Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Legal Advice wanted: Selling on a bad debt

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:53 pm

can I sell a CCJ debt which is owed to me to anyone or do they have to be a certain debt buying companies..?

Re: Legal Advice wanted: Selling on a bad debt

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Angry Man wrote:can I sell a CCJ debt which is owed to me to anyone or do they have to be a certain debt buying companies..?

From what I understand you can sell debts to anyone in the same way as any other comodity or product. It is then up to them to collect the debt (although nobody is allowed to use threats or intimadation)

However, you must have extensive paperwork but that shouldn't be a problem if you have obtained a CCJ.

TBH AM if you have a CCJ why not case the debt yourself?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Angry Man wrote:can I sell a CCJ debt which is owed to me to anyone or do they have to be a certain debt buying companies..?

From what I understand you can sell debts to anyone in the same way as any other comodity or product. It is then up to them to collect the debt (although nobody is allowed to use threats or intimadation)

However, you must have extensive paperwork but that shouldn't be a problem if you have obtained a CCJ.

I am but the added time its taking. I'm thinking of putting it on ebay :lol:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Angry Man wrote:

If the Debt is over £600, then I would hand it over to these guys.

http://thesheriffsoffice.com/services/h ... nforcement

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Angry Man wrote:

:lol: :lol: Love it.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:15 pm

These guys have been known to get good results Adam. ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.