Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Supporter for sale!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 am

Dont know if anybody has seen this but an enterprising supporter has come up with a novel way of cashing in on his footballing dissatisfaction. I can see this fella touting his ideas on dragons Den in the very near future, fair play.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/My-support-fo ... 500wt_1156

Re: Supporter for sale!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:20 am

We've been discussing it here mate:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86658

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:34 am

Ah well, I suppose at least it will give him a bit of extra publicity for his sale. :D

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:38 am

Not like Dudders to want the spot light :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:11 am

I say we all put a £1 each in, win and say hes got to support Cardiff :lol: and all have a free pint. PLAN

It is pathetic in my eyes :roll:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:26 am

I say we all pay £1 and send him to Inverness for the season!

Given some of his comments on Twitter over the last month or so, I'd say his support isn't worth anything anyway!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:35 am

It ain't novel and it's been done many times before, attention seeking newbie, if it wasn't so sad it would be funny. :roll:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 am

BigGwynram wrote:It ain't novel and it's been done many times before, attention seeking newbie, if it wasn't so sad it would be funny. :roll:

ITS CALLED FREEDOM OF CHOICE, JUST BECAUSE HE HAS DIFFERENT VIEWS TO YOU , DOESNT MEAN HE IS ATTENTION SEEKING.
PERHAPS HE FEELS THIS IS ANOTHER WAY OF GETTING HIS FRUSRATION OUT THERE SO THE CLUB AND THOSE THAT ARE PRO BLUE CAN SEE IT.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:25 am

undybluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:It ain't novel and it's been done many times before, attention seeking newbie, if it wasn't so sad it would be funny. :roll:

ITS CALLED FREEDOM OF CHOICE, JUST BECAUSE HE HAS DIFFERENT VIEWS TO YOU , DOESNT MEAN HE IS ATTENTION SEEKING.
PERHAPS HE FEELS THIS IS ANOTHER WAY OF GETTING HIS FRUSRATION OUT THERE SO THE CLUB AND THOSE THAT ARE PRO BLUE CAN SEE IT.

Of course it's freedom of choice and I respect everyone who chooses to walk away because they feel that strongly about the changes made, but you serious that he's not attention seeking, come on. :roll:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 am

Many have been accused of attention seeking over this issue including yourself Gwyn. Pot, Kettle, Black maybe..? :?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:27 am

Angry Man wrote:

Many have been accused of attention seeking over this issue including yourself Gwyn. Pot, Kettle, Black maybe..? :?

I think you have solved it Adam, we can't fool someone as switched on and sharp as you can we, this plan i put together 46 years ago to pretend to be a Cardiff fan and want them to succeed was part of my plan for attention and world domination, and now you have put the mockers on it, super sleuth.

As for the real world, I will be more than happy to be totally anonymous and blend in whilst watching my team play in a fantastic stadium in the best League in the world with everything running like clockwork behind the scenes, watching the City and my love for the club is a massive part of my life, unlike others I can't switch loyalty between clubs or simply attend two or three games a year and make out I'm number one fan.

Anything I have done for the club has been done with constructive positive aims in mind, now a couple of words in that sentence may seem strange to you, but it is strange that people who spend their lives criticising others achieve very little themselves, whilst supposedly having all the answers, strange that isn't it.

I think people look to successful role models in life, others will just try and find fault, I wonder which camp you are viewed to be in by everyone on here. You had your time in the limelight as the medias whipping boy and comedy character, it's a shame a good agent hadn't picked up on it and used it to your advantage, always room for another Big Brother type clown to set themselves up for ridicule, good money in it apparently.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I think you have solved it Adam, we can't fool someone as switched on and sharp as you can we, this plan i put together 46 years ago to pretend to be a Cardiff fan and want them to succeed was part of my plan for attention and world domination, and now you have put the mockers on it, super sleuth.

As for the real world, I will be more than happy to be totally anonymous and blend in whilst watching my team play in a fantastic stadium in the best League in the world with everything running like clockwork behind the scenes, watching the City and my love for the club is a massive part of my life, unlike others I can't switch loyalty between clubs or simply attend two or three games a year and make out I'm number one fan.

Anything I have done for the club has been done with constructive positive aims in mind, now a couple of words in that sentence may seem strange to you, but it is strange that people who spend their lives criticising others achieve very little themselves, whilst supposedly having all the answers, strange that isn't it.

I think people look to successful role models in life, others will just try and find fault, I wonder which camp you are viewed to be in by everyone on here. You had your time in the limelight as the medias whipping boy and comedy character, it's a shame a good agent hadn't picked up on it and used it to your advantage, always room for another Big Brother type clown to set themselves up for ridicule, good money in it apparently.

Im sorry Gwyn but one of the first people who started criticising this lad was you. On one hand you are telling people that you are one of the biggest supporters of capitalisum yet on the other hand you are criticising someones money making plans. Once again Pot, Kettle, Black.

Oh and just to let you know that I actually turned down Big Brother because the money wasn't good enough ;)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:30 pm

I think people look to successful role models in life, others will just try and find fault, I wonder which camp you are viewed to be in by everyone on here. You had your time in the limelight as the medias whipping boy and comedy character, it's a shame a good agent hadn't picked up on it and used it to your advantage, always room for another Big Brother type clown to set themselves up for ridicule, good money in it apparently.[/quote]

Im sorry Gwyn but one of the first people who started criticising this lad was you. On one hand you are telling people that you are one of the biggest supporters of capitalisum yet on the other hand you are criticising someones money making plans. Once again Pot, Kettle, Black.

