Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ARMED FORCES COVER BECAUSE OF THE G4S f**k UP

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:23 pm

This is how our armed forces are treated securing the Olympics due too G4S mess up yet they are in hotels and our troops get too sleep on chairs after an 18 hour shift with no extra pay or extra leave will be straight back too there units once Olympics finished!!!! f*cking embarrasment :oops: :oops: :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ARMED FORCES COVER BECAUSE OF THE G4S f**k UP

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:28 pm

If this is true its down right disgusting. The way this goverment is treating our soldiers beyond a joke

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Always has been that way.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Absolute disgrace G4S told potential candidates they had to pay for their uniform and training, so that was always going to cause problems. The government then decide to make horrendous cuts to the armed forces, thjen say they will have to cover security at the London 2012. What a Joke

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:47 pm

The least they could have done is given them some f*cking beds.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Yesterday I offered G4S all the security people I have on my books and the response I got today was along the lines of 'Many thanks for your offer of help but given the lack of time it will take to train up your guys we feel it would be too late to take up your offer!!!'. Then I'm thinking about everyone who's either been drafted in from the forces or the individuals whos had no training and waiting on an email!!!

I have a good mind to show the email evidence to the media and government as they are more or less given up on this project now!!!! :twisted:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:37 am

id rather be sleeping on them chairs than fighting in some illegal war in the middle east!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:48 am

its a shambles to me personally i do not understand why g4s did not ask london football clubs to supply names of stewards who would like to do the olympics. in the off season they will have been used to crowd control trained to a lot more degree than the g4s ppl who it seems are poorly trained in comparisaion ,also for 8 pound an hour the same stewards will allready live close to the venues so lodgeing costs do not apply a mate of mine passed all g4s tests but could not afford to pay for digs in london .7 years and its a total cock up

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:20 am

AHERNE wrote:id rather be sleeping on them chairs than fighting in some illegal war in the middle east!

What a c**t of a post

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:29 am

This G4S company have more questions to answer as yesterday the police arrested 2 illegal immigrants who they employed, through a sub contractor, as security guards at the Ricoh Arena.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... -31426911/

I thought there was a big fine for any Company employing illegals but given this lot are being paid £280m for Olympic security the fine would probably be pocket change.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 am

I think this pic might be a fake. It has a guy in deserts. Standard issue is Greens for the UK or the new issue uniform we wear home and abroad. If that is a guy who has just come back he wouldn't be in sandy coloured deserts he wouldn't be in the uniform he is wearing and if it was a guy who hasn't been issued the new uniform he would be wearing greens.

It's looks like an airport terminal to me.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:24 am

This picture is a fake this is from Brize Norton and by the looks on the guy in the old style deserts this has been taken some time ago .
Also the royal welsh regiment have been training for this for the last 8 weeks for uk goverment to say this has been dropped on them last week is bullshit they have known for a long time

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:30 am

maccydee wrote:I think this pic might be a fake. It has a guy in deserts. Standard issue is Greens for the UK or the new issue uniform we wear home and abroad. If that is a guy who has just come back he wouldn't be in sandy coloured deserts he wouldn't be in the uniform he is wearing and if it was a guy who hasn't been issued the new uniform he would be wearing greens.

Hate to say this you are wrong fella! Green Uniform has been withdrawn. The new uniform PCS(personela clothing system) is what he has been issued. This is a LONDON photo. Other tales I am hearing is worse than these, no toilets, no showers etc.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Big Ceri wrote:
maccydee wrote:I think this pic might be a fake. It has a guy in deserts. Standard issue is Greens for the UK or the new issue uniform we wear home and abroad. If that is a guy who has just come back he wouldn't be in sandy coloured deserts he wouldn't be in the uniform he is wearing and if it was a guy who hasn't been issued the new uniform he would be wearing greens.

Hate to say this you are wrong fella! Green Uniform has been withdrawn. The new uniform PCS(personela clothing system) is what he has been issued. This is a LONDON photo. Other tales I am hearing is worse than these, no toilets, no showers etc.

