Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kenny Miller Pushed For The Transfer

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:26 am

Well at least that's what he said during his first interview as a Vancouver Whitecaps player;

"Miller,32, said he really started pushing his agent to get something done about 4-5 weeks ago"

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012/07/miller-on-mls

Really surprised me that Kenny said this as I thought having spent a lot of money to save him from his Turkish nightmare and paid him an excellent wage by Championship standards I thought he would show a bit more loyalty.

Annis asked if we had wasted money on Miller and maybe he did have a point.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Kenny Miller Pushed For The Transfer

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:48 am

I can remember reading something like he signed for us because he promised Malky he would, if he hadn't done that he would've re-joined Rangers?

Gives me the feeling that he didnt really want to be at the club, and to push for a transfer right at the end of the season goes to show that he didnt want to be here.

Let's wait and see who his replacement is.

:ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:54 am

castleblue wrote:Well at least that's what he said during his first interview as a Vancouver Whitecaps player;

"Miller,32, said he really started pushing his agent to get something done about 4-5 weeks ago"

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012/07/miller-on-mls

Really surprised me that Kenny said this as I thought having spent a lot of money to save him from his Turkish nightmare and paid him an excellent wage by Championship standards I thought he would show a bit more loyalty.

Annis asked if we had wasted money on Miller and maybe he did have a point.

Gary, Malky brought him to Cardiff as he had always promised Miller that if he managed a club that could afford him, he would be one of his first signings. £800,000 and £25,000 a week. One year later we gave Miller away.
Like I said before, i met Millers parents on a few occasions in Santa Ponsa in April and they said Miller was very unhappy at Cardiff as they said Miller felt let down due to never getting a partner he was promised last Oct and then in January. I can only say what they said, that in in Nov Malky said he would def bring a partner for Miller in Jan and then in Feb Malky had apologised to Miller saying he only had money for loans in Jan and he was sorry to Miller.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:02 am

Interesting comments there Annis ....... broken promises again from the CCFC hierarchy . Makes you wonder why he's decided to leave now ahead of the proposed £100mil investment ???

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Interesting comments there Annis ....... broken promises again from the CCFC hierarchy . Makes you wonder why he's decided to leave now ahead of the proposed £100mil investment ???

It does Martyn, I put this all out on here in April when I returned from Majorca.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:10 am

No disrespect to either club but Im sure both Merthyr and Newport could have made offers for the likes of Sordell etc and realistically never ever be able to afford or attract them ? Nathan Blake said in the Echo months ago that we wouldnt see the best of Miller until he had a decent target man along side him , clearly Miller didnt think Gestede is going to be the answer this coming season ?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:19 am

Martyn1963 wrote:No disrespect to either club but Im sure both Merthyr and Newport could have made offers for the likes of Sordell etc and realistically never ever be able to afford or attract them ? Nathan Blake said in the Echo months ago that we wouldnt see the best of Miller until he had a decent target man along side him , clearly Miller didnt think Gestede is going to be the answer this coming season ?

Martyn, Miiller was quality in my opinion and was put upfront on his own match after match and even for home games, we were never going to see him at his best.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:25 am

Doomed I tell you, we are all doomed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:35 am

BigGwynram wrote:Doomed I tell you, we are all doomed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

not doomed Mr Mainwaring sir ..... just wondering why at this time of a new Cardiff City era that Kenny Miller would want to leave ?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:38 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:41 am

Martyn1963 wrote:

not doomed Mr Mainwaring sir ..... just wondering why at this time of a new Cardiff City era that Kenny Miller would want to leave ?

Martyn were not allowed to ask questions as fans regarding our club or players as it might upset the Malaysians, personally if they are doing everything they have promised no one will mind us asking questions, but it seems to upset certain friends of theirs

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:43 am

Gwyn is anybody's for a free curry ;)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:47 am

Martyn1963 wrote:

That's exactly what I have been thinking, Why? I could understand the club selling him or even giving him a free to release funds for say Craig Bellamy. But here we have the player, who was under contract at the club, saying he was pushing his agent to get him this transfer 4-5 weeks ago.

