Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Clarkes pies

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 pm

as an avid fan of Clarkes pies on home match days - can anyone tell me why they are not sold anywhere in the merthyr area???

Re: Clarkes pies

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Can't stand them. Never seen the fuss over clarks pies. Even from the shop down grangetown they still taste like shit.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:16 pm

I have a lot of love for Clark's Pies :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Cardiff City - Clarks Pie's and Curry , the dogs boll*cks m8. :ayatollah:
grey_loader.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Interesting the Victoria park branch no longer has any clarkes branding.
As Kellogg's say if it's not Kellogg's on the box it's not Kellogg's in it

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:01 pm

They used to sell them in The Fountain Shop, not sure if they still do?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:Interesting the Victoria park branch no longer has any clarkes branding.
As Kellogg's say if it's not Kellogg's on the box it's not Kellogg's in it

Since when?
I thought recently they just had a new big sign?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:00 am

Since a month or 2 ago. It's now called Victoria park pies.
The only Clarks pie shop is in grangetown

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:30 am

Pidgeofcdf wrote:Since a month or 2 ago. It's now called Victoria park pies.

Ooo now,we have a topic. Is the only Clarks Pie shop in Grangetown?

I see the history of the Clarks Pie on the official website now ignores that the Cowbridge Road West shop was opened over 30 years before the Grangetown store.

Does the original pie remain with the location or the family? Mary Clark was the originator in a shop in Roath, she then opened on Cowbridge Road. Her son then opened his own shop in Grangetown, but was it just another store or did he go his separate way. Other children also left and set up their own shops.

I've had a Clarks pie in Bristol it has a crimped edge. Friggin' weird.

The shop on Cowbridge Road changed its name to Mary's Pie shop for a few weeks but it is just now Victoria Park Pies. the question is, we're the pie shops in Grangetown, Bristol and Swindon part of the Mary Clark empire or did the kids jump ship and start their own pie stores.

Hasn't there been family feuds over the pie? I see the Grangetown store has the trademark at the moment but they are suggesting the Grangetwon shop is the spiritual home of the pie so to distance it from the Cowbridge Road shop.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:42 am

Oh and the shop in Bristol suggests its where the original Clark's Pie is now made ever since Mary's son Percy moved there.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Clark-s- ... story.html

I like this quote, Mary's son Percy moved to Bedminster in the Thirties and the firm has been Bristol based ever since.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:04 am

Wayne S wrote:
Pidgeofcdf wrote:Since a month or 2 ago. It's now called Victoria park pies.

Ooo now,we have a topic. Is the only Clarks Pie shop in Grangetown?

I see the history of the Clarks Pie on the official website now ignores that the Cowbridge Road West shop was opened over 30 years before the Grangetown store.

Does the original pie remain with the location or the family? Mary Clark was the originator in a shop in Roath, she then opened on Cowbridge Road. Her son then opened his own shop in Grangetown, but was it just another store or did he go his separate way. Other children also left and set up their own shops.

I've had a Clarks pie in Bristol it has a crimped edge. Friggin' weird.

The shop on Cowbridge Road changed its name to Mary's Pie shop for a few weeks but it is just now Victoria Park Pies. the question is, we're the pie shops in Grangetown, Bristol and Swindon part of the Mary Clark empire or did the kids jump ship and start their own pie stores.

Hasn't there been family feuds over the pie? I see the Grangetown store has the trademark at the moment but they are suggesting the Grangetwon shop is the spiritual home of the pie so to distance it from the Cowbridge Road shop.

rebranding pies now?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:12 am

jtc wrote:rebranding pies now?

Yep, it seems the Grangetown shop keeps the "Clarpie" stamp on the bottom, but the Vic Park shop still makes the original and expanded the range and ship abroad.

Vic Park say the "Clarpie" mark had no commercial benefit so happily gave it up along with the Bristol stores. that doesn't quite ring true.

http://maryclarks.homestead.com/about.html

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:55 am

Jeffw wrote:as an avid fan of Clarkes pies on home match days - can anyone tell me why they are not sold anywhere in the merthyr area???

Dont want to rain on your parade mate but the pies at the stadium are not clarkes pies they are Peters Pies version and they are no comparison on the original clarkie :(

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:59 am

Bloody starving now and there's now only one option because of this thread..........