Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Protests for next season

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Can I just add;

taking away all the facts and figures (and leaving them to the more mathematically gifted..)

Can we honestly say that without the re-branding of the club we would have seen the great signings arrive that we have seen?

Would Malky have been given the opportunity to sign Kim Bo Kyung? Velikonja? Mutch?

Or would we still be waiting on our first decent signing with Kenny Miller still on the roster?

Food for thought..

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:24 pm

JamesC wrote:Can I just add;

taking away all the facts and figures (and leaving them to the more mathematically gifted..)

Can we honestly say that without the re-branding of the club we would have seen the great signings arrive that we have seen?

Would Malky have been given the opportunity to sign Kim Bo Kyung? Velikonja? Mutch?

Or would we still be waiting on our first decent signing with Kenny Miller still on the roster?

Food for thought..

You can honestly say you had heard of Kim Bo Kyung and Velikonja before we were linked to them? give over.

Mutch was blamed by man Brum fans for their poor second half to the season.

It always amazes me how many people claim to rate players they have never seen, let alone labelling them as 'great'.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:26 pm

RoathMagic wrote:

Food for thought..

You can honestly say you had heard of Kim Bo Kyung and Velikonja before we were linked to them? give over.

It always amazes me how many people claim to rate players they have never seen, let alone labelling them as 'great'.

Ahh I can see why you're disliked. You jump on a comment like im a journo telling you my opinion as if they are fact.

it was a topic to add to the re-branding issue. That is all

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Work your way back up the lagues? :lol: Take the "back" away mate!, prefer to start again! Youre still on the starting line!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:29 pm

So you hadnt heard of them then... and therefor assume you have never seen them play before?

Surely this is a basic requirement to make a judgement on a players ability.

Just an observation.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:34 pm

RoathMagic wrote:So you hadnt heard of them then... and therefor assume you have never seen them play before?

Just an observation.

Take what we have found out so far.

Celtic and Dortmund (so it was reported) were after Kimbo, and he is very highly rated by many, also his youtube videos show his ability

Velikonja has been watched by Malky for a while, so has obvious talent, and was highly regarded at Maribor

Mutch I have just heard good things about from a friend of mine who is a brummy, so he is wait and see.

But you take away the point that I originally made

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:46 pm

JamesC wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:So you hadnt heard of them then... and therefor assume you have never seen them play before?

Just an observation.

Celtic and Dortmund (so it was reported) were after Kimbo, and he is very highly rated by many, also his youtube videos show his ability

Velikonja has been watched by Malky for a while, so has obvious talent, and was highly regarded at Maribor

Mutch I have just heard good things about from a friend of mine who is a brummy, so he is wait and see.

So your are basing your view on Kimbo solely on the fact a Scottish Premier League team allegedly wanted him and you base your opinion on Velikonja solely on the fact Malky watched him and hes done ok with a 1 goal in 3 games record in the Slovenian league. :?

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt your point that we wouldnt have signed these 'great' plyers without the investment? even though they may be awful?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:50 pm

southend wrote:So, what are you lot going to be doing about being taken up the arse by your Asian investors?

Hope season tickets haven't been renewed, and that theres a widespread boycott of matches

Although you're a bunch of taffs, I wouldn't want to see you taking this lying down; the club and everything it once stood for is worth a lot more than that! Remember going past Ninian Park with a real sense of trepidtion, now, it seems you've turned into just another plastic, souless club in a shiny new stadium a la Middlesborough, Reading, Arsenal, etc.

Hope the real fans, who have stuck by the club through thick and thin, show the Nick Hornby platers that football isn't only about getting into the top flight and and showing a complete lack of integrity in the process.

Piss off onto your own site, and stop stirring the shit you moron.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
JamesC wrote:

Just an observation.

So your are basing your view on Kimbo solely on the fact a Scottish Premier League team allegedly wanted him and you base your opinion on Velikonja solely on the fact Malky watched him and hes done ok with a 1 goal in 3 games record in the Slovenian league. :?

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt your point that we wouldnt have signed these 'great' plyers without the investment? even though they may be awful?

They may well be awful, yes.

However I doubt it

Because people who are paid thousands and live and breathe football every day have rated them, and now signed them for City

so Yes. I believe they will all be great signings.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Like Andy Carroll you mean?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:58 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Like Andy Carroll you mean?

completely different situation

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:59 pm

JamesC wrote:

in what way?

Eddie Johnson then?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:02 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
JamesC wrote:

in what way?

Eddie Johnson then?

AC was a big money transfer, he had a 35m figure over his head, and he needed more time to settle, he was excellent at the end of the season and did relatively well in tthe Suros, needs another season at Anfield imo

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:23 pm

southend wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
southend wrote:So, what are you lot going to be doing about being taken up the arse by your Asian investors?

Hope season tickets haven't been renewed, and that theres a widespread boycott of matches

Although you're a bunch of taffs, I wouldn't want to see you taking this lying down; the club and everything it once stood for is worth a lot more than that! Remember going past Ninian Park with a real sense of trepidtion, now, it seems you've turned into just another plastic, souless club in a shiny new stadium a la Middlesborough, Reading, Arsenal, etc.

Hope the real fans, who have stuck by the club through thick and thin, show the Nick Hornby platers that football isn't only about getting into the top flight and and showing a complete lack of integrity in the process.

If this happened to any other club in the UK, the outcome would be exactly the same, a few fans would boycott and everyone else would stay and support the club regardless (which is what's happening here). We've lost our identity and it does hurt, but as long as we're still called Cardiff City FC it's not going to stop me from supporting my local team and most fans in the UK would agree with me.

From what I understand, your owner went back on his word and ended up changing the identity of the club without it properly being discussed with the fans. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, he rode roughshod over you. Its a disgrace that something like this should be allowed to happen, but the fact that you let it happen makes it even worse.

Correct. I have no trust for them anymore. I can't believe we have fans who haven't got a problem with the rebrand at all and are prepared to buy the red shirt. But the thing is that we heard about the proposals a month before it actually happened and everyone was against it, VT then put out a statement saying that he'd changed his mind. Due to the 'red or dead' debate which lasted a month, some fans actually started to think that rebranding was the way forward. We then found out a month later, a day before it happened, that it was back on and there was nothing we could do.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:36 pm

malky and the team on the pitch fully deserve all of our support, i will take my part in showing my non agreement of the change of colour by wearing blue... but i will not disrupt the players, manager or staff with protests outside the ground and so on....

i want cardiff city to do the best they can and without our support they wont... this will probably be the 1st year where i wont venture into the club shop for anything but that is how i will show my disatisfaction with the change, by keeping my money in my pocket! i wont be singing pro or anti red songs, i will be there shouting for cardiff city fc. the way they whole process has been done is shocking and has totally divided fans in one of the most important seasons for us ever... but we must do what we do best and get on with supporting the boys and malky...

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:13 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:Work your way back up the lagues? :lol: Take the "back" away mate!, prefer to start again! Youre still on the starting line!

:lol:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Food for thought..

I honestly had only ever heard of Mutch and that was that he was an injury prone player, I couldn't careless if they signed 10 Bellamy's, I would rather keep my identity and be proud.
James u need to hurry and change your badge.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Food for thought..

I honestly had only ever heard of Mutch and that was that he was an injury prone player, I couldn't careless if they signed 10 Bellamy's, I would rather keep my identity and be proud.
Kjames u need to hurry and change your badge.

I've sat on the wall with this re-branding and taken a wait and see approach.

It doesnt mean i'm happy with the change from red to blue, and the badge to a beermat.

I'll keep my badge how it is, because that is how I want Cardiff City to be.

And with my other post, I wasn't defending the re-branding, if you look back, I only put a question out for discussion.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:24 pm

JamesC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Food for thought..

I honestly had only ever heard of Mutch and that was that he was an injury prone player, I couldn't careless if they signed 10 Bellamy's, I would rather keep my identity and be Proud.

Ok Cheers, but there are some like myself could never be bought of by new signings and promises etc.
Premiership to me is not everything, my pride of the colour Blue and my Badge is all I have ever known and all I ever want to know. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:27 pm

I've always said I understand everyones frustrations with VTs rebranding, I was just thinking of who we would be welcoming to the club now, had we not turned red.

However we have to face the facts, The shirts have been made, and this year at least, Cardiff will be the red dragons

it even seems weird to type out! O.o

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:31 pm

JamesC wrote:I've always said I understand everyones frustrations with VTs rebranding, I was just thinking of who we would be welcoming to the club now, had we not turned red.

However we have to face the facts, The shirts have been made, and this year at least, Cardiff will be the red dragons

Rem this James it has now been said on at least 3occasions by our Chief Executive we were never Red or Dead and at worse it might have been is a relegation, well to keep my identity, I would of taken the relegation.

I know there is nothing much I can do, but I can at least moan to everyone every day. :lol:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:37 pm

The figures are there for anyone to see, we wouldnt have gone to the wall. This is just an excuse for people to get behnd the rebrand that dont want to admit that they would happily rip the soul out of the club for a better chance of getting promoted and seeing some big teams.

its pathetic.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JamesC wrote:I've always said I understand everyones frustrations with VTs rebranding, I was just thinking of who we would be welcoming to the club now, had we not turned red.

