Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS KIMBO'S WORK PERMIT HOLDING THE TRANSFER?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Maybe they are waiting for that to go through before it can be confirmed? :ayatollah:

Im sure it would be granted as he has played around 14 games for his international team

Re: IS KIMBO'S WORK PERMIT HOLDING THE TRANSFER?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm

it will be fine as south korea are ranked high enough in the rankings , I expect it to be official by end of the week :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Got a feeling he won't end up signing lol hope I'm wrong but I got that feeling things aint going according to plan.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 pm

international clearance forms can take upto at least a week to sort... kimbo only arrived in the country on the weekend so this is one that could take a few days or so.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Standard.

We could hardly apply for a work permit before he was our player
could we? But we know he's going to get one. Chill fellers.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 pm

taffyapple wrote:Standard.

We could hardly apply for a work permit before he was our player
could we? But we know he's going to get one. Chill fellers.

Hope your right apple :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:14 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Got a feeling he won't end up signing lol hope I'm wrong but I got that feeling things aint going according to plan.

If the contracts are signed and its just international clearance then its just a matter of time before its official :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:33 pm

glammy74 wrote:Maybe they are waiting for that to go through before it can be confirmed? :ayatollah:

Im sure it would be granted as he has played around 14 games for his international team

In all fairness Glammy I agree, I have seen plenty of players announced prior to international clearance. Why haven't the club announced this subject to clearance being granted. If the player didn't get clearance, then it would put to bed all the negative twats on here that will blame the club not being able to see itself or the funds not being in place.

Just announce it.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Been scanning the record books for South Korea's results.

Since his debut in early 2010 South Korea have played 21 competitive matches, he has played in 4 of them, starting all 4 rather than coming on as a sub. Two appearances were in early 2010 and two in early 2012. I thought it used to be that non EU players had to play in 75% of their country's competitive internationals in the last two years. He is well short of that and even if you only count games in the last 24 months he is only 2 from 14 since the world cup.

Since his debut South Korea have also played 20 friendly matches, I can find 9 appearances for him in these matches 3 starts and 6 sub appearances.

I am missing one of his caps somewhere but I really can't see how he will get a work permit unless he has a European passport or dual eu citizenship or something similar.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:00 pm

It can take up to a week or so.
Keinan had the same problem.
He was at Reading Home when we drew 2-2 and Chops was with him.. I asked why he couldn't play and he said he had to wait for work permit,etc then he played against Swansea for his first game! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:03 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:It can take up to a week or so.
Keinan had the same problem.
He was at Reading Home when we drew 2-2 and Chops was with him.. I asked why he couldn't play and he said he had to wait for work permit,etc then he played against Swansea for his first game! :ayatollah:

Keinan already had a work permit from signing for Blackpool 6 months earlier, so he just needed the normal clearances. This guys situation will be completely different unfortunately.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:07 pm

International clearance? Didnt realise it was the a different situation! :oops: :ayatollah: