at Fulham ' I want a move away' but he never has and he's always said he's happy as long as the manager wants him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:15 pm

He does what he wants!

Either that or his misses likes it here :D .

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 am

About time n'all
:)

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:58 am

is there clause in there that he doesnt have to act as the 3rd centre back :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:31 pm

I thought perhaps he had found a way to run faster :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Great news considering he's had premiership clubs sniffing around this summer :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:24 pm

CantonJack wrote:Christ he only signed an extension last year. He must really love it here :ayatollah:

Some how i dont think hes pushing for another contract less than 8months on after signing a new one because he loves it here as you put it, maybe because he thinks hes worth more or his agent has said to the club offer a new deal or sell him due to clubs intrested maybe, alot more goes in to it than fans thinking players play for us because they love the club. MM did say he would build a squad around whitts well if he keeps playing him as another center half then like he has been playing back so deep what hope we got if thats not his best ability .

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:36 pm

hes a bluebird through and through :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Whats the point in keeping Whitts if he is being played in a defensive midfield role where his attacking talent is being wasted. If we are going to keep him then lets play him in his best position which is likely to generate more goals. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:57 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Whats the point in keeping Whitts if he is being played in a defensive midfield role where his attacking talent is being wasted. If we are going to keep him then lets play him in his best position which is likely to generate more goals. :ayatollah:

very good point :ayatollah:
but didnt he say that he wanted to work on his defensive part of his game? :roll:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:53 pm

douglascfc wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Whats the point in keeping Whitts if he is being played in a defensive midfield role where his attacking talent is being wasted. If we are going to keep him then lets play him in his best position which is likely to generate more goals. :ayatollah:

but didnt he say that he wanted to work on his defensive part of his game? :roll:

Maybe Malky see's him as a "Pirlo" type player?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Pooler_BlueBird wrote:
douglascfc wrote:

Maybe Malky see's him as a "Pirlo" type player?

yeh but i wish that malkey would just play him that bit more forward so he can still pass the ball but also be there for when it counts infront of goal.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:08 pm

I do think he would be wasted behind the striker. Yes he had a good shot but his passing would be lost.

He just needs to move further forward and actually get on the ball in midfield.