Oh and just to let you know that I actually turned down Big Brother because the money wasn't good enough ;)[/quote]

You honestly think this is about making money, you are either totally deluded or well up on irony, and as for one of the first to reply, please keep up, and look at posts here and M.M's site.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:34 pm

If I'm honest I don't really give a shit what its about. However its on a money making website so if he makes anything from it then fare play to him.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Just seems like a bit of fun to me, plus he says he will donate the money.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Not like Dudders to want the spot light :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Wouldn't it be really funny if he was bought by a cardiff fan? Cmon lads lets get together haha

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:11 am

anyone know who won? and what team he will be supporting??

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:31 am

cmorris1927 wrote:anyone know who won? and what team he will be supporting??

I'm a bit suspicious about the end result of the sale tbh, as shortly before the auction ended, he was due to support Melbourne!

Right at the end of the auction though, a supposed Tottenham fan came in and he is set to support them for the forthcoming season!

The suspicious thing for me, is that his father supports Spurs and it would have cost him a fortune to have to travel back and fore Australia, so does anybody have their suspicions like me, that he may well have bought himself, or got a friend or family member to buy the auction for him, in order to save himself a lot of travelling and cost?

Apologies for doing him a disservice if I'm wrong!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 am

Overthemoon wrote:

I'm a bit suspicious about the end result of the sale tbh, as shortly before the auction ended, he was due to support Melbourne!

Right at the end of the auction though, a supposed Tottenham fan came in and he is set to support them for the forthcoming season!

The suspicious thing for me, is that his father supports Spurs and it would have cost him a fortune to have to travel back and fore Australia, so does anybody have their suspicions like me, that he may well have bought himself, or got a friend or family member to buy the auction for him, in order to save himself a lot of travelling and cost?

would you have a family member or friend, who would spend over £800 so you dont have to go to Australia? i know i havent.. ha

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:38 am

cmorris1927 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

would you have a family member or friend, who would spend over £800 so you dont have to go to Australia? i know i havent.. ha

I'm suggesting that he may have paid the fee himself, as he'd save far more money than that, if he'd have had to travel back and fore Melbourne! :idea:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:43 am

Overthemoon wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

I'm suggesting that he may have paid the fee himself, as he'd save far more money than that, if he'd have had to travel back and fore Melbourne! :idea:

if he did, he'd be stupid.. forking out that much to give to charity.. and still have to spend going to spurs...(still wont be cheap)

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:48 am

Attention Seeker!

I don't know one single fan (yet) apart from him who is so willing to turn his back on the club! He gives some bollocks about the club turning their back on him but I don't buy it! The club is Cardiff, it hasn't moved, it's still the same manager, and set of players, same set of people/fans around him.

A true Cardiff fan, one that has suppose to have supported the club all their lives and put thousands of pounds in following them, like a lot of us - couldn't just turn our back and walk away until Blue returns for the home shirt!

Whatever happens, myself and others around me will not stop supporting or attending just because one mans vision has made us change our (home) strip for a few years!

Don't we always sing "I'll be there, I'll be there" & "you never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take my cardiff away!"

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:55 am

Seeing as hes changed his club he might as well change his name to Rodney. What a plonker!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:58 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

if he did, he'd be stupid.. forking out that much to give to charity.. and still have to spend going to spurs...(still wont be cheap)

You miss the point mate!

Yes it would cost him the £854 on the Ebay auction, but he could spend all that amount of money on having to go to Melbourne, on just the one occasion!

Add to that the travel times and jetlag etc., then it would be a bloody big commitment, without the financial commitment!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

You miss the point mate!

Yes it would cost him the £854 on the Ebay auction, but he could spend all that amount of money on having to go to Melbourne, on just the one occasion!

Add to that the travel times and jetlag etc., then it would be a bloody big commitment, without the financial commitment!

didnt he state that he was willing to relocate to which teams city that won?????

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:53 pm

caerblue wrote:didnt he state that he was willing to relocate to which teams city that won?????

There's one thing stating it and another thing going through with it!

Perhaps things have changed for him personally since he threw his strop and he's now got a new job , or found himself a local girlfriend! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Check out dudders feedback for other people,the guy is a tool :?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Merlin wrote:Attention Seeker!

I don't know one single fan (yet) apart from him who is so willing to turn his back on the club! He gives some bollocks about the club turning their back on him but I don't buy it! The club is Cardiff, it hasn't moved, it's still the same manager, and set of players, same set of people/fans around him.

A true Cardiff fan, one that has suppose to have supported the club all their lives and put thousands of pounds in following them, like a lot of us - couldn't just turn our back and walk away until Blue returns for the home shirt!

Whatever happens, myself and others around me will not stop supporting or attending just because one mans vision has made us change our (home) strip for a few years!

Don't we always sing "I'll be there, I'll be there" & "you never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take my cardiff away!"

Got it all sport on there Merlin. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 pm

He supports another club now so don't care.