Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ARMED FORCES COVER BECAUSE OF THE G4S f**k UP

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:25 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Angryman can you expand on your vision of national service? (What ages? Who is exempt? What would it entail? etc)

When I was living in Veitnam their National Service was anyone after the age of 17 and the only way which you could be exempt was if you want onto further education. More or less act as the home guard, not as others are saying 'send them to war' rather than helping the communities in this country whilst in the meantime getting a trade behind them and keeping them out of trouble.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Angry Man wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:Angryman can you expand on your vision of national service? (What ages? Who is exempt? What would it entail? etc)

When I was living in Veitnam their National Service was anyone after the age of 17 and the only way which you could be exempt was if you want onto further education. More or less act as the home guard, not as others are saying 'send them to war' rather than helping the communities in this country whilst in the meantime getting a trade behind them and keeping them out of trouble.

With all due respect, I highly doubt the logic of basing UK policies on those of Vietnam. Obviously we are in a severe economic downturn, and jobs are scarce, so introducing such a radical policy on a permanent basis seems reckless. I also think that it would be extremely unpopular amongst many.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:38 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

With all due respect, I highly doubt the logic of basing UK policies on those of Vietnam. Obviously we are in a severe economic downturn, and jobs are scarce, so introducing such a radical policy on a permanent basis seems reckless. I also think that it would be extremely unpopular amongst many.

I only stated Vietnam because thats how their system worked at the time. Also I think it would be very popular amongst the electorate. One of the best ways to get out of a economic downturn to be get a strong workforce in hand for companies to invest so surely by using National Service to help improve the strength of the workforce of this country then reckless isn't the word I would use.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:38 pm

taffyapple wrote:
AHERNE wrote:id rather be sleeping on them chairs than fighting in some illegal war in the middle east!

What a c**t of a post

Why is that a c**t of a post Taffy?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Angry Man wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I only stated Vietnam because thats how their system worked at the time. Also I think it would be very popular amongst the electorate. One of the best ways to get out of a economic downturn to be get a strong workforce in hand for companies to invest so surely by using National Service to help improve the strength of the workforce of this country then reckless isn't the word I would use.

Really? Popular among the people? And Popular amongst those who will have to go on National service? If a referendum was held I believe the majority of voters would vote against any form of national service.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:57 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Really? Popular among the people? And Popular amongst those who will have to go on National service? If a referendum was held I believe the majority of voters would vote against any form of national service.

I'd put my house on it that most voters are in favour of National Service

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Angry Man wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I'd put my house on it that most voters are in favour of National Service

What do you reckon the under 20's think?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:04 pm

National Service although a good idea WON't WORK

Several reasons:

1. There simply is not enough accommodation for NS. We currently have soldiers living in rented houses, in my current Bde we have over 250 soldiers doing this. There is NO MONEY to build new accommodation blocks for soldiers. FACT. So where will we house NS soldiers?
2.We struggle to train regular recruits let alone NS soldiers, the Trg regulations around training establishments are VAST and apply to all trg establishments otherwise you'll have another Deepcut. Again there is no money or resources to make this possible.
3.Army 2020 states that with 86,000 soldiers we have so many tasks, again we do not have the resources to provide instructors and staff to manage NS soldiers.

4. To dress them that will take money at £850 per soldier. Blokes are struggling now to exchange a pair of trousers and you are advocating 1000s of NS soldiers. Factor in the cost of Trg coaches, weapon trg etc etc again do the sums!

So there you have it: as well intentioned as NS is there is no resources both in material, money or personnel!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:09 pm

OhhhGa wrote:With all due respect, I highly doubt the logic of basing UK policies on those of Vietnam. Obviously we are in a severe economic downturn, and jobs are scarce, so introducing such a radical policy on a permanent basis seems reckless. I also think that it would be extremely unpopular amongst many.

I only stated Vietnam because thats how their system worked at the time. Also I think it would be very popular amongst the electorate. One of the best ways to get out of a economic downturn to be get a strong workforce in hand for companies to invest so surely by using National Service to help improve the strength of the workforce of this country then reckless isn't the word I would use.[/quote]

Really? Popular among the people? And Popular amongst those who will have to go on National service? If a referendum was held I believe the majority of voters would vote against any form of national service.[/quote]
I'd put my house on it that most voters are in favour of National Service[/quote]

What do you reckon the under 20's think?[/quote]

Thats why I said 'the electorate' because the under 20s don't vote ;)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:26 pm

:lol:

I reckon under 20's would, generally, be against the idea though.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:29 pm

its easy to say national service when you wont be called up

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 pm

The prob is we do as we are told. Just been told im on standby and im in a training establishment training people so not good... as long as i dont miss any games ill be a happy chap :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Whitchurchbluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
AHERNE wrote:id rather be sleeping on them chairs than fighting in some illegal war in the middle east!

