Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Raymond Verheijen's Twitter

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:38 pm

He's really ripping into the Welsh FA tonight. Some might think he's being unprofessional, but good on him I say. At least he has the balls to say what we're all thinking: https://twitter.com/raymondverheije/

Re: Raymond Verheijen's Twitter

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Him and Speed were a dream team together and now we're back to square one. He's always talked sense, it's just a shame so many couldn't hear it :(

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Hes spot on

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Hartson was signed as a 'friend' more than a footballing reason, Coleman was the cheap option, it's a real shame there's no other young Welsh manager that had the same passion and knowledge as Speed.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:46 pm

The mans a legend in my eyes. Should be wales manager! Instead where stuck with a bunch of wingnuts who don't no there arse from there elbow.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:48 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:The mans a legend in my eyes. Should be wales manager! Instead where stuck with a bunch of wingnuts who don't no there arse from there elbow.

Agree.... The football under Speed was some of the best in years...

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Got t agree with Ray

Coleman seems t be appointing poor quality yes men mates t his coaching set-up, but no suprise their he has a history of this

When Speed RIP appointed Ray I do believe he did not know him,

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Sorry to say Wales are now proper fecked.

But its the WFA's fault for appointing the cheaper option.

JH has been through some much though maybe he deserves a chance? I know he hates us but its clear he has a passion for his country.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Got it spot on, absolutely gutted that Coleman was employed, but not surprised. The dream of Brazil 2014 is over before it's started sadly :(

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Players will say their 'injured' and can't play for Wales again now :roll:
With Speed, players actually wanted to be involved.
Coleman is and always will be a s**t manager.
John Hartson great hypocrite 'Dont want to be involved with Wales in anyway.'

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:27 pm

He's spot on and the decision to appoint Coleman is the biggest backward step since Bobby Gould!!!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Jesus, some of you guys have really short memories about this media whore, and if anyone was disrespectful about Speed it was this muppet.

Coleman's only had TWO games. Also, please leave the utter childish shite about 'he's Jack' etc alone because at the end of the day Coleman and Hartson are Welsh!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Im speaking as a Welsh person forgetting club and still believe Coleman will guide us f**king no where..

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 pm

captbirdseye wrote:Jesus, some of you guys have really short memories about this media whore, and if anyone was disrespectful about Speed it was this muppet.

Coleman's only had TWO games. Also, please leave the utter childish shite about 'he's Jack' etc alone because at the end of the day Coleman and Hartson are Welsh!

Was he really disrepectful..? This is what he said 'Tomorrow the FA of Wales meet about the future of Wales.'
'Hopefully the board will respect Gary's wish, so Osian Roberts [joint assistant manager] and myself can lead the team to Brazil.
'There is no need for a new manager with new ideas. Our success was based on Gary's clear structure. Everybody knows what to do for mission Brazil 2014.'

He said that two weeks after the death of Speed and personally if he wanted the job then whats he actually said wrong..?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:34 pm

captbirdseye wrote:Jesus, some of you guys have really short memories about this media whore, and if anyone was disrespectful about Speed it was this muppet.

Fukin jack kunts

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:38 pm

You were the first person to mention 'jack' on this post.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 pm

I really wish he was the manager, he would have carried on with Speedo's style of play. Quick, and on the floor. Now I expect to see more long balls down route 1

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 am

Don't forget not only was Dutch Ray Speedo's right hand man - he also is the guy who sorts Bellamy's knees out. Would have made a fantastic manager for us and I'm afraid with the gypo dream team in charge I expect to hear the words Wales nil quite often. As ever, nobody listened to what the fans wanted.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:07 am

The FAW board should all be checking into their retirement home/graves

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:48 am

Hartson publically came out and said how much he hates Cardiff etc, no doubt he's a nice bloke but if you wanna work for Wales then you've gotta be fair, also didn't he say if he didn't get the job that he wouldn't accept any role because why would you hire someone who wanted the same job as you? It's a really poor appointment,

It's not the Jack part that annoys me, Chris Coleman is too laid back, he's not a motivator and he's not really set the world alight in football management, done alright with Fulham then most of the other clubs he's underperformed, his tactics are well and truly awful, we've only given him two games but we look a completely different side, awful appointment.

I remember him saying he'd keep Gary Speed's legacy then goes on to say "I'm doing it my way?" Real shame because if we had Dutch Ray then we'd have taken a risk but if it payed off then possibly we'd see one of the most youngest but talented Welsh squad at a major tournament

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Angry Man wrote:

Was he really disrepectful..? This is what he said 'Tomorrow the FA of Wales meet about the future of Wales.'
'Hopefully the board will respect Gary's wish, so Osian Roberts [joint assistant manager] and myself can lead the team to Brazil.
'There is no need for a new manager with new ideas. Our success was based on Gary's clear structure. Everybody knows what to do for mission Brazil 2014.'

He said that two weeks after the death of Speed and personally if he wanted the job then whats he actually said wrong..?

Considering Gary Speed had not been burried at this point and the whole emotions following the tragedy of his death, most would find that disrespeful that he was touting himself for the job at this point.

Coleman did give him the opportunity to work himself & Osian Roberts he chose not to do so and resigned before the Costa Rica game which was Gary Speed's memorial game.

His comments smack of bitterness, Coleman was always going to appoint his own men

Verheijen never played the game professionally

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Considering Gary Speed had not been burried at this point and the whole emotions following the tragedy of his death, most would find that disrespeful that he was touting himself for the job at this point.

Coleman did give him the opportunity to work himself & Osian Roberts he chose not to do so and resigned before the Costa Rica game which was Gary Speed's memorial game.

His comments smack of bitterness, Coleman was always going to appoint his own men

Verheijen never played the game professionally

Sorry but the funeral took place two days before the comments were made.

You mentioned that Verheijen never played the game professionally but the same can be said for many modern day managers with the best example being Morinho but then what does he know about the game ;)