Strange one. :?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:47 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Gwyn is anybody's for a free curry ;)

You will agree with annis for a prawn cracker :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:48 am

jinks-rct wrote:

nah poppadams for me Jinx :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

nah poppadams for me Jinx :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 am

castleblue wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

That's exactly what I have been thinking, Why? I could understand the club selling him or even giving him a free to release funds for say Craig Bellamy. But here we have the player, who was under contract at the club, saying he was pushing his agent to get him this transfer 4-5 weeks ago.

Gary and he cost us £800,000 less than a year ago, it is very strange he has left us on a free.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:52 am

So what was the statement by Vancouver saying that they are paying ALL of his wages about ? If there was a fee involved then did they expect CCFC to still carry on paying Miller part of his £25K per week ? Im confused.com :D

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

Gary and he cost us £800,000 less than a year ago, it is very strange he has left us on a free.

I'm hoping Carl will be able to get the reasons why the club has allowed KM to walk away for nothing.

An interesting story behind this in my opinion.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:01 am

Martyn1963 wrote:So what was the statement by Vancouver saying that they are paying ALL of his wages about ? If there was a fee involved then did they expect CCFC to still carry on paying Miller part of his £25K per week ? Im confused.com :D

The reason he was allowed to go free was that Vancouver would pay all of his wage. The other teams in North America wanted us to continue to pay the majority of hs wage. So waiving any fee actually saved us money in a bizarre twist.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 am

Howey1927 wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:So what was the statement by Vancouver saying that they are paying ALL of his wages about ? If there was a fee involved then did they expect CCFC to still carry on paying Miller part of his £25K per week ? Im confused.com :D

The reason he was allowed to go free was that Vancouver would pay all of his wage. The other teams in North America wanted us to continue to pay the majority of hs wage. So waiving any fee actually saved us money in a bizarre twist.

Maybe,just maybe Malky's got something better lined up.But for Malky I don't think he would have come in the first place.This sort of thing happens all the time in football.Liverpool will lose millions if Brenda manages to offload Carol.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 am

Martyn1963 wrote:No disrespect to either club but Im sure both Merthyr and Newport could have made offers for the likes of Sordell etc and realistically never ever be able to afford or attract them ?

Sordell was on his way to Cardiff when Bolton stepped in. He was withdrawn from Watford's game the same night because of a pending move to Cardiff, the Bolton interest developed thereafter.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:27 pm

we didnt see miller at his best without someone to play alongside up front but maybe malky thinks velikonja do a better job than him scoring more goals plus with this mystery striker that we are to sign so that would leave miller on the bench......
So do you leave miller on the bench or do you allow him to go to the mls like he always wanted to do

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

I'm hoping Carl will be able to get the reasons why the club has allowed KM to walk away for nothing.

An interesting story behind this in my opinion.

TBH it is not the first time he has wanted away quickly? At least he lasted a whole season here rather than a few months like he did in Turkey.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 pm

What if Kenny thought he was surplus to requirements due to the investment, we already have Velekonja (Sorry for spelling), Mason, Rudy and Earnie and you know that Malky's signings come totally out of the blue so he may have someone else waiting in the wings so to speak. It's quite clear that we give him away for free to save us having to pay a percentage of his wages should he take a pay cut and join a club elsewhere, I admit it's a strange one but only Malky, Kenny and his agent know the real reasons :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:08 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:we didnt see miller at his best without someone to play alongside up front but maybe malky thinks velikonja do a better job than him scoring more goals plus with this mystery striker that we are to sign so that would leave miller on the bench......
So do you leave miller on the bench or do you allow him to go to the mls like he always wanted to do

That sounds very plausable.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm hearing we didn't give him away and sold him for $650,000? :?:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:55 pm

how old is he?33? one good singing on fee for the last time.if m.m don,t really want him then he should have 25k pw to use else where.that,s of course if he,s given the money

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Perhaps if he knew weeks ago that Bellers was coming he didn't fancy being at the club with him.I am sure i read somewhere that they have clashed previously in life.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 pm

33 Years old and certainly not guaranteed a start. Mason, Verikola (sp) and whoever else we will bring in will be pushing hard for the small striker spot, maybe he could see the writing on the wall. New experience and nice pay off in Vancouver, taking his chance before its too late. I would have liked to have kept him but understand why he's going.