I said about the new uniform but it looks too bright to be that. People still have the old style green uniform if they haven't been issued the new stuff.

I might be wrong as the picture isn't clear but it looked like old deserts to me.

One of my mates is in tent city near a sewage place. Problem is we can't strike.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 pm

maccydee wrote:
Big Ceri wrote:

I said about the new uniform but it looks too bright to be that. People still have the old style green uniform if they haven't been issued the new stuff.

I might be wrong as the picture isn't clear but it looked like old deserts to me.

One of my mates is in tent city near a sewage place. Problem is we can't strike.

It isn't old deserts its the new PCS!!!!! Trust Me. A shit unfiorm if ever there was one; worst one I have worn in 32 years! They look like lime green pyjamas. Tales from Straford are NOT GOOD! To cap it all off today The Mayor Of London has just given every soldier FREE transport whilst they are working in London, as long as they are in uniform! Why????? After the 15hrs shift that they are working they'll be too bolloxed to go anywhere i think that this was designed to 'soften the blow' and say 'look what we are doing for the military'. Well from a very senior soldier thanks for f**k all!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 pm

taffyapple wrote:This epitomises just how disgusting our government is. They are even worse than Labour
Why?.. Because the Tories are the big armed forces supporters, they got in partially cos
They told us all they'd look after our boys....

This... Is shitting on them where the whole world can see it. But they don't care.

That's how arrogant the cunts are.

If David Cameron and his kids were trapped in a car fire... I'd add petrol.

Cos that's how much respect he has for my family

Im sorry but unfortunately the Lib Dems are also in power and its their policies which are hurting the armed forces. Liam Fox was so supportive of them before he was ousted.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Angry Man wrote:
taffyapple wrote:This epitomises just how disgusting our government is. They are even worse than Labour
Why?.. Because the Tories are the big armed forces supporters, they got in partially cos

This... Is shitting on them where the whole world can see it. But they don't care.

Im sorry but unfortunately the Lib Dems are also in power and its their policies which are hurting the armed forces. Liam Fox was so supportive of them before he was ousted.

It's a coalition. and the tories must bear responsibility.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

oh and the Lib Dems none then is it..? Even the tory backbenchers are kicking up a huge fuss at the moment because theres more Lib Dem policies than first thought and that would include armed forces cuts. Please dont forget that the Lib Dems want us all to live in a fairytale yet real life isnt like that

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Angry Man wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

oh and the Lib Dems none then is it..? Even the tory backbenchers are kicking up a huge fuss at the moment because theres more Lib Dem policies than first thought and that would include armed forces cuts. Please dont forget that the Lib Dems want us all to live in a fairytale yet real life isnt like that

What kind of response is that? :lol:

I just said it's a coalition so both parties must bear responsibility.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

because maybe you should have said ' It's a coalition. and both paries must bear responsibility' rather than singling one of the two parties involved

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Angry Man wrote:Yesterday I offered G4S all the security people I have on my books and the response I got today was along the lines of 'Many thanks for your offer of help but given the lack of time it will take to train up your guys we feel it would be too late to take up your offer!!!'. Then I'm thinking about everyone who's either been drafted in from the forces or the individuals whos had no training and waiting on an email!!!

I have a good mind to show the email evidence to the media and government as they are more or less given up on this project now!!!! :twisted:

Don't sercuity guards have to hold some kind of National Employment Creditation? If that is the case then why would G4S need to 'train them up? They should be seen exactly the same as Military personnel who will definatley not have to undergo G4S trainning.

On this one AM you have my full support and you should give this information to either the press or your MP as evidence. Hopefully after the Olympics Government will chase G4S for every penny of the penalty clauses contained within their contract with Locog.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Angry Man wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

because maybe you should have said ' It's a coalition. and both paries must bear responsibility' rather than singling one of the two parties involved

No, it was a response to your criticism of the Lib Dems and I was saying that the tories are also responsible.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Angry Man wrote:

You never fail to unimpress.