What a c**t of a post

to me it suggests that they can like it or lump it.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:31 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Whitchurchbluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

What a c**t of a post

to me it suggests that they can like it or lump it.

To me it says i'd not They

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Angry Man wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
taffyapple wrote:This epitomises just how disgusting our government is. They are even worse than Labour
Why?.. Because the Tories are the big armed forces supporters, they got in partially cos
They told us all they'd look after our boys....

This... Is shitting on them where the whole world can see it. But they don't care.

That's how arrogant the cunts are.

If David Cameron and his kids were trapped in a car fire... I'd add petrol.

Cos that's how much respect he has for my family

Im sorry but unfortunately the Lib Dems are also in power and its their policies which are hurting the armed forces. Liam Fox was so supportive of them before he was ousted.

You never fail to unimpress.

So your suggesting that if David Cameron had his way our troops would be treated better..?

This from a man who thinks it would be ok to send our citizens to war for £60 a week dole money :lol:

My belief of National Service to get the youngesters off the streets and getting a trade behind them for later life via the forces for the same amount of their dole money is in my opinion the right way forward. Unfortunately the down side of being a local councillor was the fact that you had youngesters seriously damaging peoples lives night after night because they had nothing else to do so what better why to rid the streets of these youngesters and getting a better workforce for the future than reintroducing National Service..?

Yes I'm convinced that if the Tories were in sole power then the troops would be treated better. However until the next election no one will know.

For Gods sake.... The Armed Forces have been absolutely decimated on David Cameron's watch. He has
Signed off on it. Or are you suggesting that in sole power he'd have looked after them? He lied. They
All lied. Surely you don't believe Cameron wants to give them more money but Clegg won't let him??? Lol

As for putting the unemployed in theatres of war for dole money??

That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

There are over three million unemployed in Britain. there are not three million jobs.

Not every person signing on is a lazy good for nothing. But you think these people
Should go fight wars, and risk losing their lives for the very government that has
Chewed them up and spat them out????..... For £60 a week.

Sorry but was it this Government who hugely overspent..?

National Service would benefit the country, the individual and the communities in which they live. However living in the other side of the world I suppose you forgot just how difficult life can be for many people living in fear because of the scum on our streets

Firstly.. how do you marry equate the 'scum on our streets' to the unemployed?? You posted
that when you were Lord Mayor of Gurnos you had huge issues with youngsters misbehaving
at night. How do you know they were unemployed?

Secondly. The Krays did National Service!!! How did they turn out?

Its a different world now. With or without National Service, youngsters in the 50s had a lot
more respect for their elders and for authority back then.The Human Rights law that Blair
brought in, and that Cameron LIED about opting out of would soon stop Britain from forcing
people to do anything they didnt want to do.

And you'd have them doing it for less than minimum wage :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Big Ceri wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Big Ceri wrote:
maccydee wrote:I think this pic might be a fake. It has a guy in deserts. Standard issue is Greens for the UK or the new issue uniform we wear home and abroad. If that is a guy who has just come back he wouldn't be in sandy coloured deserts he wouldn't be in the uniform he is wearing and if it was a guy who hasn't been issued the new uniform he would be wearing greens.

It's looks like an airport terminal to me.

Hate to say this you are wrong fella! Green Uniform has been withdrawn. The new uniform PCS(personela clothing system) is what he has been issued. This is a LONDON photo. Other tales I am hearing is worse than these, no toilets, no showers etc.

I said about the new uniform but it looks too bright to be that. People still have the old style green uniform if they haven't been issued the new stuff.

I might be wrong as the picture isn't clear but it looked like old deserts to me.

One of my mates is in tent city near a sewage place. Problem is we can't strike.

It isn't old deserts its the new PCS!!!!! Trust Me. A shit unfiorm if ever there was one; worst one I have worn in 32 years! They look like lime green pyjamas. Tales from Straford are NOT GOOD! To cap it all off today The Mayor Of London has just given every soldier FREE transport whilst they are working in London, as long as they are in uniform! Why????? After the 15hrs shift that they are working they'll be too bolloxed to go anywhere i think that this was designed to 'soften the blow' and say 'look what we are doing for the military'. Well from a very senior soldier thanks for f**k all!

Thank you t the army, at least we know that the security for the games will not be a joke

With that offer from Johnson don't people think they are at risk wearing their uniforms in London with the high muslim population & has'nt their been occasions when wearing your uniform barred you from certain establishments.

Shame on the establishment MP'S etc who have allowed this situation t happen with G4S,they are only interested in lining their own pockets by using inept firms a sort of nest egg for when they are in opposition or retired with directorships of these private firms, that's why we have a select commitee investigating this & not criminal proceedings

I read somewhere that the money these jokers are getting for supplying 10,000 security guards would work out at £28,500 per person so their is a vast profit t be made