Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO you get the feeling

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:56 am

Do you get the feeling that Cardiff City are not offering the transfer fees reported. I am getting the feeling that the reason that we have not signed certain players like Keogh or Kimbo is because Cardiff City try to move the goal posts AFTER they have agreed to pay it

Re: DO you get the feeling

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:03 am

What would be the point of them doing that?? Its Keogh thats causing the hold up not the club

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:04 am

john52 wrote:Do you get the feeling that Cardiff City are not offering the transfer fees reported. I am getting the feeling that the reason that we have not signed certain players like Keogh or Kimbo is because Cardiff City try to move the goal posts AFTER they have agreed to pay it

I dont think its that, I think that the Keogh deal is the player and not the club. Also I have a gut feeling that Kimbo will complete his deal within the next 48 hours.

Don't start to worry just yet, if these deals dont go through I'm sure Malky has a few other players in his sights.

:ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:05 am

At a recent meeting Malky said he'd bid previously for Sordell , Phillips and Noone and failed ...... maybe City's evaluation of players is being a little low . Wasnt that long ago that we reportedly bid around £6mil for Jay Rodrigues ..... or are CCFC bidding on players they know 100% wont sign but bidding as a smoke screen to keep the fans happy ? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:12 am

We always seem to have PLENTY of excuses etc as to why things are dragging on and we seem to have more problems signing players than most other clubs IS IT really Keogh who is holding up the deal or IS IT Cardiff city not wanting to pay the transfer fee Coventry want and Derby willing to actually pay the fee The same goes with Kimbo .i have read on this forum that talks are ongoing with his club and that Cardiff City have agreed terms with the player Why are talks ongoing if the fees have been agreed and Cardiff City have agreed terms with the player?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:15 am

john52 wrote:We always seem to have PLENTY of excuses etc as to why things are dragging on and we seem to have more problems signing players than most other clubs IS IT really Keogh who is holding up the deal or IS IT Cardiff city not wanting to pay the transfer fee Coventry want and Derby willing to actually pay the fee The same goes with Kimbo .i have read on this forum that talks are ongoing with his club and that Cardiff City have agreed terms with the player Why are talks ongoing if the fees have been agreed and Cardiff City have agreed terms with the player?

I have heard that the Kimbo deal is waiting on international clearance. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:26 am

john52 wrote:We always seem to have PLENTY of excuses etc as to why things are dragging on and we seem to have more problems signing players than most other clubs IS IT really Keogh who is holding up the deal or IS IT Cardiff city not wanting to pay the transfer fee Coventry want and Derby willing to actually pay the fee The same goes with Kimbo .i have read on this forum that talks are ongoing with his club and that Cardiff City have agreed terms with the player Why are talks ongoing if the fees have been agreed and Cardiff City have agreed terms with the player?

Keogh has stated that he doesnt want to play RB at all and only CB. Coventry are going to accept other bids if hasnt signed for us yet. But as it stands we have sorted out a fee and contract he just needs to sign

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:33 am

I think the hold up with Kim Bo is just the international clearance from FIFA , which Im told after that then the deal is done and dusted ..... also gives us a bit more interest in the Olympic football :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:51 am

maybe also the translation of the contract/terms etc is taking its time - as someone said the other GoogleTranslate is in meltdown :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:01 am

john52 wrote:Do you get the feeling that Cardiff City are not offering the transfer fees reported. I am getting the feeling that the reason that we have not signed certain players like Keogh or Kimbo is because Cardiff City try to move the goal posts AFTER they have agreed to pay it

I have been saying similar for 2 years, that u only have to look what happened in Jan 2011 and Jan 2012.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:02 am

Money is all it comes down to nothing else thats football so most the bullshit comming from the club in the media is to keep the fans singing from the same hymn sheet :old:
Last edited by BLUESBLUES on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:03 am

BLUESBLUES wrote:Money is all it comes down to nothing else thats football :old:

Sadly spot on nowadays.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:24 am

there is a saying that goes something like this You can fool some of the people some of the time BUT you can not fool all of the people ALL of the time