So your suggesting that if David Cameron had his way our troops would be treated better..?

This from a man who thinks it would be ok to send our citizens to war for £60 a week dole money :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:35 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

So your suggesting that if David Cameron had his way our troops would be treated better..?

This from a man who thinks it would be ok to send our citizens to war for £60 a week dole money :lol:

My belief of National Service to get the youngesters off the streets and getting a trade behind them for later life via the forces for the same amount of their dole money is in my opinion the right way forward. Unfortunately the down side of being a local councillor was the fact that you had youngesters seriously damaging peoples lives night after night because they had nothing else to do so what better why to rid the streets of these youngesters and getting a better workforce for the future than reintroducing National Service..?

Yes I'm convinced that if the Tories were in sole power then the troops would be treated better. However until the next election no one will know.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Angry Man wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

My belief of National Service to get the youngesters off the streets and getting a trade behind them for later life via the forces for the same amount of their dole money is in my opinion the right way forward. Unfortunately the down side of being a local councillor was the fact that you had youngesters seriously damaging peoples lives night after night because they had nothing else to do so what better why to rid the streets of these youngesters and getting a better workforce for the future than reintroducing National Service..?

Yes I'm convinced that if the Tories were in sole power then the troops would be treated better. However until the next election no one will know.

Sending people to war for £60 a week is a joke. If you wanted to go along the lines of enlisting them then make them undergo boot camp for so many weeks and then that will either encourage them to enlist in the armed forces or will disipling them for the real world

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:04 pm

National service :lol:

You really are delusional.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Angry Man wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

For Gods sake.... The Armed Forces have been absolutely decimated on David Cameron's watch. He has
Signed off on it. Or are you suggesting that in sole power he'd have looked after them? He lied. They
All lied. Surely you don't believe Cameron wants to give them more money but Clegg won't let him??? Lol

As for putting the unemployed in theatres of war for dole money??

That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

There are over three million unemployed in Britain. there are not three million jobs.

Not every person signing on is a lazy good for nothing. But you think these people
Should go fight wars, and risk losing their lives for the very government that has
Chewed them up and spat them out????..... For £60 a week.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

For Gods sake.... The Armed Forces have been absolutely decimated on David Cameron's watch. He has
Signed off on it. Or are you suggesting that in sole power he'd have looked after them? He lied. They
All lied. Surely you don't believe Cameron wants to give them more money but Clegg won't let him??? Lol

As for putting the unemployed in theatres of war for dole money??

That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

There are over three million unemployed in Britain. there are not three million jobs.

Not every person signing on is a lazy good for nothing. But you think these people
Should go fight wars, and risk losing their lives for the very government that has
Chewed them up and spat them out????..... For £60 a week.

Sorry but was it this Government who hugely overspent..?

National Service would benefit the country, the individual and the communities in which they live. However living in the other side of the world I suppose you forgot just how difficult life can be for many people living in fear because of the scum on our streets

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Yesterday I offered G4S all the security people I have on my books and the response I got today was along the lines of 'Many thanks for your offer of help but given the lack of time it will take to train up your guys we feel it would be too late to take up your offer!!!'. Then I'm thinking about everyone who's either been drafted in from the forces or the individuals whos had no training and waiting on an email!!!

Don't sercuity guards have to hold some kind of National Employment Creditation? If that is the case then why would G4S need to 'train them up? They should be seen exactly the same as Military personnel who will definatley not have to undergo G4S trainning.

On this one AM you have my full support and you should give this information to either the press or your MP as evidence. Hopefully after the Olympics Government will chase G4S for every penny of the penalty clauses contained within their contract with Locog.

That was my arguement as they all hold CIS cards so I'm struggling to find why G4S would need to train them up..?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Angryman can you expand on your vision of national service? (What ages? Who is exempt? What would it entail? etc)