Rem this James it has now been said on at least 3occasions by our Chief Executive we were never Red or Dead and what at worse it might have been is a relegation, well to keep my identity, I would of taken the relegation.

I know there is nothing much I can do, but I can at least moan to everyone every day. :lol:

I truely believe that if the re-branding was scrapped, and VT washed his hands of the club, that someone else with money would have taken over and pushed money in.

There are always investors out there, and Cardiff City is an attractive club for someone who can clear the debts.

We have always had the potential to get promoted, and had great players here.

How many times has Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool ect. been to Wembley?
How many times have Cardiff been there?

We have been in the play offs, FA Cup and Carling cup final, with 2 different managers, and 2 different teams. Not many players survived both trips, so why do we keep getting there? Luck? Is Whittingham doing all the work himself? Is it the drive that the fans provide for the players and the atmosphere created by the football culture?

Whatever the reasons, we have been very successful, and i'm sure there are plenty of people who would want a piece.

Saying that..... I could be wrong

Just my opinion :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:43 pm

JamesC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Rem this James it has now been said on at least 3occasions by our Chief Executive we were never Red or Dead and what at worse it might have been is a relegation, well to keep my identity, I would of taken the relegation.

I truely believe that if the re-branding was scrapped, and VT washed his hands of the club, that someone else with money would have taken over and pushed money in.

There are always investors out there, and Cardiff City is an attractive club for someone who can clear the debts.

We have always had the potential to get promoted, and had great players here.

How many times has Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool ect. been to Wembley?
How many times have Cardiff been there?

We have been in the play offs, FA Cup and Carling cup final, with 2 different managers, and 2 different teams. Not many players survived both trips, so why do we keep getting there? Luck? Is Whittingham doing all the work himself? Is it the drive that the fans provide for the players and the atmosphere created by the football culture?

Whatever the reasons, we have been very successful, and i'm sure there are plenty of people who would want a piece.

Saying that..... I could be wrong

Just my opinion :D :ayatollah:

We have exactly the same opinions on this.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:47 pm

RoathMagic wrote:

Food for thought..

Surprised that anyone thinks Birmingham had a poor second half to the season when you consider only Reading collected more points than Birmingham in those 23 games. :?

Even more confusing when you consider he appeared in only 22 league matches completing 90 minutes in only 12. Really hard to please some supporters. :? :?

Jordan Mutch is still a young player who looks to have a good career ahead of him but right now that's all he is a good young prospect. Let's hope he develops during his time at Cardiff and the fans get behind him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Just read this and havent read anybody elses posts on this thread but I have to agree with southend 100% just a shame lots dont .That is the worst part for me alla the fans that just rolled over

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:54 pm

The fans didn't just roll over, there are protest groups everywhere.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 pm

castleblue wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

Food for thought..

Surprised that anyone thinks Birmingham had a poor second half to the season when you consider only Reading collected more points than Birmingham in those 23 games. :?

Even more confusing when you consider he appeared in only 22 league matches completing 90 minutes in only 12. Really hard to please some supporters. :? :?

Jordan Mutch is still a young player who looks to have a good career ahead of him but right now that's all he is a good young prospect. Let's hope he develops during his time at Cardiff and the fans get behind him.

i thought he done well considering he was chucked in at the deep end.he played the first game or so then broke his ankle in training.come back around xmas .think he had a diff injury after but played a lot after xmas.about march one game he tried a hollywood ball that went nowhere and got slated by some.went into his shell a bit.we have some morons who follow us(who doesn,t).felt he did well overall.a lot of promise.the play off games he badly missed fahey next to him.a fit fahey and we would have done blackpool.i,d say malky would have his dossier on him so he must think he,s a safe buy injury wise.with some of our signings i,m feeling better about him leaving but no way have you brought a bad un.remember he,s a kid .show him a bit of love and support and he,ll do well for you.i,ll say this now.in a 4.4.2 whitts is not nailed on if mutch and gunnersson gel

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 pm

castleblue wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

Food for thought..

forgot to say c.b i,m a s/t holder so i don,t miss many home games

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm

this thread is a load of ballocks and city would be crazy to reject an opportunity to secure a future and also progress the club, yes it would be cool if we could have kept the blue shirt but beggars can not be choosers,,,,,,

im sure many other clubs would do the same... city will survive and we still keep our history what ever you say....

I hope most city fans with grasp the opportunity to support the team and malky and show unity ,
:ayatollah: